Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Van Nuys, Ca Coin Show September 24th weekend

I will be setting up at this show and displaying the 1051 oz New York Assay silver bar along w/ other cool numismatics! If ever you are around town please stop by and say hello! There are many great dealers set up on the bourse and I will take some photos for the report. Won't be attending Long Beach however this small 400+ person a day show is a good place to find some amazing items!

Van Nuys Masonic Hall
14750 Sherman Way
Van Nuys, CA 91405

Show is Hosted by Richard Murchanian
$4 for Adults $3 kids

Comments

• Options
    bob48bob48 Posts: 453 ✭✭✭

I think I will be there. It is a local show for me.

Bob

• Options
    nexlevelnmxnexlevelnmx Posts: 335 ✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2023 6:47PM

Anyone want to help carry my 1051 oz? Gonna be a heavy bar from the Assay office ! It is like a huge concrete slab ! Gonna be in Van nuys

• Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

Almost 72 pounds (avoir.) of silver! Need a hand truck to move it around. Let's see a picture of this beast.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options

I am referencing this thread lol (this kinda got steam)

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1091373/i-love-this-should-i-show-to-long-beach#latest

Pics are in there

• Options
    edited September 13, 2023 1:12AM

Going to be a heck of a show!!!!

Dont forget to bring some goodies to sell!

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I was going to the show I think it would be cool to see that 1000oz Silver Bar from the New York Assay Office circa 1955.

Yall have a good time!!

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

Thanks you can, I can show you photos from the show!

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2023 4:33AM

This heavy silver bar reminds me of a recent situation. I was looking out my window, and saw the FedEx driver struggling with a very heavy package on his hand truck. He delivers this 30 pound box to me. I see it’s from my daughter. Once inside, I open it up, and it’s a cinder block. I call up my daughter and say this must have cost her a fortune to ship. Why did she ship me this cinder block?

She said, “Dad, just put it on the side of the family room, and walk around it twice every day!” I asked, “Why should I do that?” She said, “So when I call you, you can tell me you walked twice around the block today!”

Steve 😂

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options

Hahaha, this Sunday come see it

• Options

This is a great show and one of the busiest in the area!

• Options
    edited September 19, 2023 9:14PM

Going to be a great Fun show.... lots of dealers and show is totally full ... cya all there!

• Options

Counting the days and very happy to show off some great things.

• Options

@winesteven said:
    This heavy silver bar reminds me of a recent situation. I was looking out my window, and saw the FedEx driver struggling with a very heavy package on his hand truck. He delivers this 30 pound box to me. I see it’s from my daughter. Once inside, I open it up, and it’s a cinder block. I call up my daughter and say this must have cost her a fortune to ship. Why did she ship me this cinder block?

She said, “Dad, just put it on the side of the family room, and walk around it twice every day!” I asked, “Why should I do that?” She said, “So when I call you, you can tell me you walked twice around the block today!”

Steve 😂

LOL!!

• Options
    edited September 20, 2023 3:49PM

Good one!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file