Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Current grading service shipping options?

logger7logger7 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recently did a submission with NGC and had it come back FedEx corporate account, 2day. $39 or so with the discount, big box enough for 100 coins. Usps discontinued their corporate account express. NGC had announced that if a submitter still wanted to use usps corporate they could provide a return label and they would accommodate. Then I was told today they cancelled that out, that Fed Ex is the main option unless you have a po box. Orders even in the multi-thousand on NGC's account are now $28 with FedEx ground. "One size fits all". I'm checking to see if this is the way PCGS is also doing it?

Comments

• Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

My PCGS submissions via USPS to my POB.

Track then get there asap pick it up.

I use USPS for all my purchases / shipments.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • Options

I've heard that FedEx is more of a theft risk. This today from Numismatic Crime:

INVESTIGATING AGENCY: Maitland, FL PD

INCIDENT LOCATION: TRANSIT AZ-FL

DATE OCCURRED: 7/10/23

REPORT NUMBER: 202342000758

A FedEx package shipped Priority overnight with signature confirmation from

Arizona to Maitland, Florida has been reported lost/stolen. The package was part

of a three-package shipment. Two packages were correctly delivered and signed

by the recipient. The missing package was marked as delivered but not received

at the delivery location and the signature was marked as “electronic signature

release on file”. The delivery location checked security cameras and no FedEx

delivery was made on that day.

The package contained the following coins:

260- silver Spanish Colonial bust 8 reales, mostly of Charles III and Charles IV,

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

USPS has been my choice... Both shipping and receiving. I have used FedEx, when a buyer sent me prepaid labels, and there was no problems. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Some good news on my prior post, the package was found, this from Doug Davis:

UPDATE************* Package has been recovered-Misdelivered*********

A FedEx package shipped Priority overnight with signature confirmation from

Arizona to Maitland, Florida has been reported lost/stolen. The package was part

of a three-package shipment. Two packages were correctly delivered and signed

by the recipient. The missing package was marked as delivered but not received

at the delivery location and the signature was marked as “electronic signature

release on file”. The delivery location checked security cameras and no FedEx

delivery was made on that day.

The package contained the following coins:

260- silver Spanish Colonial bust 8 reales, mostly of Charles III and Charles IV, most with surface debris or heavy cleaning, in plastic flips in plastic binder pages with tape around edges.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file