Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Look what came in the mail today…

My type sets! Last night I scrounged up all my coins and… It’s kind of sad. A lot are cleaned, but at least the holes are filled! Hopefully I can get something good at a coin show today. :)

Type collector, mainly into Seated. Young Numismatist. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON

Comments

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2023 7:57AM

Nice job. I’ve been using the Littleton albums and they seem just fine. Good luck and a type set is alot of fun. I finished my 20 th century set and now I might give thought to upgrading or perhaps a new album and something different. I’m working my way thru the Roosie albums and just yesterday ordered the 78 p & d to complete pg 3. 😁. 46- 80 ( much thanks to @gumby1234 for help with the 46-64 part).
    Little inside info for you. If you need new clear slides, contact Littleton and ask. They sent me a complete replacement set, free.
    Good luck with the hunt. It’s a wonderful way to collect without too much pressure. If an example is what your seeking there’s more room to pick if higher quality is not necessary.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice album! Great looking set so far. I started the same way. I filled the holes with whatever I had, them slowly up graded over time.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

You got some work (fun work) ahead of you.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice albums and a good start. Be sure to post a show report for that coin show....and show any acquisitions you made. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file