Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1928 Peace Dollar Looking for a little direction

I have this 1928 peace dollar not graded but I see that a grade of "Poor 1" should be granted to this coin. Presently a 1928-D dollar is listed on E Bay in Poor 1 condition mine is better then that meaning ( less detail ) and he is asking $900 + for the coin. I am thinking of posting it on the Buy and Sell but kind of trying to find a fair price. If someone is trying to put together a low ball peace dollar set this is the coin for them... I want to ask $1400 and will take best offer the coin does not have any issues or problems just honest wear. I would offer a full return it the coin does not slab.. What do you think a fair price may be .. I had another dealer tell me I should list it for $$2500 but I think that is out of the ballpark... Any low ball collectors want to comment .. Tks JIm

Comments

• Options
    HiBuckyHiBucky Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

One would need to see both sides of the coin. If it doesn't straight grade, it's not a poor 1.

Can you be sure it isn't a 28-S? If you can't be sure, it's not worth a premium, it's just a cull dollar.

• Options

• Options
    jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's nice!
    Can we see the Mexican coin from below? Very intriguing....

• Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭

I think you should send it in to get slabbed yourself before selling it.

• Options

I like the comments. I will send out to be graded and see what happens.. I had it sitting on my table for $100.00 when an9other dealer came to me and said that it could be worth a lot more money to a low ball collector... SO I pulled it and after a year I found it again .. I think sending it out could be the answer. It could be a waste of money but the upside verses the downside may warrant it .. Tks. Jim ..

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

You reference a 28-D dollar…….?????

• Options

I have the 1928 so I am hoping, the 1928-D is listed on E Bay and that is what I used as a comparison.

jim

• Options
    silviosisilviosi Posts: 456 ✭✭✭

I agree with Crypto. IMHO this it is just a cull coin woth what silver is. P1 and P2 is hard to distinct, and then have that collector who do this kind of collection. I know one but will not take if it is not graded. I will risk all the fees and then comeback P3 or P4? No.

Due to the times we live on false media about this hobby, those pseudo-collectors look just for fast big money. Damage is happened as is.

NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT.FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL.THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE. MARK TWAIN

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe if you wanted to sell it consider sending it to great collections, they can have it graded if indicated.

LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I see a S, are those pits on the reverse?
    Value is dependent on straight grade and nice looks, many get details for .... scratch, corrosion, edge damage, cleaned ....

If you have a 28-D, you probably could get $25K if from mint

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like there is an S there. ;)

• Options
    silviosisilviosi Posts: 456 ✭✭✭

Do you can see the S with an 10X magnifier???

NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT.FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL.THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE. MARK TWAIN

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HiBucky said:
    I have the 1928 so I am hoping, the 1928-D is listed on E Bay and that is what I used as a comparison.

jim

Uhhhhhhh....... They didn't make a 1928-D Peace dollar. Don't bother wasting your money grading this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file