Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2023 Topps Heritage Baseball

1974 series.... Is that coming out this year? Or did Heritage end last year?

Comments

• Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is the 1973 design killed off the product line.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nathaniel1960 said:

Incorrect. This year’s Heritage is coming out in May.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭✭

They’d better not kill it before they get to 76. I’m going to want those in a desperate way.

• Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the update.

• lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭

i am ready for 1975 hertiage.

• RonSportscardsRonSportscards Posts: 774 ✭✭✭✭

@lwehlers said:

Including the minis.

• lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RonSportscards said:

@lwehlers said:

Including the minis.

a mini set would be really great but i probably won't be able to do that part of the set together. topps will probably make those hard to pull and put a whole set together will be tough.

• balco758balco758 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm already drooling over the idea of a retro Brett pull....

• HarnessracingHarnessracing Posts: 309 ✭✭✭

Where does it say there is a release date? I can’t find one anywhere

• GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

A retro mini of the 1975 topps heritage set would be awesome. That Brett and Yount would be amazing pulls.

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you go back to 2004, Heritage was on fire on our board.

JoeStalin kept it fun and interesting. The "Hunt for Heritage."

I bought a case from Kuhlman who had a shop in the suburbs of Atlanta for 600 bucks - yes the price has gone up a bit.

I wish I could capture that feeling - a whole lotta trading went on back then.

Ya want to know how one may be able to confirm the "print run?"

Back then with 1 case and buying blasters and few trades, I was able to complete the chrome set. Since that run is finite, we know if it's way harder to pull today? There's way more "base" cards being printed.

Still. IMO. It's a fun set to do. I just hope they work on the quality control. Last year I got way too many rough cut cards.

Lets the games begin.

Mike

Hi Mike, I still rip heritage every year and make lots of trades. Sadly only about 1/4 of my trades recently are made here, but I’d love to trade with you like the old days!

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    Hi Mike, I still rip heritage every year and make lots of trades. Sadly only about 1/4 of my trades recently are made here, but I’d love to trade with you like the old days!

Sure Dan.

Haven't seen a "pre-sell" on Blowout e.g. yet?

If I'm doing again this year, I'll start with the case.

My disappointment was that in the case - the bulk of the auto/relics was relics. Have had it like that also?

Mike

@Stone193 said:

@DBesse27 said:

Sure Dan.

My disappointment was that in the case - the bulk of the auto/relics was relics. Have had it like that also?

I’ve never bought a case.

Yaz Master Set

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

I am out until the 75's come out. Last year I had very poor results and it took the wind out of my sails.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2023 6:05AM

I pulled 5 autos from 4 blasters from Wal Mart in 2020 (1971). Four blue and one red. 2 HOF-ers Fisk and Kaat. I went back to that WalMart and cleaned them out. No more autos lol.
    Never happened to me before or after.

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

edited March 16, 2023 7:57PM

I pulled two 1/1 superfractors from retail in the span of 3 years (2018 and 20). Hasn’t happened since and I’m not surprised.

Yaz Master Set

• NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭

Those are amazing pulls guys. I always bear in mind when opening Heritage that it is definitely not the issue for big hits. It’s a set builders issue that has great tradition. But I wouldn’t think of it as disappointing if I don’t land any big hits. I love watching this thread and your set building quests. Fun to follow. Enjoy the ride!

John

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭

Problem is traditional set builders have to pay a "lottery" price to build a set through pack purchases. Nothing worse than having to spend $$ for a hit that you don't need or want. BTW 2022 Blasters have been marked down at Walmart to $19.99.

@NJ80sBBC said:
    Those are amazing pulls guys. I always bear in mind when opening Heritage that it is definitely not the issue for big hits. It’s a set builders issue that has great tradition. But I wouldn’t think of it as disappointing if I don’t land any big hits. I love watching this thread and your set building quests. Fun to follow. Enjoy the ride!

John

Everybody craps on retail, but besides the 2 superfractors I’ve pulled 3 autos, including red ink I was able to trade for 13 cards from the 1941 play ball set, and a killebrew stamp card I was able to trade for a 56 Topps Jackie Robinson. All this while spending $200 or less per year on Heritage.

Yaz Master Set

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

@NJ80sBBC said:

John

Everybody craps on retail, but besides the 2 superfractors I’ve pulled 3 autos, including red ink I was able to trade for 13 cards from the 1941 play ball set, and a killebrew stamp card I was able to trade for a 56 Topps Jackie Robinson. All this while spending $200 or less per year on Heritage.

When Blasters were $19.99 you could buy 3 of them and get the same 24 packs as a hobby box (slightly worse odds on some things and minus hobby exclusive hits obviously) for $60 +tax when hobby boxes were usually $75ish or more closer to release date.

I'd spend hours cleaning out the closest Walmarts and Targets.

• PastaBoyPastaBoy Posts: 175 ✭✭✭

I'll be looking to complete a set this year too. Not buying a case by any means, but depending on new pricing, enough to get in on trades.

• KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would love to see them do regular and mini plus how cool would rack packs be for 1975 Heritage.

@DBesse27 said:

@Nathaniel1960 said:

Incorrect. This year’s Heritage is coming out in May.

I wonder why it isn't on Blowout's release calendar.

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KendallCat said:
    Would love to see them do regular and mini plus how cool would rack packs be for 1975 Heritage.

Oh Yeah...an old school rack pack would be Awesome o:)o:)o:)

I haven’t seen a release date anywhere.

Anyone see a release date yet?

I would be surprised if there is one

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

@gameusedhoop said:
    Problem is traditional set builders have to pay a "lottery" price to build a set through pack purchases. Nothing worse than having to spend $$ for a hit that you don't need or want. BTW 2022 Blasters have been marked down at Walmart to $19.99.

The higher price for Heritage is determined by the boxes being loaded with hits to move the product. More profit for Topps. Would be better if product was just sold as a base card endeavor. Would be cheaper to complete the set.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • DodgerfanjohnDodgerfanjohn Posts: 489 ✭✭✭

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

@gameusedhoop said:

The higher price for Heritage is determined by the boxes being loaded with hits to move the product. More profit for Topps. Would be better if product was just sold as a base card endeavor. Would be cheaper to complete the set.

Really not sure what you are referring to but the odds have progressively become much worse, year by year.

@Stone193 said:

@DBesse27 said:

Sure Dan.

For the past several years most cases produced 2-4 autos and the remaining boxes relics.

• mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

I was focused elsewhere when the Heritage sets started, which sucks. I look forward to the obscure/common player autographs that they had come up with over the years, especially anyone who played for the Dodgers at any point in their career. Was really hoping Wes Parker would appear last year and was highly disappointed. So many of the 70s Dodgers have already been featured already in other issues, but a Heritage card wouldn't disappoint even if they had certified cards already.

Moving forward, unless they really dig deep into the rosters, I don't see much excitement for me though. They did issue the Garvey in 72 (think they really swung & missed by not using him in 71 issue though). Whatever Dodger(s) they do settle on using, I'll be watching for deals to add them. The checklists and signings have to be set/done by now, so unless they surprise, I'd suggest trying to include the likes of Doug Rau, Ed Goodson, Lee Lacy, Joe Ferguson, Ted Martinez, Vic Davalillo, Rick Sutcliffe and maybe some real obscurities to name a few that have never had certified autographs yet that I am aware of

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.

Geez 5/31, why don’t they wait til the seasons half over!

I wonder what is up with Heritage at Topps? Moving it to the end of May (supposedly).... I mean there is nothing out there... no presell info on the big card shop websites... no sell sheet, and really just a place holder at the Beckett site. Even if the release date is six weeks away, I'd imagine the product would be ready to ship... yet nothing... Need an insider at Topps to explain.... ha

Been this way since fanatics took over. You’ll get notified a week and a half to two weeks ahead at best. They don’t release details until last minute and are moving less product through wholesalers and more through Topps website and Fanatics website.

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Albies and Acuña are mixed up. Hopefully, that's just a digital mock up.

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Acuña and Albies are swapped photos.

2023 Topps Heritage Baseball Hobby Box (Presell)

Every Box contains One Autograph/Relic & One Box Loader!

A perfect blend of nostalgia and modern Baseball, 2023 Topps Heritage Baseball showcases current stars, emerging rookies, and legends on cards featuring and inspired by the 1974 design.

Collectors can find on-card autograph cards, relics, original 1974 Topps Baseball cards, and more.

Each Hobby Box contains one autograph or relic and 1 box loader.

PRODUCT BREAKDOWN:

BASE CARDS: This 500-card set contains modern day players, League leaders, All-Stars, Postseason highlights, and rookie stars. Short printed base cards (#401-500) are found 1:3 packs.

Base Card Parallels:

• Black Bordered - Limited to 50 HOBBY EXCLUSIVE
    • Flip Stock - Limited to 5 HOBBY EXCLUSIVE

Base Card Variations: (Select Subjects)

• Mini Base - numbered to 100
    • Throwback Uniforms - ULTRA RARE
    • Image Variations - HOBBY EXCLUSIVE
    • Nickname Variations - Limited
      Look for more unannounced surprises!

Base Card Chrome Variations:
    100 of the most collectible cards get the CHROME treatment. Limited Parallels

• Refractor - #'d to 574
    • Silver Parallel - #'d to 374
    • Black Bordered - #'d to 74
    • Gold Bordered - #'d to 5 HOBBY EXCLUSIVE
    • Superfractor - #'d 1 of 1
    • Hot Box Refractor - HOBBY AND VALUE BOX EXCLUSIVES

INSERT CARDS:

New Age Performers: Showcasing young modern stars who are poised to surpass the legends of the game

Then and Now: 1974's best players are compared to today's standouts

Baseball Flashbacks: MLB's best moments from the 1974 season are highlighted

New Flashbacks: The world's most memorable events take center stage

AUTOGRAPH CARDS:

Real One Autographs: On-card autographs of current and retired MLB greats.

Real One Special Edition Autographs: signed in red ink and hand numbered to 74

Real One Dual Autographs: Hand numbered to 25 or less HOBBY ONLY

Real One Triple Autographs: Hand numbered to 5 HOBBY ONLY

AUTOGRAPH RELICS:

Clubhouse Collection Autograph Relics: Featuring gameused relics and on-card autographs. Hand numbered to 25 or less

• Autograph patch parallel - hand-numbered 1 of 1 HOBBY ONLY

Clubhouse Collection Dual Autograph Relics: pairings with game-used relics and on-card autographs. Hand numbered to 10 or less HOBBY ONLY

Flashback Autographed Relics: celebrating moments from the 1973 season with retired greats on-cards autographs and game-used relics.

RELICS:

Clubhouse Collection Relics: Game-used uniform and bat pieces from leading MLB stars.

• Gold Parallel - #'d to 99 or less
    • Patch Parallel - Hand-numbered 1 of 1 HOBBY ONLY

Clubhouse Collection Dual Relics: Hand-numbered to 74

Clubhouse Collection Triple Relics: Hand-numbered to 25

Clubhouse Collection Quad Relics: Hand-numbered to 10

1974 Mint: Featuring coins minted in 1974 with stars from the MLB. HOBBY EXCLUSIVE

• Nickel - #'d to 15
    • Dime - #'d to 10
    • Quarter - #'d to 5
    • Half Dollar - #'d 1 of 1

1974 U.S. Postage Stamp Relics: MLB greats from yesterday and today alongside postage stamps released in 1974. Numbered to 50.

1974 Baseball Cut Signatures: Numbered 1 of 1

1974 Celebrity Cut Signatures: Numbered 1 of 1

HOBBY BOXLOADERS:

NEW! Oversized 1974 Topps Baseball: 50 select base cards receive oversized versions. Limited to 1000 each.

• Autographed Parallel - select subjects with on-card autographs. Limited to 25 or less

NEW! 1974 Topps Puzzles: Inspired by the puzzles released by Topps in 1974. Limited to 500 each

NEW! 1974 Deckle Edge Baseball: Printed to its original size here, cards will feature baseball stars on this vintage design. 1:2 boxes

1974 Topps Originals: buyback cards from 1974 Topps Baseball featuring a foil stamp. 1:2 boxes

24 Packs per Box, 9 Cards per Pack

$1100 a case..... :/

@Mick65 said:
    $1100 a case..... :/

Honestly thought it'd be more with way prices have gone.

Released and a case on Topps site is 999.99 -- I only bought 4 hobby boxes though.

• Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is "Los Angeles" missing from the top ribbon of the Trout card? I watched a You Tube break video last night and none of the Angels cards have the city printed. Weird.

• demondeacsdemondeacs Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    edited May 25, 2023 6:01AM

Anyone know if large vendors other than blowout had their Heritage shipments delayed by Topps/Fanatics?

Just wondered if this was a one-off or if their orders received less priority from Fanatics for some reason. Prior to this, I'd always heard that they were one of the most reliable sources at getting product to customers on release day.

• daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Chicago1976 said:
    Why is "Los Angeles" missing from the top ribbon of the Trout card? I watched a You Tube break video last night and none of the Angels cards have the city printed. Weird.

Generally the answer to something like this is a licensing issue. I can't imagine Topps needs to license "Los Angeles". Is it present on Dodgers cards?

I was waiting for this thread to bump. Hoping to grab some retail on lunch today. Very excited!

Yaz Master Set

• Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:

@Chicago1976 said:

Generally the answer to something like this is a licensing issue. I can't imagine Topps needs to license "Los Angeles". Is it present on Dodgers cards?

Agree, more than likley that is the case. May have something to do with the change from "Anaheim" a few years back.

The Dodger cards have "Los Angeles" on the card.

Still great looking cards. Here's a link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueJpZi8b0EI

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Chicago1976 said:

@daltex said:

@Chicago1976 said:

Agree, more than likley that is the case. May have something to do with the change from "Anaheim" a few years back.

The Dodger cards have "Los Angeles" on the card.

Still great looking cards. Here's a link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueJpZi8b0EI

hey Chicago1976,
    That's an Awesome looking box there...Yeah Pretty Cool looking... :)