Home U.S. Coin Forum

Fun little surprise package

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 19, 2023 3:54AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Friend Jason F in North Carolina sent me this semi-surprise package. I say “semi-surprise” because he did tell me he was sending something, but I forgot all about that and thus was totally surprised when it arrived. (Jason is a member here, but since we met in person and keep in touch via text chains, I don't remember his username.)

Inside was a funny little leather pouch with “His Lordship” on it in Old English font. If I remember correctly, Jason says this was found in a collection he had bought.

It’s just big enough for a slab, so the next time I’m carrying a new purchase in my pocket to put in the safe deposit box, it will travel in style!

There was also a nice monogram love token done on an 1861 Seated Liberty dime.

Thanks, Jason! :)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan ... Nice little surprise... and the coin is dated the first year of the Civil War. Cheers, RickO

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Formites sharing with formites and a very cool surprise. Sure shows that there’s cool stuff going on in the background. Thanks for sharing.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s cool, I’ll text him the thread. 👍

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

@asheland said:
    That’s cool, I’ll text him the thread. 👍

I already did, in our group text.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool, LM.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's nice to have a thoughtful friend.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool.
    Saint Patty's Day Friday had me thinking of me dear old Irish grandmother. I remember her observing a woman who was putting on airs and commenting to me under her breath "There goes his Lordship's Ladyship." :)

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice! Thanks for sharing. 👍🏻

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• JalexfosterJalexfoster Posts: 37 ✭✭✭

I felt sorry for his Lordship when I heard the story of his long lost love token… Tragic story BTW. Then I remembered that I had come across one amongst some Cull silver coins… presumably since it was holed. Maybe we’ll see it dangling from his iconic Top Hat someday 🤓

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jalexfoster said:
    I felt sorry for his Lordship when I heard the story of his long lost love token… Tragic story BTW. Then I remembered that I had come across one amongst some Cull silver coins… presumably since it was holed. Maybe we’ll see it dangling from his iconic Top Hat someday 🤓

Aha! THERE you are! I couldn't remember your username here. Thanks, man! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file