Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What are your collecting goals for 2024?

VetterVetter Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine will be updating my problem coins (cleaned, environmental damaged) to problem free as well as adding to my key date collection (that’s all I collect) No common coins for me even in high grade.

Members I have done business with:
Silverman68, jfoot13, GAB, ricman, Smittys, scrapman1077, RyGuy, Connecticoin, Meltdown, VikingDude, Peaceman, Patches and more.

Comments

• Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭✭✭

Continue to buy what attracts me, that also have attractive prices, within my budget. :)

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

In 2024, I will only spend $xxx if I can sell $xxx of my current holdings. In other words, if I buy something, something of equal value must go.
    (At least that is the plan)

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

The coins are not as important as the friends I meet along the way!

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options

My goal is to first enjoy the time with my 7 yr. old daughter doing her Lincoln Whitman, and my 11 yr. old son doing his Washington Whitman. Hoping to add a few Morgans, and finally be astute enough to pick up a few coins for grading myself.

• Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,434 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same as last year. Find a 1795 Flowing Hair Dollar in AU 50 - 55 which is properly graded and priced at what my Heritage rep thinks is reasonable. Have been saying this for 8 years plus.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    124Spider124Spider Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have fun. Stay solvent. A few upgrades. And maybe get a 1916 SLQ in the second half of the year (having shot my budget for the first half already; such an acquisition is not likely, but a man can dream). Failing the SLQ, a few (very few) interesting coins that intrigue me.

• Options

Upgrading my 1934s and 1935s Peace dollars to MS63, obtaining the last three CC Morgans, and somehow trying to
    lean out my overall collection. The last goal is the toughest.

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coming over to here from the card world. Hope to understand this complicated world is my new goal.

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some upgrades to my 7070, Barber Half Set, IKE Set, and complete my 1 Ounce Silver Libertad Set (priority)

• Options
    124Spider124Spider Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭✭

@handyman said:
    Coming over to here from the card world. Hope to understand this complicated world is my new goal.

The bad news is that it's a long learning curve. The good news is that it's a long learning curve.

:)

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

Upgrade my Jefferson and Kennedy set to ms66 minimum. They're close. The Washington qtr set, from 1940 to 64, working on ms66. The 30's, upgrade but ms66 not gonna happen.

• Options
    ElectricityElectricity Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

Finish my Quarter Eagle Indian Collection, I am missing the 11d which I have a feeling I will be getting in the next month… Will Post Pictures of the Set in the near future. After that I will be working on completing the set in CAC stickers, only a few to go

• Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

My goal is to add a gold liberty double eagle to my pre 1933 gold type set and/or a gold aureus. The latter is more challenging.

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sell double the value that I buy. Continue to trim the herd.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    Farmer1961Farmer1961 Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

I collect a variety so it will turn my box of 20 into a box of a hundred or more. Last coin I picked up was a vf 1834 crosslet 4 half eagle from northeast numismatics.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file