Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New cherrypicks.

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

1962, 1962 and 1963 proof halves, 1953 proof cent and a toned 1962 proof dime. All contained in OGP.

The halves and cent are frosty and mirrored. If submitted for grading to our host it is likely none of them would recieve a Cameo designation.

Comments

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW!
    What the heck, all halves are Cameo???
    Awesome dude!
    Some look DCAM too.
    Good for you.
    Nice picks
    B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII... While I respect your judgement on CAM coins... Those pictures sure look as if many of them would get the CAM designation - as opposed to your statement " it is likely none of them would recieve a Cameo designation." Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice ones.

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that cent..

• Options
    FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I concur that while the coins are exceptional, it is likely that none of them will garner a CAM at PCGS today.

Young Numismatist, Coin Photographer.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

My thought that none of the pictured coins would receive a Cameo designation is based upon the grading results for multiple proofs I submitted for grading in 2022.

Coins I thought were lock Cameos were not awarded the designation (even though they look better than some of the Cameo coins shown in Coinfacts).

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the most objective assessment from images it would be best to have the camera directly above the coin and then adjust the lights. Your images lead me to be the camera is at an angle which makes it hard to judge grade/designation.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file