Home U.S. Coin Forum

"Disappointing" good fortune from the bank today

DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 18, 2023 10:38AM in U.S. Coin Forum

So I'm trying to hit a local bank or 2 every so often for rolled coins, desperately trying to catch up on our 2022 & 2023 needs to fill holes in our Whitman folders and stay current. But not having much success. Customer-rolled coins are usually older (and often grimy), and even bank-wrapped ones seem to be behind the times.

So I stopped by a bank this morning, and asked for bank-wrapped cents thru quarters. Got all that way except the pennies. Unfortunately, everything was a waste of time until I got to the quarters & saw the 2023-P Bessie Coleman reverse on 2 of the rolls. 1 is H/T and the other is T/T, so I'm assuming, based on the 2 H/H rolls I opened, that they are also all 2023-P Coleman.

So we went from needing just a couple more 2023-P Bessie Colemans to having 2 full rolls plus almost 80 additional extras. But NONE of the others from 2022 we need. I know several members have discussed how they haven't seen this issue out where they live just yet, so I got lucky, but at the same time, it sure would have been nice if just 1 of those rolls had been a nice mix of 2022-P's (We've given up on getting D's around here) ............ :(

Anyone from Denver-Mint areas looking to trade 2022-D singles for Philly-Mint 2022's & 2023's? I have a ton of Bessies now......

Comments

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭

Based on history, I'll definitely NEED that luck! :(

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

You got lucky.... Keep going back. The search can be frustrating at times, but then, just as happened to you... a treasure trove appears. Like the guys finding all those silver half dollars. Cheers, RickO

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2023 6:39AM

Lol,
    The 2023p mints, can have a recent treasure lurking inside?
    :D
    Check out my 2023p Bessie Coleman thread about the "Strike Through" I found (thus far, only one).
    I discovered the first one, the "Burning Airplane" error.
    I sold mine for $500!
    Good Luck
    ;)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • OwnerofawheatiehordeOwnerofawheatiehorde Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh wow, over in New York I’m just starting to see 2017 D’s. :#

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

That "Burning Airplane" reminds me of that Russian MIG(?) dumping its fuel on the U.S. drone............. I'll have to go back and check my new-found horde for similar. At $500 a pop, I'll be able to fill ALL our remaining collection holes!! :o;)

No "Burning Airplanes" among the ones I looked at, but I can swear I see a few with Chinese spy weather balloons lurking above the clouds!! What are THEY worth? ;)

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I just don't understand how disappointed you can be at face value. I mean unless the disappointment is having to wait another week to complete your set. Enjoy the journey.

Exactly right...... my disappointment is in the fact that I just can't seem to find the older ones & Denver Mints we need to catch back up with our collections...... Face is obviously great.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file