Home U.S. Coin Forum

Time Traveler from 1965 landed in 2023 at the PCGS table at Long Beach

braddickbraddick Posts: 22,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

TMZ and The Onion have finally released this story, so it is claimed to be true.
A man, approximately 40 years old, "traveled" from 1965 and was instantly
plopped at the table of PCGS during this last Long Beach coin show. After staring around in amazement, he knew what he had to do.
The story continues that for this man to return to his home in 1965, he must submit all his pocket change
for grading. Once he has done so, and the results are in, he is/was allowed to return.
According to eyewitnesses- most of whom were sworn to secrecy- he, with the help of a fellow collector, filled out
the application and submitted the change he had been carrying in his pocket when he was zapped from 1965 to 2023.

The results are below.
Now personally, when I heard this story, I knew for a fact there was NO WAY this happened. Absolutely NO CHANCE!
Do you know how I know?

There is no way coins were submitted at this last Long Beach show; the results are available already!
THAT'S how I know.

The supposedly submitted coins:

peacockcoins

Comments

• lermishlermish Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very funny...i just wish the cert numbers were sequential :'(

• dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every once in a while, I come across a coin that I know for sure cost more to grade than the coin is worth, and I think to myself "Why in the world would anyone spend money to have that graded?".
    Then, for some weird reason, I feel sad because someone loved that coin enough to send it for grading, and sometimes even TrueView images as well - and I buy it. Weird huh?

Here are a few of them I have bought:

Paid $12 (Price Guide $10)

Paid $7.50 (Price Guide $10)

Paid $10 (Price Guide $20)

• braddickbraddick Posts: 22,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would have been nice too if the 1953-S Franklin was a FBL.
    (Is it close?)

:neutral:

peacockcoins

• Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2023 2:35PM

I also submitted pocket change at the last Long Beach show. I received the coins back from PCGS 2 days ago. The only thing is they are circulated, but they all graded MS

Does this mean that I get to go back in time now? 🤔

Here’s proof that they turned them around that quickly😎

Mr_Spud

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just as in life in general, there are some things that defy explanation. Many will simply resort to a mythical resource, such as time travel or 'the devil made me do it'.... :D;) Cheers, RickO

• If I was to time travel to pick up a few coins, it would be to 1893. Then I would come back to sell them at the Chicago showin April.

Oops, I already did.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only to go back to 1889 in carson city and come back with 5 rolls 😎

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did his car have a flux capacitor?

All glory is fleeting.
  • jacrispiesjacrispies Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny9434 said:

Rolls... do you mean bags?

"For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" Romans 6:23. Young fellow suffering from Bust Half fever.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jacrispies said:

@johnny9434 said:

Rolls... do you mean bags?

Ummm, ok 👍 😉

• SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:
    It would have been nice too if the 1953-S Franklin was a FBL.
    (Is it close?)

:neutral:

Or just a Full Bell.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2023 6:27AM

As noted here by others I’m a time traveler and was wondering if my fellow traveler mentioned where I left , in no particular order, my

1. Key to safe deposit box in 1966
    2. That thumb drive with my crypto account. ( more recently)
    3. Where I stashed those bags of CC dollars from my visit in 1890. 😁
    4. PS. Was devastated to learn that while I can travel through time I can seem to return with more than I left with

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• My uncle works for the San Francisco mint, and he is burying a coffee can of new just minted gold coins by the side of the road. We are firing up the machine tonight and will go back and fetch them

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you got the money to waste it can be fun to challenge your grading skills.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file