Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Boo! It's Time to Share your October Acquisitions. Hopefully, more Treats than Tricks...

13»

Comments

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow that Clemente has amazing corners. Great pick-up.

• Options
    BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 962 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Billyk97 said:

Glad to have picked up this Clemente rookie for a solid price. Last heavy hitting rookie card I needed for the 55 topps set as I am slowly chipping away at.

Beautiful pick up.

• Options
    rugbymarinerugbymarine Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭

@stwainfan said:
    My second Willie Mays card.

Nice card! And good luck collecting Willie.

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

A couple of raw cards> @rugbymarine said:

@stwainfan said:
    My second Willie Mays card.

Nice card! And good luck collecting Willie.

Thanks.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stwainfan said:
    This guy is hot right now.

Garcia certainly deserves some hobby love. He already has as many career regular season walk-off homeruns as Trouty, and with his walkoff homerun in Game 1, Garcia already has more career postseason walk-off homeruns than Trouty ever will have.

Great card!

Even Trouty agrees!

• Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice 57 Willard Schmidt. Card looks beyond pack fresh and 3-D.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    Been looking for one of these for YEARS!

Awesome pickup, Joe!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

@JoeBanzai said:
    Been looking for one of these for YEARS!

Awesome pickup, Joe!

Thanks!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice '56 Robinson!

• Options

Thank you. Was super happy about it. Spent a couple of hours scanning everything at the floor of a show and it was in the last row I hit. Then the light bulb went off. This is the one! This card and I are supposed to be together. 😄

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭

@Browns1981 said:
    Yes, the Winners cards were a sendin reward from a scratch off card in packs. You could see the correct scratch off bubbles if you held the card up to a light, so the winners cards aren’t rare or important really. Golds were in packs and factory sets and have a much smaller print run (but still a ton).

As a matter of fact they added the "Winner *" label so as not to overwhelm the supply of regular gold cards...as a kinda sort of work around to the "cheat cards".

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Estil said:

@Browns1981 said:
    Yes, the Winners cards were a sendin reward from a scratch off card in packs. You could see the correct scratch off bubbles if you held the card up to a light, so the winners cards aren’t rare or important really. Golds were in packs and factory sets and have a much smaller print run (but still a ton).

As a matter of fact they added the "Winner *" label so as not to overwhelm the supply of regular gold cards...as a kinda sort of work around to the "cheat cards".

The coating was not thick enough. One could see through the coating with a bright light/flashlight to see the right answers. Some enterprising individuals even used a lighted microscope. Some early scratch off lottery tickets in some states had the same problem. The tickets now are at least double coated.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    pdoidoipdoidoi Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

It is no longer October.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pdoidoi said:
    It is no longer October.

Easy, Tiger. Nobody has posted any November pickups in this thread. Just continuing a conversation.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox