Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2023 women's quarters three role sets

Comments

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    The 3-roll set boxes on Ebay look different from previous years.
    Do these have the plastic trays?

No plasic trays....

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mas3387 said:

@Bullsitter said:

No plasic trays....

Are the rolls just rolling around or do they have packing protection?
    Thanks.

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

I may be wrong but I don't think the stars are lined up for these to do well price wise. I see a flood to exit in about a week. Everyone will keep undercutting the lowest price in order to get out.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Regardless of the slight price and mintage increase...I still think the 2023 "S" quarters are a good deal for essentially $1 each.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 16, 2023 8:43PM

And they gotta be worth $3-5each. $120-200 from a roll, is ok. 😁🙀🎣

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

Here’s a few random examples from eBay.

• Options

Very quiet. Tried several different lures and a couple different fishing options. Nada 😁🎣

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

My 3-roll set will be arriving today.

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2023 9:50AM

Received two, not impressed with the packaging, cheap cardboard. Worst then last year bt far. See photo comparison. 2023 on far right

@Bullsitter said:

No, cheap cardboard box.

• Options
    Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭✭

Cardboard is more ecologically friendly than plastic!

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

@Glen2022 said:
    Cardboard is more ecologically friendly than plastic!

Yeah, I like what they did.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good! I never liked those flimsy white plastic trays.

• Options

The old plastic tray packaging annoyed me because it only had 5 slots and not 6...so I couldn't consolidate boxes to save storage space.

And the new boxes annoy me because they're just barely not high enough to fit 6 double stacked rolls...so I can't consolidate boxes to save storage space.

Therefore...I'm perpetually annoyed and still not able to save space!!!

• Options

But serious question...is anyone dumping the P and D rolls to defray the cost of the S rolls?

Are they worth keeping?

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two sets arrived Wednesday. The Mint limited me to one order of the second set.

• Options
    Klif50Klif50 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭

I received my two 3 roll sets (two separate boxes from 2 separate subscriptions) on Thursday. They are marked as to subject and year and put away for my granddaughter. She has 3 rolls sets for all of the issues so far and hopefully I can continue to buy a couple of sets for her each issue. I did reduce my 3 roll subscription from 3 sets to 2 this time. Just a bit too big of a bite at one time.

• Options

How important are the boxes? I just got my three roll sets and all three boxes are wrecked.

• Options

Jsmiith…did you get the license number of that truck…or tank!

But seriously…that’s infuriating!

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

My enrollment has not even showed up in USPS tracker yet. Going to back off the 2023 but still holding several boxes of the 2022. They still seem to be slowly climbing in price.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options

@Jsmiith said:
    How important are the boxes? I just got my three roll sets and all three boxes are wrecked.

@Kurisu Just posted a similar train wreck. 🧐

• Options
    KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2023 1:53PM

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Jsmiith said:

@Kurisu Just posted a similar train wreck. 🧐

I called customer service just now, she quickly offered a refund and I explained that I don't want a refund and that I'll only return them if they can guarantee sending me replacements. And explained to her how they're very limited sets.
    Nice lady tried to get me a supervisor, no one available at the moment but someone will call me back.
    She did get back on after taking my number and told me that she was told that production keeps some in stock for these kind of problems...I explained that I will certainly not be the only one with this problem lol.
    Hate it when I'm right...sorry @Jsmiith :/
    You should give them a call now too... they're open 7 days a week for customer service - 1–800–USA–MINT (872–6468)

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• Options

@RichR said:
    But serious question...is anyone dumping the P and D rolls to defray the cost of the S rolls?

Are they worth keeping?

I don't know, but I think so. The 2022 sealed two roll packages, P&D, are being offered on eBay for around $40 each. I don't know if they would be somewhat less if you break them out of the three roll set. don't know how well they're selling on eBay.

• Options
    edited February 18, 2023 2:57PM

received my three roll Bessie Coleman PDS sets today in the mail. is it better not to open the boxes or go ahead and open them to inspect the rolls? Is there any downside in opening the boxes? I have no intention of having them slabbed.

I missed out on some of the 2022 quarters. Anyone have a 2022 PDS set to trade for a Bessie Coleman PDS set? I'm looking for a Ride, Mankiller and Angelou PM me if interested. Thanks, Bill

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

my sets showed up in good shape. I guess I should feel lucky.

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭

I got 3 sets. Opened all three boxes. Opened a Philly roll and they garbage 62-64 coins. The Denver rolls also looked like they had been though a thrashing machine. The S rolls were spectacular. Prooflike and much higher quality. Sent some off to across the street. Some were DMPL. Hopefully I’ll get some PL, maybe DMPL designations.

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:
    my sets showed up in good shape. I guess I should feel lucky.

Same as mine and wondering what is the date stamp on your boxes? looks like the damage boxes were package on 1/24 all three of mine were done 1/20 I have always tried to get early boxes and last boxes. I have not opened any of mine from last year as sealed is better for now. I like the next one coming out as much as this one so will leave my subscription at 3.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

my three are are as follows:
    12:32:13 / 12:31:34 / 12:32:23
    01/18/23

• Options

@Kurisu I called customer service, and they were wonderful. I don't mind keeping the crushed boxes... BUT I do want a couple that are in good shape. I suspect that if I send them back, despite the coins being fine, they'll end up sitting on a shelf somewhere and eventually destroyed.

I work in DC, so I'm going to stop by the shop on Tuesday to see if they have any in the store. I've lucked out a few times and found a few hard to get items there.

@jessewvu it looks like the printed labels on the box are put on at a mint. The distribution center packs them and sends them - address on the outer box. My outer box was destroyed and had absolutely no cushion on the bottom of the box. All of it was at the top of the box. If they had put cushioning on the top and bottom, I would've gotten at least one intact box.

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

@Jsmiith said:
    @Kurisu I called customer service, and they were wonderful. I don't mind keeping the crushed boxes... BUT I do want a couple that are in good shape. I suspect that if I send them back, despite the coins being fine, they'll end up sitting on a shelf somewhere and eventually destroyed.

I work in DC, so I'm going to stop by the shop on Tuesday to see if they have any in the store. I've lucked out a few times and found a few hard to get items there.

@jessewvu it looks like the printed labels on the box are put on at a mint. The distribution center packs them and sends them - address on the outer box. My outer box was destroyed and had absolutely no cushion on the bottom of the box. All of it was at the top of the box. If they had put cushioning on the top and bottom, I would've gotten at least one intact box.

My box came in perfect condition. It was packaged with bubble wrap.

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

@Manorcourtman said:
    I got 3 sets. Opened all three boxes. Opened a Philly roll and they garbage 62-64 coins. The Denver rolls also looked like they had been though a thrashing machine. The S rolls were spectacular. Prooflike and much higher quality. Sent some off to across the street. Some were DMPL. Hopefully I’ll get some PL, maybe DMPL designations.

Could you let us know the date and timestamp of said boxes?

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2023 11:20AM

My box came in perfect condition. It was packaged with bubble wrap.

Lots of bubble wrap around outside of 3 cardboard boxes but nothing inside the boxes to keep the rolls from banging around and getting damaged and broken. If the USM simply put the rolls in a small piece of bubble wrap or paper wrapping inside the cardboard box they wouldn't need all the bubble wrap around the outside. It's the rolls I want protected and in good shape.

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 20, 2023 11:44AM

"2023 women's quarters three role sets" Hmmm... Role?

The three roles they play for me:

1. Increasing disdain due to their crazy price increases.
    2. Increasing disdain for their continued quality drop in holders and shipping.
    3. Continued disdain and burn out of too many designs and series to collect.

Ok. Done ranting. B)

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    heavymetalheavymetal Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭

Received my one subscription order yesterday in excellent condition.

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭

@fox9487 said:

@Manorcourtman said:

Could you let us know the date and timestamp of said boxes?

Sorry, they are in the landfill! I never thought of saving them or looking at them.

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

3 roll set is up for sale again....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

Yes it is indeed. Right now 😁🙀

• Options

Looks like I can get as many as I could ever want/need.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options

85 sets still available.

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

Dead money

• Options

Well now. Here’s something I didn’t expect. Kinda properly packed. 😳
    I feel lucky, very lucky 😁

• Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Well now. Here’s something I didn’t expect. Kinda properly packed. 😳
    I feel lucky, very lucky 😁

You are. Taking the time to make the wedge inside the box is the step that was skipped in the boxes with the loose rolls banging around.

As for the useless bubble wrap, they really just need to special order shipping boxes that are appropriately sized for the items they are shipping, since they really don't have that many different sized items. They do enough volume to do it, they just don't care enough to make the effort.

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

Unavailable. They were gone by 930am est

• Options

They were up for 2 hours? Dang 🧐

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am so done with them. I am knocking down my subscriptions to a single one only now.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

Got my 3 today with no problem on packaging.

• Options

There available right now

• Options
    edited March 9, 2023 5:33AM

There available right now
    I haven’t checked recently so this might be old news

• Options
    johntjohnt Posts: 44 ✭✭✭

There were a few available yesterday as well as today.

• Options

That was quick. I hope anyone waiting got in. Plenty of time if you were waiting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file