Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Big thanks to JC Stevens of Cuds on Coins for new Die Break Error Variety Designations!

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 17, 2023 9:25PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Cuds on Coins is the premier source of designations for die break cud errors and JC Stevens just added new die break designations for 1973-S and 1972-S die breaks.

I'm still playing with my new camera set up and can better show cameo effect now, but still have more learning to do!

Big thanks to Mike @Byers for the the 72-S photos and @rmpsrpms for pointing me to JC's site!

More proof cuds can be added but from what I've seen the 73-S below is the largest die break cud for proof JFK halves so far!

Cuds-on-Coins.com: http://cuds-on-coins.com/kennedy-half-cuds-1964-present/

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins ... Those are major cuds/die breaks.... Thanks for the link. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @Zoins ... Those are major cuds/die breaks.... Thanks for the link. Cheers, RickO

They really are amazing! The 73-S is the largest proof cud I've seen so far. There are some competitive business strike cuds for size. An interesting thing about proof cuds as well is that there aren't very many of the coins given how they are produced.

It's great that JC is cataloging both business strikes and proofs. :+1:

• Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty cool!

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2023 11:00AM

Now that's the way to document coins!! Brilliant! 👍🏻 👍🏻

JC is a good guy and very helpful!! 👍🏻

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice coin.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file