Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The New Doily Census - 2016

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    dunkleosteus430dunkleosteus430 Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭

1858 Flying Eagle 1c PCGS MS62
    Cert# 6245721

1858 1C Small Letters MS62 PCGS. PCGS Population: (158/718). NGC Census: (153/576). CDN: $815 Whsle. Bid for NGC/PCGS... https://coins.ha.com/itm/flying-eagle-cents/1858-1c-small-letters-ms62-pcgs-pcgs-population-158-718-ngc-census-153-576-cdn-815-whsle-bid-for-ngc-pcgs/a/132251-25045.s

Young Numismatist

• Options

we just purchased a 1881 1C MS65 RB PCGS CAC, no pics yet, we should have photographed next week for you guys to update with the cert number @DRUNNER

regards!

ParadimeCoins.com PCGS NGC CAC InventorySign up for our exclusive NEWPs mailing list - Subscribe

• Options

At GC auction (12-25-22)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options

my holiday indulgence: Canada 5 cents 1947 (Dot) MS 63 cert#9140037.

NO 'PCGS'!! why is that? does that add extra value? if i am reading the census chart right, this is the 2nd known piece without 'PCGS'. interestingly both are Canadian. @DRUNNER

• Options
    Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amaths-
    The doily w/o pcgs at the top is indeed quite rare. There is a post on these boards about this. Probably somewhere between 20 and 40 would be a good estimate.
    They do hold a large premium over a regular doily, so congrats to you on your find.
    B)

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amaths
    Yes! You are correct! Lakes (Lakesammman) who is also here a lot will fill you in on the number, but that piece has a lot going for it. I had the first Canadian Doily back "in the day" . . . now there are a few more, but yours is probably the only 5c. and also is the 'missing PCGS' variety . . . .

Bravo!!!!

Drunner

• Options

Young Numismatist

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

The "No PCGS" doily census is now up to 12. Thanks for posting the Dot 5c. :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    WinLoseWinWinLoseWin Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is a 1916 Canadian Large Cent that is not in the census (not mine, wish I had spotted it before the Sept 2022 auction).

Don't recall if I saw it mentioned somewhere or ran across the listing myself.

Sept 2022 Auction lot listing:

https://icollector.com/1916-One-Cent_i46359217

"To Be Esteemed Be Useful" - 1792 Birch Cent --- "I personally think we developed language because of our deep need to complain." - Lily Tomlin

• Options
    WinLoseWinWinLoseWin Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

This 1801 Eagle is already on the census. Could not resist posting the really good photos a seller has up on Ebay. (I have no association with the seller or the coin, though wish I did.)

It could possibly be the second most valuable doily with a PCGS guide value of $80,000 or maybe even the most valuable if it had CAC green or gold. It doesn't have a CAC sticker as of 1-2023. I would guess it has probably already been submitted. If so, wonder why it did not get it as it sure appears nice by the photos.

Sellers ebay link as of 1-29-2023:

https://ebay.com/itm/144896743358?hash=item21bc84d7be:g:rJkAAOSwfkFjvypT&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoFT0Q4U7SHkkKAxSNKqXoJgxEbMxQcyU%2FyoJfVw4BVP5gMwztuO%2F2RfDGcMmHfBvKK7kwxlsAEFeVNZRte5Z8eBA6pTtFxNfCG3VDZOwubNLUyJrs%2FcCvSw4BrnmnEz09V2f0%2BLkohDCqeHZL8xtaBEKqxAyj9BtMEqP%2FLQroDfCtQbn4bOXSlONh%2Fmj8UNOTB%2FY7i0N6%2FOx7elmvnPxa18%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR_ypt5q-YQ

"To Be Esteemed Be Useful" - 1792 Birch Cent --- "I personally think we developed language because of our deep need to complain." - Lily Tomlin

• Options

@WinLoseWin said:

Here is a 1916 Canadian Large Cent that is not in the census (not mine, wish I had spotted it before the Sept 2022 auction).

Don't recall if I saw it mentioned somewhere or ran across the listing myself.

Sept 2022 Auction lot listing:

https://icollector.com/1916-One-Cent_i46359217

i picked this up, its incredible in hand and one of my favorite in my collection

• Options

@WinLoseWin said:

This 1801 Eagle is already on the census. Could not resist posting the really good photos a seller has up on Ebay. (I have no association with the seller or the coin, though wish I did.)

It could possibly be the second most valuable doily with a PCGS guide value of $80,000 or maybe even the most valuable if it had CAC green or gold. It doesn't have a CAC sticker as of 1-2023. I would guess it has probably already been submitted. If so, wonder why it did not get it as it sure appears nice by the photos.

Sellers ebay link as of 1-29-2023:

https://ebay.com/itm/144896743358?hash=item21bc84d7be:g:rJkAAOSwfkFjvypT&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoFT0Q4U7SHkkKAxSNKqXoJgxEbMxQcyU%2FyoJfVw4BVP5gMwztuO%2F2RfDGcMmHfBvKK7kwxlsAEFeVNZRte5Z8eBA6pTtFxNfCG3VDZOwubNLUyJrs%2FcCvSw4BrnmnEz09V2f0%2BLkohDCqeHZL8xtaBEKqxAyj9BtMEqP%2FLQroDfCtQbn4bOXSlONh%2Fmj8UNOTB%2FY7i0N6%2FOx7elmvnPxa18%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR_ypt5q-YQ

This coin has been submitted to cac about 8 times. There is a lot of contention between the owner and JA on not receiving a sticker, but i agree with John on this one. If you look on the reverse at 3:00 it appears there may be a plugged hole

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ll get all of these updated and a new copy of the spreadsheet to post.
    Looks like the 1888-S $20 Lib is missing the ring.

thefinn
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2023 7:32PM

@DRUNNER
    Here are some new ones I saw at a Houston coin show today.
    1881-CC $1 MS-64 CAC Cert#5107561
    1922 $1 MS-64 Cert#8190592
    The coin in the middle is already on the census.
    Just out of sight (you can still see the edge) is a Liberty $20 in a regency holder with the original bag. Unfortunately I didn't think to take a picture of it.

Young Numismatist

• Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found these two last week at the new coin show in Kansas City. The Wisconsin is already listed but the 1899 Morgan is not.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only Flying Eagle cent in a Doily I've seen - acquired at the Phoenix ANA for my personal collection

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice, Charmy. Planning to submit it to CAC?

Tim

• Options

Not in census, FS on ebay now, not mine

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options

Here is another one not listed. There is a small crack on the top left side of the stacking ring.

• Options
    SimonWSimonW Posts: 684 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ironmanl63 said:

@DRUNNER said:
    HAHAHAHHAA . . . . .Soooo good to see Billet7 back!

Coincidental that all three guys with some ties to the Census are from the backwaters of Utah. We owe most to Billet7 . . . I remember when he needed to retire from the Boards . . . I took over with the tech help of Lakes . . . . and then as I moved out, Finn came in. All three of us live within 40 miles of each other.

Must be in the water . . . .

Drunner

That's pretty amazing that you guys all live so close to each other. Small world.

I’m just seeing this! (Billet7, now a new handle) what great memories putting together the Census and meeting you guys! Are you still doing shows around here? I’ve been spending some time on the darkside stuff mostly with pillar Spanish colonial. Still need to get me another doily! I had many, but had to sell them all.

I'm BACK!!! Used to be Billet7 on the old forum.

• Options

I have no pics of one I found but it is not on the list. It is a 1904-O Morgan MS63 CAC 7306374. The holder looked to be in good shape.

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just ran across this thread. Excellent! Kind of disappointed and surprised there's not an 1878-cc in a doily.

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spread sheet has been updated as of 08/03/2023.

thefinn
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great work K . . . . . .

Drunner

• Options

From the Las Vegas show video - a screen shot of three in a case. (did not see two on the list unless I missed it and 3rd now has a cac)

A little tough to get a clear screenshot but looking closely these are the numbers I came up with.

https://www.pcgs.com/cert/08191963 1880 S MS64 (cac) - on the list but now has cac

https://www.pcgs.com/cert/8205929 1881 S MS64

https://www.pcgs.com/cert/08183430 1904 O MS63 (cac)

Thread link with video and near end around the 15:54 mark.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1095028/one-of-the-better-youtube-videos-from-las-vegas-show

• Options
    CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a Saint that's for sale on Northeast Numismatics website that is not on the census.

• Options
    AlanSkiAlanSki Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here’s 1 I don’t see on the list.

• Options

Not mine, but here are some Saints not listed on the census

• Options

Jan. 2024 update - thanks again to TheFinn!

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options

Another update posted today - thanks again to thefinn - the color coding on the spreadsheet is amazing!

• Options

Not in census. Not mine

• Options

Another not in census, not my coin.

• Options
    howephowep Posts: 46 ✭✭✭

Just purchased. Not in census. 1924-S PCGS MS 63. Nice color #7301889

• Options

Currently at auction.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 11, 2024 8:33PM

there were at least 8 (eight) mostly DMPL Morgans that sold at Heritage today - I did not check to see if listed in census

3123950, 8191314, 6248385, 6245615, 8187121, 6248386, 4018315, 8184342

• Options
    mattnissmattniss Posts: 618 ✭✭✭✭

Freshly acquired! Holder in great shape. Cert not in census: 8187976

PCGS 1880-S MS66 Doily

• Options

That was the one sold from Twery's wasn't it? Gorgeous looking coin!

• Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2024 12:18PM

Someone not belonging to this forum asked that I add these to the thread-

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• Options

In a Stacks auction email.
    Kind of interesting - there is another 1925 in the list with a cert number one less (a ms63). Submitted together and still around.

• Options

3 new ones sold on the bay
    B)

• Options

• Options
    howephowep Posts: 46 ✭✭✭

1886 Morgan Doily MS 65. In census, but now with CAC sticker

1886.jpg 491.9K

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file