Home U.S. Coin Forum

"W" mint 21st Century type set

OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's my type set of recent West Point Mint regular coins. Attractive set and very affordable despite the relatively low mintages.

2019-W Lincoln cent unc.
2020-W Jefferson nickel proof.
2015-W Roosevelt dime proof.
2020-W Weir Farm quarter unc.
2014-W Kennedy half, reverse proof.
2015-W Native American dollar, enhanced unc.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

Comments

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very Cool. Clever. B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neat idea! I like it

"I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice W set.... I did not think of doing that... and I can add my '95W ASE if I can find a holder to contain them all...or maybe just enjoy them as is...Would probably have to special order a holder. On second thought, no, I would have to crack the '95W out of the PCGS slab. Cheers, RickO

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 6, 2023 1:35PM

Really enjoy seeing other opinions and ideas on custom album pages and sets, especially in those Capital holders! 👍🏻

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• The_Dinosaur_ManThe_Dinosaur_Man Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a neat idea. Even with the bullion coins, a "W" Type Set is short and packs a lot of value.

Custom album maker and numismatic photographer, see my portfolio here: (http://www.donahuenumismatics.com/).

• CrackoutCrackout Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice, I love it!

• djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why no dollar coin in your type set?

@djm said:

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:

@djm said:

I actually meant silver dollar.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Very nice W set.... I did not think of doing that... and I can add my '95W ASE if I can find a holder to contain them all...or maybe just enjoy them as is...Would probably have to special order a holder. On second thought, no, I would have to crack the '95W out of the PCGS slab. Cheers, RickO

Don't you dare crack it out of your slab.....what grade is it? Someday, I will get one of these..
    ..tis on my bucket list, er ah, coin list!

• F117ASRF117ASR Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Now this is a cool idea! Nice set!

Beware of the flying monkeys!
    Aerospace Structures Engineer
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

@djm said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@djm said:

I actually meant silver dollar.

I wanted to assemble a 21st century "W" type set using denominations and designs found in commerce. Hence no silver dollar.

@WALLE- OUTSTANDING!! 👍🏻

• Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Overdate
    Why no 2019W quarter? and your 2020W is also a V75

• VasantiVasanti Posts: 455 ✭✭✭✭

It would be kinda neat to put together a complete UNC set of non-proof W coins starting with the 1996 dime.

@Vasanti said:
    It would be kinda neat to put together a complete UNC set of non-proof W coins starting with the 1996 dime.

Might get expensive if you include burnished bullion coins and commems.

Nah, I’m just thinking non-proof coins intended for circulation.

@Joe_360 said:
    @Overdate
    Why no 2019W quarter? and your 2020W is also a V75

I just wanted one coin of each type. I consider the V75 to be a variety of the ATB quarter type.

• smuglrsmuglr Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2023 8:03PM

My set consists of 19 'W' mint coins cent through small dollar. I have two regrets, that 3 of the 'W' mint quarters I didn't find on my own (traded for them) and that the USM canceled the uncirculated nickel. I'm working on including the ASE in the set but will likely never be able to complete that (1995, 2006, 2011 missing)

I'm also working on a set, cent through ASE that has all of the special finish (rev prf, enh unc, enh rev prf, etc) coins. Again unlikely to be able to complete due to the 2019 S ASE.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

These say one dollar 😁

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Eighteen63Eighteen63 Posts: 125 ✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    These say one dollar 😁

I just may do that, assemble another set and ditch the Sacagawea for an ASE. Here ya go!
    https://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/product/capital-holder-us-mint-set-silver-eagle.html

On the contrary, Google is not your friend.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome.
    That’s a good looking set👍🏼

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty cool, Overdate! B)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

@jmski52 said:
    Pretty cool, Overdate! B)

Thanks, if they ever make a "W" Morgan or Peace dollar I'll probably add it to the set.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone ... The 1995W is an MS68. Cheers, RickO

• BearlyHereBearlyHere Posts: 270 ✭✭✭✭

What would a W-mint circulation strike set look like as far as composition goes?

• SilverEagle1974SilverEagle1974 Posts: 134 ✭✭✭

Yes. I"m curious, too.

How many coins would actually be in the W-Mint set ?

30 to 40 ?

And what would it cost to assemble ?

Chris

• smuglrsmuglr Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭

@Vasanti said:
    What would a W-mint circulation strike set look like as far as composition goes?

Strictly speaking the only struck for circulation W coins were the 10 quarters 2019/2020.
    Circulating denominations expands to include 3 Lincoln cents 2019, 2 Jefferson nickels 2020, 2 Roosevelt dimes 1996 and 2015,1 Kennedy half 2014, and 1 Native American dollar 2015. These have various finishes proof, reverse proof, uncirculated, enhanced uncirculated. The 2014 half and 2015 dime are also silver. A set of 19.

edited March 26, 2023 2:53PM

@smuglr said:

@Vasanti said:

Strictly speaking the only struck for circulation W coins were the 10 quarters 2019/2020.
    Circulating denominations expands to include 3 Lincoln cents 2019, 2 Jefferson nickels 2020, 2 Roosevelt dimes 1996 and 2015,1 Kennedy half 2014, and 1 Native American dollar 2015. These have various finishes proof, reverse proof, uncirculated, enhanced uncirculated. The 2014 half and 2015 dime are also silver. A set of 19.

Plus the 2014-W gold proof Kennedy half, and the 2016 gold dime, quarter and half dollar classic designs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file