Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ultrabreaks 3 drops December 8th - SOLD OUT

jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 8, 2023 10:55AM in U.S. Coin Forum

You can sign up now for email notification.

Reverse Proof Morgan and Peace dollars in 70... with scarce and rare plastic around them!!

Comments

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

your promoting this is shameless

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ctf_error_coins said:

Lanza posts a bit of parody.

• Options

@Fraz said:

@ctf_error_coins said:

Exactly.

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yawn.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ctf_error_coins said:

*You're.

peacockcoins

• Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:

@ctf_error_coins said:

*You're.

Actually, no. "Your" is correct in this instance. When correcting someone else, it's kind of important to be correct "your"self. 😂

• Options

@ctf_error_coins said:

"You're shamelessly promoting this."

peacockcoins

• Options

@braddick said:

@ctf_error_coins said:

"You're shamelessly promoting this."

Better! 😀

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:
    ^
    At least we're not talking about this Ultrabreaks crap!

Hey...are YOU trying to tell us how to have FUN?!

😆 I couldn't resist

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fraz said:

@ctf_error_coins said:

Sorry but I believe it's lanz AF?
    🤔

• Options

@NJCoin said:

@braddick said:
    ^

It really is kind of crazy that people ascribe a value to a label on a slab that has nothing at all to do with the coin in the slab. Nothing at all. UltraBreaks are truly quintessential tulip bulbs, and it is incomprehensible that any serious numismatist would have any interest at all in them.

Good point, but what do I know?
    I collected (and sold) Beanie Babies from 1996 to about 1999 (when the market crashed).
    That was back in eBay's infancy and all I had was a WebTV and a scanner.
    Between Pez Dispensers and Beanie Babies eBay was the go-to market place.
    That was also when you could literally buy a Beanie on eBay and by the time it was shipped and arrived it had gained 20% in value (or more).
    Perhaps this will also happen to the Ultrabreaks before the market crash?

peacockcoins

• Options

@jayPem said:

@Fraz said:

@ctf_error_coins said:

🤔

Lol

Lanza-FAME

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Heather please consider this a formal request to create a gamblers subforum and banish both VaultBox and UltraBreaks and the next seventeen imitators to it.
    Thanks!

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options

@BStrauss3 said:
    please consider this a formal request to create a gamblers subforum and banish both VaultBox and UltraBreaks and the next seventeen imitators to it.
    Thanks!

If we tag Heather with enough nuisance requests maybe they'll just shut down the entire forum.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@jayPem said:

@Fraz said:

@ctf_error_coins said:

🤔

Lol

Lanza-FAME

Hungry spear? Spear hunger?

• Options

@Fraz said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@jayPem said:

@Fraz said:

@ctf_error_coins said:

🤔

Lol

Lanza-FAME

Hungry spear? Spear hunger?

That is what I've always assumed. My ancestors were either great hunters or big eaters.

• Options
    edited November 25, 2023 1:04PM

@jmlanzaf wrote:

That is what I've always assumed. My ancestors were either great hunters or big eaters.

Or bellicose?

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

.> @BStrauss3 said:

@Heather please consider this a formal request to create a gamblers subforum and banish both VaultBox and UltraBreaks and the next seventeen imitators to it.
    Thanks!

Strauss, Strauss, Strauss...a PM would have sufficed. Seems like you are shamelessly promoting your own opinion!🤣😂

Interesting how you are complaining about a PCGS graded product being discussed on a PCGS forum.🤔

• Options
    UpGrayeddUpGrayedd Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    And VB is adding to the "rare plastic" party:

I don't hate VaultBox, I even bought Series 1, but those look ridiculous IMHO. With that said if someone else likes them and wants to collect all the colors who am I to judge.

Philippians 4:4-7

• Options

@UpGrayedd said:

@jmlanzaf said:

>

I don't hate VaultBox, I even bought Series 1, but those look ridiculous IMHO. With that said if someone else likes them and wants to collect all the colors who am I to judge.

I'm not a plastic collector so I don't have any interest. But it is the game Ultrabreaks is playing. Assuming they did their market research, it makes one wonder if there is a large market.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@jmlanzaf said:

>

I'm not a plastic collector so I don't have any interest. But it is the game Ultrabreaks is playing. Assuming they did their market research, it makes one wonder if there is a large market.

I actually do collect plastic, but special labels and different colors don't really do it for me. However, like you said someone must be buying them, and if they are having fun doing it more power to them.

• Options

@UpGrayedd said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@UpGrayedd said:

@jmlanzaf said:

>

I actually do collect plastic, but special labels and different colors don't really do it for me. However, like you said someone must be buying them, and if they are having fun doing it more power to them.

Agree.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

VB, partnering up with Crayola, will be offering up 64 colors soon, collect them all if you can! Coins included will be less than perfect, but the colors will be astounding!!! :D:D:D

• Options
    edited November 25, 2023 4:03PM

@braddick said:

@NJCoin said:

@braddick said:
    ^

It really is kind of crazy that people ascribe a value to a label on a slab that has nothing at all to do with the coin in the slab. Nothing at all. UltraBreaks are truly quintessential tulip bulbs, and it is incomprehensible that any serious numismatist would have any interest at all in them.

Good point, but what do I know?
    I collected (and sold) Beanie Babies from 1996 to about 1999 (when the market crashed).
    That was back in eBay's infancy and all I had was a WebTV and a scanner.
    Between Pez Dispensers and Beanie Babies eBay was the go-to market place.
    That was also when you could literally buy a Beanie on eBay and by the time it was shipped and arrived it had gained 20% in value (or more).
    Perhaps this will also happen to the Ultrabreaks before the market crash?

I hear you. I can actually understand Beanie Babies and Pez Dispensers because, even though they were artificially rare collectibles, they stood on their own.

The analogue here would be just printing the labels and marketing them to label collectors. Attaching them to coins that also have a value, separate and distinct from artificially rare labels that have nothing to do with the coins, and then marketing the package to collectors of the coins, just boggles my mind. If nothing else, it demonstrates my utter lack of imagination.

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1873 proof set seems cool.

• Options

@Manifest_Destiny said:

Wrong thread! 🤣

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jayPem said:

@Fraz said:

@ctf_error_coins said:

🤔

For a moment I thought Mario Lanza was in the house.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    jeffas1974jeffas1974 Posts: 344 ✭✭✭

@NJCoin said:

@braddick said:
    ^

Why is collecting a label necessarily silly?

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/market-analysis-found-in-a-big-green-pcgs-holder

• Options

@jeffas1974 said:

@NJCoin said:

@braddick said:
    ^

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/market-analysis-found-in-a-big-green-pcgs-holder

It's not. All collectibles are either silly or not silly, including the 17th tulip bulb craze.

Bubbles can form in any market including the stock market, the housing market, and the gold market. And they have formed and popped in all of those markets.

The current behavior of coins and labels looks nothing like a bubble. There has been no exponential rise or mania. For years, people have had label preferences like first strike flags. The premiums for such things are generally modest.

Anyone on this forum who criticizes what other people collect is simply a narcissist or a troll. Every coin collector spends money on items that non-collectors would consider irrational.

• Options

@NJCoin said:

@Manifest_Destiny said:

Wrong thread! 🤣

I thought I was in the Vaultbox thread there for a second. :p

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could it be that Vaultbox Freddie was a jmanzalaf alt all along? 🤣

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    .> @BStrauss3 said:

Thanks!

Strauss, Strauss, Strauss...a PM would have sufficed. Seems like you are shamelessly promoting your own opinion!🤣😂

Interesting how you are complaining about a PCGS graded product being discussed on a PCGS forum.🤔

PCGS?

• Options
    knovak1976knovak1976 Posts: 239 ✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    VB, partnering up with Crayola, will be offering up 64 colors soon, collect them all if you can! Coins included will be less than perfect, but the colors will be astounding!!! :D:D:D

Word on the street is they are putting a bonus Big Chief tablet and one of those drumstick size pencils in a few very select boxes! See if you can collect a pair of them! 🤪😂

• Options
    edited November 26, 2023 8:39AM

@Coinscratch said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    .> @BStrauss3 said:

Thanks!

PCGS?

Yeah. UltraBreaks are graded by our hosts. Unlike VB, though, the lottery is for nothing more than a label, since the coins are all basically the same, and are all of a relatively nominal value, as compared to the value of the box.

As a result, it really IS a lot more transparent than VB, since people know exactly what they are getting, at least in terms of the coins. They are chasing artificially scarce labels that have no value at all beyond what the tiny population of label collectors ascribe to them.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2023 9:35AM

@NJCoin I found and had graded around 24 W quarters and they're labeled Early Finds because they were found within the time period allowed. I don't believe there will be any added value unless you have 1st Week or 1st Discovery.

edit: could be their values will be roughly the same aside for a few.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,068 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

Buy the coin not the holder, I mean label, I mean core color. :#

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:

@jmlanzaf said:

This concept is definitely a ripoff of sports cards. Some brands have different color borders for certain cards, each border color is 1/1, 1/25, 1/100 etc so you can collect a rainbow of the same card with varying degrees of rarity.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options

@Coinscratch said:
    @NJCoin I found and had graded around 24 W quarters and they're labeled Early Finds because they were found within the time period allowed. I don't believe there will be any added value unless you have 1st Week or 1st Discovery.

edit: could be their values will be roughly the same aside for a few.

Maybe, maybe not. But at least the label has something to do with the coin. This is not the case with UltraBreaks.

• Options
    edited November 26, 2023 11:00AM

@3stars said:

@JBK said:

@jmlanzaf said:

This concept is definitely a ripoff of sports cards. Some brands have different color borders for certain cards, each border color is 1/1, 1/25, 1/100 etc so you can collect a rainbow of the same card with varying degrees of rarity.

Yes. But even then, the company is manufacturing the actual card being collected. The equivalent here would be holders with cores and labels, but no coins. And then we wouldn't be talking about it here. Which is probably as it should be with these products!

• Options
    JeffersonFrogJeffersonFrog Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinscratch said:
    PCGS?

@BStrauss3 said:
    Thanks!

I really don't know much about UltraBreaks or Vault Box, but it looks to me like PCGS has already given its full support to UltraBreaks. Our hosts whose slabs we love and who are so kind to provide these Boards [for free], have decided on a new line of numismatic marketing, and we want them to ... what?

If we were all the same, the world would be an incredibly boring place.

Tommy

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@jeffas1974 said:

@NJCoin said:

@braddick said:
    ^

It's not. All collectibles are either silly or not silly, including the 17th tulip bulb craze.

Bubbles can form in any market including the stock market, the housing market, and the gold market. And they have formed and popped in all of those markets.

The current behavior of coins and labels looks nothing like a bubble. There has been no exponential rise or mania. For years, people have had label preferences like first strike flags. The premiums for such things are generally modest.

Anyone on this forum who criticizes what other people collect is simply a narcissist or a troll. Every coin collector spends money on items that non-collectors would consider irrational.

That last part should be the POTD, IMHO. However, it is actually quite comical the number of people that are too obtuse to see it though.

• Options

@Coinscratch said:

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    .> @BStrauss3 said:

Thanks!

PCGS?

Ultrabreaks has PCGS slabs

• Options

@UpGrayedd said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@jeffas1974 said:

@NJCoin said:

@braddick said:
    ^

That last part should be the POTD, IMHO. However, it is actually quite comical the number of people that are too obtuse to see it though.

Because everyone thinks they are rational at all times. And nuance is dead. People want binary good/bad, rational/irrational outcomes. The idea that two people can rationally arrive at different conclusions has disappeared. Look at politics.

• Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭✭✭

You do not like them. So you say. Try them! Try them! And you may!

• Options

Reminder for those that care:

2023 Morgan Or Peace Dollar PCGS Reverse PR70 UltraBreaks Pack for sale today at 12 pm Eastern time.

https://ultrabreaks.com/products/2023-morgan-or-peace-dollar-pcgs-reverse-pr70-ultrabreaks-pack

• Options

• Options

Careful! The mods don't like us talking about VB!😂🤣

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file