Home Metal Detecting
Options

Different find

Found this yesterday and not 100% sure what it is on the back it says Bonneville humane society from what I can read. I live in Bonneville county Idaho

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like some sort of promotional token..... Let us know if you find out more detail. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

With that fleeted running shoe, it's probably a race medal. Soak it in mineral oil should bring up some better detail on the lettering on the rev. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

I agree. Race metal. Broken loop where the ribbon would have been. Winged shoe and stopwatch.

• Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

In fact, here it is on eBay.

• Options

@Dockwalliper... Great find... That is the one.. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lot’s of times Kids lose them off of their letter jackets at Cross Country or Track meets.

• Options

I know that I have a container full somewhere but these are my latest.

• Options

Medals must have been from larger schools or a more recent innovation. I was a track and cross country runner, undefeated in my last two years in High School (Half mile, 180 yard low hurdles and 2.5 mile cross country), and we never got medals... Usually just a write up in the local paper. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Time flies" medal

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

@ricko said:
    Medals must have been from larger schools or a more recent innovation. I was a track and cross country runner, undefeated in my last two years in High School (Half mile, 180 yard low hurdles and 2.5 mile cross country), and we never got medals... Usually just a write up in the local paper. Cheers, RickO

You sure had a different combination of events. Cross Country was 2 miles when I was in high school. Kids would say "You want us to run how far?'

• Options

@pocketpiececommems ... Yep... The half mile was run on a circular, quarter mile track (two laps)... and since I was also doing cross country (2.5 miles), the half was like a sprint for me.... Set the school record back then.... Cheers, RickO