Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 W American Memorial Strike Through Error Obverse South West of George's Ear

While CRH Quarters I pulled this 2019W American Memorial. It appears to me to be a Strike Trough Error on the Obverse, south west of Georges Ear. Do you agree or disagree?

Comments

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a strike through but a minor one and very little premium if at all. Nice find though.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on your find!🥳🥳🥳

Since this coin has been in the wild for a few years and is considered circulated I don't see any additional premium even if it is determined to be a strike through....

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@arby96 ... It does appear to be a strike through and/or a possible delamination. Good pictures and interesting find. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22, 2023 11:11AM

Yes!
    Nice catch, dude.
    I love these S.T.'s. Esp. on any W quarters.
    2 bonuses, on one Coin!
    <3
    I too, have a STRIKE-THROUGH "W" quarter. The date and series, alludes my memory. Somewhere in my "W" quarter collection?
    I have approximately 100 to go through?
    Found 173. But sold and/or gave away, about 100.
    Thanks for posting.
    B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    arby96arby96 Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

Joeykoins, This is my second W quarter with an anomaly on it. This tall grass is a greaser for sure. I posted this coin last year. I believe it a bonus on W as well, not a premium, With only 2 million minted it makes these slightly more rare being on a W coin. MO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file