Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Newp $3 Gold arrived today!

DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ive had my eye on this coin for a while, and I was thrilled to be the winning bidder in the Long Beach auction on 2/9. I got invoiced a few days later after the auction was over, and the coin arrived safely today almost two weeks later. All in all, not too bad of a turnaround time from heritage.

This example stood out to me for several reasons. It has a satiny texture and the luster leaves nothing to be desired. It doesn't have the amber toning that many of these develop, but the color is consistent and even without any distracting spots or blemishes. It has a few tiny ticks in the obverse fields, but the reverse is particularly clean. The strike is full, and all of the obverse devices really stand out. On the reverse, you'll see that the coin is very well defined around the ribbon and the veins of the leaves, which is an area I pay attention to when shopping these. Im really happy to cross this one off of my list, I think its a great looking coin that stands tall against many other examples in the same grade, well deserving of the bean. Unfortunately theres no TV yet so I will share the HA photos as well as a video from my instagram. Ive tried several ways to have it embed into the post, but for some reason I can't figure it out so you'll just have to click on the link.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Co-5NUqgOyB/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

64 CAC

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file