Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone Hear from @Justacommeman?

winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 25, 2022 4:13AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I saw an old thread pop up on page 2 of this forum that had been started by @Justacommeman a long time ago, and realized I hadn’t seen any replies or posts from him in quite awhile. Sure enough, I looked at his profile, and he hasn’t been active in six months. I messaged him yesterday, but unfortunately no reply. I’m concerned.

Does anyone know him personally, and if so, I hope he’s ok 😢. I seem to recall he lives in California.

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't spoken to him in a bit, but he and I know many of the same circle of folks. Therefore, if something bad happened I would hope that I'd find out sooner rather than later. Thus far, I have not heard anything.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was likewise concerned and pvt messaged him just a few days ago as well.
    Haven’t heard back. Hopefully he’s ok and moving in other interests.

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 803 ✭✭✭✭

I have noticed Mark has not posted in quite a while. We had PM’D a few times and had some areas common to living. He is a heck of a nice guy and I always enjoyed reading his posts as well. I hope he returns, at least to say hello.

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he travels for work, so maybe the shoe biz is keeping him busy.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

He last posted on May 28 so he's been away for almost 6 months.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    willywilly Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 7, 2023 12:25PM

TTT I miss Marks commentary hope all is well

• Options

@willy said:
    TTT Miss Marks commentary hope all is well

What??????

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    willywilly Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭✭

@winesteven am I missing something I saw this old post from you and looked and he still has not been around for over a year. Am I mistaken Sorry for any confusion

• Options

@willy said:
    @winesteven am I missing something I saw this old post from you and looked and he still has not been around for over a year. Am I mistaken Sorry for any confusion

No apologies necessary, I appreciate you trying to help. I got confused with the “Miss Marks”. I think you’re hoping that the lady in his life might see it.

I hope she does.

Thanks.

Steve

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@winesteven said:

@willy said:

No apologies necessary, I appreciate you trying to help. I got confused with the “Miss Marks”. I think you’re hoping that the lady in his life might see it.

I hope she does.

Thanks.

Steve

My interpretation of the comment by @willy (“TTT Miss Marks commentary hope all is well”) is:
    “I miss Mark’s commentary…”

And I miss Mark’s presence here, as well!

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options

“Oh, I see” said the blind man. I think you’re right!

Steve

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

@winesteven said: Oh, I see said the blind man......................

...................... to his deaf son as he walked his seeing eye dog through the park at night!!

That's the way I heard it!! :p Hopefully Mark is enjoying life in a leisurely fashion and chooses to rejoin us at some later date. He is one of the good guys.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MFeld said:

@winesteven said:

@willy said:

I hope she does.

Thanks.

Steve

My interpretation of the comment by @willy (“TTT Miss Marks commentary hope all is well”) is:
    “I miss Mark’s commentary…”

And I miss Mark’s presence here, as well!

Surely you jest!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

Listen, don't call me Shirley!! :p

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always liked his backgrounds for the coin photos he posted. They were as iconic as the coins themselves!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mark is definitely missed from this forum.

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options

Mark, it’s great to see you post! I’m glad you’re well and enjoying yourself.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hes back. Good news.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

I'm happy to see this thread end favorably. :)

Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back, Mark! Don't be a stranger!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

@winesteven said:
    “Oh, I see” said the blind man. I think you’re right!

Steve

I'll see said the blind carpenter as he picked up his hammer and saw.

• Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has Mark posted recently? In this thread? In another thread? I didn't see it. What am I missing?

• Options

@MidLifeCrisis said:
    Has Mark posted recently? In this thread? In another thread? I didn't see it. What am I missing?

Scroll up to the top. When the thread is marked as answered it gets stuck to the top of page 1 of the thread. He posted. :smile:

• Options
    edited June 15, 2023 2:13PM

@MidLifeCrisis said:

Yes, but his post appears out of order within this thread.
    He posted the following very early this morning:

“Man I can't believe it's been so long since Ive checked in. Thank you for the concern!

Life and other interests have just got in the way of this hobby. That and I'm beginning to learn to enjoy what I have rather than the thrill of the chase and acquisition.

Miss you guys and gals!

Love mark”

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sure glad he is alright. I too miss, Mark.
    Great news👌

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

@keyman64 said:

@MidLifeCrisis said:

Scroll up to the top. When the thread is marked as answered it gets stuck to the top of page 1 of the thread. He posted. :smile:

Ah, excellent! Thanks!

• Options

@MFeld said:
    Yes, but his post appears out of order within this thread.

Thanks!

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Man I can't believe it's been so long since Ive checked in. Thank you for the concern!

I'm happy to see your post Mark! All the best to you Sir!

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

A great forum member. I'm also glad to see him post, and I hope he checks back in soon.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file