Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2023 women quarter, PDS roll set, Maria Tallchief, release today 10/23

Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Release coming up in about an hour and a half. No discussions, seems that this has really died off. Subscriptions have really killed the morning talk too. I have a couple boxes coming by subscription. Anyone else here still buying these?

Comments

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

i bought 3 sets via subscription only because i have a buyer for them. did the subscription on these even sell out?

• Options
    Klif50Klif50 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭

I have 2 of the 3 roll sets coming via subscription. If I wasn't getting these for my grand daughter to show her women can be celebrated for their achievements I wouldn't bother with them

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not here, but the design is nice.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,457 ✭✭✭✭✭

the subs button was dark for a while, but it eventually opened up and has been open for quite a while.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

The subscription process sure has quieted the ordering process. Those that want them have them. No real anticipation and excitement anymore. We'll see if these are still available through tomorrow when the HHL is lifted. If I recall correctly, that is when the sell out happened with the last issue..

• Options

Anyone notice that they oversold Roosevelt by 54 sets?

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just purchased a set a few minutes ago.
    Order was confirmed.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get one 3 roll set subscription to get the S-mints. Most of these will end up being given away to Scouts or other charity type events. With mintages of 500,000 plus, not much to mess with here except fun value.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the design as well. I'm not into rolls this time around (giving it a rest)

• Options
    Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭✭

3 roll PDS sets still available as of 1:20PM PDT

• Options

They are still available. Lets see if they last beyond the removal of the HHL.

I don't know why but it seems to be a pattern I have seen over the years. My one set subscribed under my old well established account has the order still processing. My one set on my newer friends and family account shipped yesterday morning. If the pattern follows through, I won't get the set from my old account till about a week after I get the set from my new account. This delay has always been frustrating to me...

• Options

My order shipped today 10/24.

• Options

HHL was removed yesterday and these are still available today. I would say that demand has definitely faded away for these. They were hot last year with a lower mintage. Turned lukewarm this spring with the increased mintage. Now faded down to cool.

• Options

50 PDS left

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    WALLEWALLE Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    50 PDS left

How did you find that amount, did they change it again? I put in stocklevel that didn't work, tried the old data-available no luck with that either. Thanks

• Options

i have 99 in my cart

gone dark now

• Options

It seems that unless the mint cuts the mintage of the PDS rolls back to 2022 levels, the interest in these sets is going to fall significantly. I know I won't be interested at current mintage levels.

• Options

5 days to go dark... the trend is obvious. I agree with others, with the current mintages I will probably reduce my subscription to one or drop it all together. 500,000 mintage is not scarce enough to get excited about. It would be different if I could buy a couple S rolls at $20 each. But having to buy the P&D rolls with them at that price makes this a bit more expensive than I like.

• Options

The set from a newer account arrived last week. The set from my older long established account... still trying to get here. I have seen this trend between these two accounts for a couple years now. Might be time to ditch that old account and make another newer one.

Looks like the sales are about done for these, not many left.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Batman23 said:
    The subscription process sure has quieted the ordering process. Those that want them have them. No real anticipation and excitement anymore. We'll see if these are still available through tomorrow when the HHL is lifted. If I recall correctly, that is when the sell out happened with the last issue..

Couldn't agree more...the thrill of getting through, getting one in the bag, and posting your successful order # has disappeared...replaced by the convenience of subscribing and sitting back & forgetting about it. Not many people even check the release schedule anymore. You even got about a dozen comments in a week and a half. Yes, very convenient...and a surefire way to order. Exciting, not so much.

• Options

it's red again

• Options

last cumul sales report from 11/5 ??

is this typical now?

• Options
    Manifest_DestinyManifest_Destiny Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haven't seen one in circulation yet. Best women's quarter so far I think.

• Options
    WCCWCC Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never understood buying rolls, bags or boxes of any circulating coin at a premium, except to CRH.

My inference is that it's mostly bought for speculation but don't see any of it as having any future meaningful financial potential. All of it is far too common for any realistic increase in collector preference.

• Options

the S mint coins are not circulating quarters

• Options
    WCCWCC Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    the S mint coins are not circulating quarters

Fair enough, but then virtually 100% (or a very high percentage) should be saved by someone indefinitely.

I doubt there are anywhere near 500,000 collectors now or later who will want these coins at noticeably proportional higher prices, except for the same reasons for US coinage generically: errors, die varieties, toned coins, and the TPG label.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file