Home U.S. Coin Forum

I have never seen one of these graded - VDDR-001 on Variety Vista

KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 4, 2023 7:07PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Listed on Variety Vista as the VDDR-001
The "Doubled Earring".

I had a stash of beautful fresh P Maya rolls and decided to open a few earlier this year...
Pulled about ten of these out of one of the rolls and posted about it here in this forum.

Did a bunch of searching and couldn't find a single graded example anywhere!

When I realized I couldn't find any graded examples I decided to send a few nice ones off.
Went and picked them up today :smiley: Was so excited I took a few pics still sitting in my car outside the coin shop lol.

There's no way I'm the first to get some of these graded... right?!!
Would PCGS recognize this variety? I have a couple even nicer ones I'd like to send off.

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

Comments

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,502 ✭✭✭✭✭

If a variety sells for less than the submission price, they tend not to get submitted.

• KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    If a variety sells for less than the submission price, they tend not to get submitted.

I had coupons :smiley:
    Also I wanted them :blush:
    Also...don't have the slightest idea what they'd sell for, I couldn't find a single graded example.

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

edited August 5, 2023 6:40AM

@OAKSTAR said:

Sweet!
    I'm really curious if our host would recognize this variety.
    I'd be willing to send in of a couple of the even nicer condition ones just because :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,502 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu said:

@jmlanzaf said:

I had coupons :smiley:
    Also I wanted them :blush:
    Also...don't have the slightest idea what they'd sell for, I couldn't find a single graded example.

I don't know either. But my point was that it is possible that no one else has submitted any

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 5, 2023 8:04AM

None currently listed in the PCGS 'pop report'.

Source: https://www.pcgs.com/pop/detail/american-women-quarters-2022-2025/203668

Do not see "Variety Vista" on the "PCGS Variety Program" webpage.

Might want to contact PCGS CS directly, and inquire.

Edited to add: Nothing currently listed in the NGC census either.

Source: https://www.ngccoin.com/census/united-states/quarters/260/varieties/828751/

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭

In also looked on NGC's Variety Plus. Nothing there either.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• fox9487fox9487 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭

To bad OP did not send best example out first to whoever took over for Wexler or one of the other variety sites to have confirmed as first and then be able to have the "discovery coin" designation on the label. Does it add much or any value, I do not know as I have never offered any of mine for sale. But it is nice to have just because.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

Soooo if I sell the MS65 I'll start the bidding at $3 :blush:
    And try and hype up the fact that only 3 are known to be authenticated :smiley:

Coins are Neato!

edited August 5, 2023 9:31PM

@Kurisu said:
    Soooo if I sell the MS65 I'll start the bidding at $3 :blush:
    And try and hype up the fact that only 3 are known to be authenticated :smiley:

You're probably not going to sell them. But if you did, you would definitely take a screen shot of that ANACS pop report and show that in your listing as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file