Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

An old order from the Mint, box is still closed….how do I tell what’s in it?

Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone?

Comments

• Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you order it? If so, try searching the order number in your email provider.

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• Options

@P0CKETCHANGE said:

If I knew the order number, I could find it in my order history. I tried to search my mailbox to find an email that had tracking number, no go. I tried putting the tracking number into USPS to no avail.

• Options

I am trying to not open the box in case I want to have it as First Strike…or not.

• Options
    P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Herb_T said:

@P0CKETCHANGE said:

If I knew the order number, I could find it in my order history. I tried to search my mailbox to find an email that had tracking number, no go. I tried putting the tracking number into USPS to no avail.

There’s a number that says “Order #” on the screenshot you posted.

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• Options

@P0CKETCHANGE said:

@Herb_T said:

@P0CKETCHANGE said:

Yup, except there are no orders in my order list that start with a 2….none.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could you contact the mint with the order # and your contact information? Or the processing department.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭✭

The postmark date would narrow it down somewhat.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2023 5:27PM

@Herb_T said:

@P0CKETCHANGE said:

@Herb_T said:

@P0CKETCHANGE said:

Yup, except there are no orders in my order list that start with a 2….none.

Somewhere on that box is going to be a date when it was shipped and/or delivered. You can try to map that to something in your order history. If that doesn't work, as others have suggested, you can call the Mint and see if they can help, either with the date or with the order # starting with the 2. And, if that doesn't work, then you are SOL, since, if you don't have records and the Mint doesn't have records, you are never going to get to someone in a fulfillment center with records.

• Options

@oih82w8 said:

Nope…no dates….

• Options

F.I.

Time to open the box….

• Options

3 - 2023 Silver Proof Eagle….they have been there since March! Lmfao!

• Options
    MoldnutMoldnut Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭✭

Derek

EAC 6024
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    ModwriterModwriter Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

Isn't the first day of strike reserved for dealers only?

• Options

get on a flight with it and covertly get a pic as it goes through the TSA x-ray?

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:

You would think, but no. Mike Kittle just posted a video opening a box clearly dated 1981 and it had five 1976 3-coin silver sets.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Modwriter said:
    Isn't the first day of strike reserved for dealers only?

OP was concerned with 'First Strike', not 'First Day of Issue'.

'First Strike' rules.
    'First Day of Issue' rules.

'FS' is available to 'collectors club' members; 'FDOI' is only for "bulk submitters".

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,449 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BStrauss3 said:

@oih82w8 said:

You would think, but no. Mike Kittle just posted a video opening a box clearly dated 1981 and it had five 1976 3-coin silver sets.

The Mint over-produced the Bicentennial set and was still selling them long after the Bicentennial was over. Anyone know when the mint finally stopped selling them?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    BikergeekBikergeek Posts: 214 ✭✭✭✭

New website: Groovycoins.com Capped Bust Half Dime registry set: Bikergeek CBHD LM Set

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@BStrauss3 said:

@oih82w8 said:

The Mint over-produced the Bicentennial set and was still selling them long after the Bicentennial was over. Anyone know when the mint finally stopped selling them?

If I recall correctly their last appearance in the Mint catalog was in 1982.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file