Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1975 D Cent obverse over polished or nothing to see here?

I know that some over polished die errors can command high dollars, 3 legged Buffalo comes to mind, though I'm not implying this would do that, I just think it's cool, looks like his head is just floating above his shoulders, what are your thoughts? ,

Comments

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found a few of the 1974 D no neck Lincolns. ;)

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s interesting. It has a good nickname and some novelty factor that might appeal to some people.

Mr_Spud

• Options

Here is one of the 74 D's I found.

• Options

Looks like I have one from the same die as yours, look at the die scratch off the 9 and off the L of Liberty.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ringgy ... Nice find... Not sure of collector interest, but qualifies as over polished die... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also perhaps has a thinner planchet area? Note the loss of details on Lincoln's shoulder and the corresponding area on the reverse D STA of UNITED STATES?

----- kj
  • Options
    RinggyRinggy Posts: 52 ✭✭

Thanks everyone!

• Options
    IcollecteverythingIcollecteverything Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

I have found two 1983 cents which are similar to the ones shown here but maybe not quite as good. But I did find a really dramatic "floating head" or "no neck" nickel also dated 1983 and two other not quite as complete dated 82 and another 83, all from Philadelphia. You can see evidence of a hard die clash on the reverse which they tried to polish away.

Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.

• Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

Floating head variety!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file