Home Precious Metals

EngelHard 100oz Bars

I have a friend asking me about these and I honestly have no Idea?

Are these old Engelhards worth a bit more than Spot? I see them going on APMEX for $2600 each currently BUT I researched a little and it looks like they are pretty old and not many made so are they worth a good price?

Thank you for any help everyone :smile:

Comments

• Usually the larger the bar the lower the premium. Since they are vintage Engelhard bars i'm sure you will still be able to get a nice premium on them as you have observed. You should check AllEngelhard for more info but the top one is a 3rd series Canadian Ingot <4,000, second one is 4th P Series <1,000, last is a 9th series <300,000.

Successful transactions with: AnonMan, Commoncents05, JJM, PerryHall, Danielp, greenwr, Along, Herb_T, Downtown1974, masscrew, coinnerd, liefgold, JWP, Relaxn, Pnies20, Weiss, Type2, dm679864, pointfivezero, and more!

• JDsCoinsJDsCoins Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

Thank you for the help @doubleeagle07 !!!

I know my buddy wants to sell them but I told him I would reach out to my friends on here because I had no Idea even what range he should be thinking when he takes them to the coin shop.

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

No specific pricing info, but this might help you identify the 'series/ICR/estimated mintage'.

Thank you @MetroD :smile:

• I think you might see a couple hundred extra on the top 2 bars to an individual but probably not a coin shop... I dont know the 100oz bars that well though

Thank you @Silveryfire

• ProofmorganProofmorgan Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭✭

Better to sell on the page here or online. The shops will try and pay you spot or less for silver typically.

Collector of Original Early Gold with beginnings in Proof Morgan collecting.

Love all the help 👍

Thank you for the help everyone!!

I guess my buddy want to sell them so I am going to make a post on here tonight with each one for sale haha