Home U.S. Coin Forum

How much premium is attached to a 108 series rattler?

2»

Answers

• WalkerloverWalkerlover Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2024 12:10PM

@MFeld said:

@Walkerlover said:

@IkesT said:

@Walkerlover said:

@DeplorableDan said:
    Well that's rather odd. Did this thread cause a ripple in the space-time ebay continuum?

All hell broke loose. All I did was post a simple innocent question. Ike T has it in for me. He is totally against me. As soon as I posted the question he is investigating and searching EBay. THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE AND UNETHICAL

You started a thread about a coin, so I posted the coin. I fail to see how that is unethical. You said you don't even want the coin. The seller says that eBay removed his listings. So what are you still blaming me for, exactly?

I started a thread about the 108 series ONLY NOT ABOUT ANY SPECIFIC COIN. I wanted an answer to my question only. I don’t understand why on earth you felt the need to post and expose that specific coin, except to discredit me.

If your thread wasn’t ABOUT ANY SPECIFIC COIN, it shouldn’t make any difference, whatsoever, that someone posted and exposed that particular coin or any other.
    And some of your accusations against @IkesT are preposterous.

Well he is claiming he bought the coin from this seller which I have no idea if it is true or not. And this is from an actual auction not a BIN listing. If he made the seller a private offer and bought it, then he used my general question for his own financial benefit by looking up the coin and purchasing it for himself. Wouldn’t you think it strange that all the watchlist items disappeared after he exposed the coin and seller

• PeakRaritiesPeakRarities Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

You saw the seller's message, no one bought them out from under you.

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

@MFeld said:

@Walkerlover said:

@MFeld said:

@Walkerlover said:

@IkesT said:

@Walkerlover said:

@DeplorableDan said:
    Well that's rather odd. Did this thread cause a ripple in the space-time ebay continuum?

All hell broke loose. All I did was post a simple innocent question. Ike T has it in for me. He is totally against me. As soon as I posted the question he is investigating and searching EBay. THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE AND UNETHICAL

You started a thread about a coin, so I posted the coin. I fail to see how that is unethical. You said you don't even want the coin. The seller says that eBay removed his listings. So what are you still blaming me for, exactly?

I started a thread about the 108 series ONLY NOT ABOUT ANY SPECIFIC COIN. I wanted an answer to my question only. I don’t understand why on earth you felt the need to post and expose that specific coin, except to discredit me.

If your thread wasn’t ABOUT ANY SPECIFIC COIN, it shouldn’t make any difference, whatsoever, that someone posted and exposed that particular coin or any other.

Well he is claiming he bought the coin from this seller which I have no idea if it is true or not. And this is from an actual auction not a BIN listing. If he made the seller a private offer and bought it, then he used my general question for his own financial benefit by looking up the coin and purchasing it for himself. Wouldn’t you think it strange that all the watchlist items disappeared after he exposed the coin and seller

He didn’t claim to have bought the coin. @Manifest_Destiny is the one who posted “Thanks, I just bought it!”.
    And if, after reading your general question, someone located a coin you had no interest in and bought it, I’d see nothing wrong with that.
    I don’t know of anyone here who’d have the clout to make watched list items disappear. Did you miss the post indicating that your eBay account wasn’t the only one from which watched list items disappeared.
    Frankly, the more you post to this thread, the worse you’re making yourself look.

Okay fair enough to some of us your points but can’t you see that this guy IkeT is against me in his posts.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2024 12:31PM

@Walkerlover said:

Wouldn’t you think it strange that all the watchlist items disappeared after he exposed the coin and seller

no. because i would have clicked on the ebay link and saw that ebay nuked it. that's why the sellers auctions disappeared from your list.

again, "we looked everywhere" means it has been ebay nuked**

**or the auction is so, so ancient that ebay no longer has it archived

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Walkerlover said:

@MFeld said:

@Walkerlover said:

@MFeld said:

@Walkerlover said:

@IkesT said:

@Walkerlover said:

@DeplorableDan said:

He didn’t claim to have bought the coin. @Manifest_Destiny is the one who posted “Thanks, I just bought it!”.
    And if, after reading your general question, someone located a coin you had no interest in and bought it, I’d see nothing wrong with that.
    I don’t know of anyone here who’d have the clout to make watched list items disappear. Did you miss the post indicating that your eBay account wasn’t the only one from which watched list items disappeared.
    Frankly, the more you post to this thread, the worse you’re making yourself look.

Okay fair enough to some of us your points but can’t you see that this guy IkeT is against me in his posts.

Deep breaths! Not everything is a conspiracy!

Smitten with DBLCs.

• 124Spider124Spider Posts: 906 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Walkerlover said:

That's hilarious. Taken in the context of all the absurd accusations @Walkerlover has made on this sorry thread, it's astonishingly silly.

• johnny010johnny010 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you post a coin in a public forum it’s fair game.

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, what a cluster.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • fiftysevenerfiftysevener Posts: 905 ✭✭✭✭

Wow all this over a decent coin in a substandard holder ?

edited February 3, 2024 3:54PM

I will apologize for inferring Ike T was responsible for issues with my EBay account. The question itself as posed in the thread was perfectly fine. I didn’t see the necessity of posting the actual coin from the auction and while maybe not unethical was done to provoke a response by me from IkeT. So I think done in poor taste

• jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

WalkerloverWalkerlover Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭ February 3, 2024 1:07PM edited February 3, 2024 1:10PM
    @MFeld said:

» show previous quotes

Walkerlover posted:

My reply:

Why take his side? I was protecting an ongoing auction by not posting the coin so as not to taint the results while he exposed the listing

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you view this seller's eBay completed listings they show a rattler heavy inventory: https://ebay.com/sch/11116/i.html?LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_fss=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=schul&LH_SpecificSeller=1

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 13,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Walkerlover said:

@MFeld said:

@Walkerlover said:

@IkesT said:

@Walkerlover said:

@DeplorableDan said:

Frankly, the more you post to this thread, the worse you’re making yourself look.> @Walkerlover said:

@MFeld said:

WalkerloverWalkerlover Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭ February 3, 2024 1:07PM edited February 3, 2024 1:10PM
    @MFeld said:

» show previous quotes

Walkerlover posted:

My reply:

Why take his side? I was protecting an ongoing auction by not posting the coin so as not to taint the results while he exposed the listing

1) You mistakenly claimed that he said he bought the coin, so I corrected you on that.
    2) You made absurd and baseless accusations against him.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up, I managed to buy 5 from the seller!

• lermishlermish Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mentioning an ongoing auction by an unrelated third party is not "exposing it" and is not a bad thing. It's free advertising. How many more people saw the seller's auction because it was posted here? If I was the seller I would be delighted, notwithstanding the eBay technical issues.

Also, @ManifestDestiny was joking. Of course he didn't BIN because it was an auction, it was impossible. That's why it should have been obvious that it was a joke.

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 13,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Walkerlover said:

@MFeld said:

@Walkerlover said:

@MFeld said:

@Walkerlover said:

@IkesT said:

@Walkerlover said:

@DeplorableDan said:

Frankly, the more you post to this thread, the worse you’re making yourself look.> @Walkerlover said:

@MFeld said:

@MFeld said:

» show previous quotes

Walkerlover posted:

My reply:

1) You mistakenly claimed that he said he bought the coin, so I corrected you on that.

Okay so I apologize for confusing him with Manifest Destiny, and inferring he caused a problem with my EBay account.

BUT I PROTECTED THE INTEGRITY OF THE AUCTION AS I WAS CURIOUS TO WHY THE COIN WAS AT $500 for a common MS 65 Walker. Then I noticed the 108 serial number and thought maybe that had something to do it so I started the ask a question thread.
    So WHY DONT YOU CRITICIZE HIM FOR UNECESSARILY EXPOSING A ONGOING AUCTION LISTING BY POSTING THE ACTUAL COIN WHEN IT WASN’T NEEDED FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE DISCUSSION.

AS A MATTER OF FACT MANIFEST DESTINY DID NOT PROBABLY BUY THE COIN EITHER AS IT WAS STILL LISTED AFTER HE CLAIMED HE PURCHASED IT AND IT WAS AUCTION NOT BIN

I don't see anything wrong with merely posting an auction without commenting on it or asking a question about it.
    I never thought for a minute that @Manifest_Destiny won the sale, as I was quite sure that he was joking.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

@> @MFeld said:

@Walkerlover said:

@MFeld said:

@Walkerlover said:

@MFeld said:

@Walkerlover said:

@IkesT said:

@Walkerlover said:

@DeplorableDan said:

@MFeld said:

@MFeld said:

» show previous quotes

Walkerlover posted:

My reply:

Okay so I apologize for confusing him with Manifest Destiny, and inferring he caused a problem with my EBay account.

BUT I PROTECTED THE INTEGRITY OF THE AUCTION AS I WAS CURIOUS TO WHY THE COIN WAS AT $500 for a common MS 65 Walker. Then I noticed the 108 serial number and thought maybe that had something to do it so I started the ask a question thread.
    So WHY DONT YOU CRITICIZE HIM FOR UNECESSARILY EXPOSING A ONGOING AUCTION LISTING BY POSTING THE ACTUAL COIN WHEN IT WASN’T NEEDED FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE DISCUSSION.

AS A MATTER OF FACT MANIFEST DESTINY DID NOT PROBABLY BUY THE COIN EITHER AS IT WAS STILL LISTED AFTER HE CLAIMED HE PURCHASED IT AND IT WAS AUCTION NOT BIN

I don't see anything wrong with merely posting an auction without commenting on it or asking a question about it.
    I never thought for a minute that @Manifest_Destiny won the sale, as I was quite sure that he was joking.

Okay I will let this subject rest for good but I do feel IkeT and Manifest Destiny bully me on this form. That’s all I will say.

• 124Spider124Spider Posts: 906 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Walkerlover said:
    Okay I will let this subject rest for good but I do feel IkeT and Manifest Destiny bully me on this form. That’s all I will say.

It may be that internet forums aren't a good playground for you. Nobody is "bullying" you here. Rather, your manner is odd going in, and becomes offensively defensive immediately, whether or not someone has looked at you sideways.

In coin collecting, some people have pareidolia, in which they see things in coins that aren't really there. You take offense where none should be taken, and things rapidly go downhill from there.

"Take a breath" has been suggested on this thread a few times. I strongly suspect that, unless you learn to do that, your time as an active member of this forum will be very limited (i.e., you can't just throw nasty accusations at people here, and not expect some negative consequences).

@MFeld said:

@Walkerlover said:

@MFeld said:

@Walkerlover said:

@MFeld said:

@Walkerlover said:

@IkesT said:

@Walkerlover said:

@DeplorableDan said:

@MFeld said:

@MFeld said:

» show previous quotes

Walkerlover posted:

My reply:

Now that this seems to be done with it would be interesting if some more people would comment on the intent of the original thread to explain if other numbers besides 1080*** and 10801*** which I believe were the white 108 rattlers are still very valuable. Perhaps Mr. Feld you could comment if you feel like it

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Walkerlover said:
    I do feel IkeT and Manifest Destiny bully me on this form.

Don't pin a target on your back and run out on the firing range. ;)

You seem to like doing this and wonder why everybody takes shots at you.

You keep posting questions about active auctions and you keep saying you won't do it anymore.
    Insanity is doing the same thing over & over again and expecting different results.

@Walkerlover Let me ask you one question.
    If you didn't want to buy or bid on the coin why didn't you wait until the auction closed and then ask your question?
    You do realize that would have eliminated this whole ordeal. ;)

@124Spider said:sellers items were deleted conciidentally> @ifthevamzarockin said:

@Walkerlover said:
    I do feel IkeT and Manifest Destiny bully me on this form.

Don't pin a target on your back and run out on the firing range. ;)

You seem to like doing this and wonder why everybody takes shots at you.

You keep posting questions about active auctions and you keep saying you won't do it anymore.
    Insanity is doing the same thing over & over again and expecting different results.

@Walkerlover Let me ask you one question.
    If you didn't want to buy or bid on the coin why didn't you wait until the auction closed and then ask your question?
    You do realize that would have eliminated this whole ordeal. ;)

I never thought anyone would go to the trouble to research EBay for this coin except detective IkeT I am realizing now. All I did was post a hypothetical partial 1086 coin serial number not an actual EBay listing. Did I do something so wrong

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do not post questions on active listings and you won't keep having the same problem.
    Is this really that hard to understand?

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    Do not post questions on active listings and you won't keep having the same problem.
    Is this really that hard to understand?

Okay thanks for your advice

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file