Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

This week Silver score from 3 out of 4 Boxes All 90%ers

I picked up six boxes this week, My first 2 boxes were skunks. My next 3 out of 4 boxes were awesome. I pulled these 19 beautiful 1964D's and 1-1954S Bennie. Had two enders. I saving one to put up on my Etsy Page. I like to share when I get a score like this. These are all AU to MS Coins. It still blows me away someone can cash these in for face value. Enjoy everyone.

Comments

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2023 2:34PM

Awesome finds!
    Made up for the first 2 boxes.
    Don't forget to check for any varieties.
    B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

1964 Kennedy's were hoarded in huge numbers at the time of issue. The original hoarders are now passing from the scene and the heirs are dumping any coins they find in the estate as quickly as they can. Numismatic (and silver content) knowledge among the general public is very low.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice finds!

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice!

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

OUTSTANDING!!! It takes your breath away for a second when they first jump out at you, doesn't it?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    PizzamanPizzaman Posts: 226 ✭✭✭

Really nice. Brings back old memories. We had it up to 16 boxes a week for a time. We also got the bank bags when they filled before they were sent off to the reserves. That of course was back when about every bank had a counting machine. Couldn't do at that rate, today.

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Super score!

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool, silver is always a welcome sight

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@arby96.... WOW!!! What a great score. You hit a silver mine. Congratulations... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting. Were there any 40%era in with them? If not that’s what I find courteous.

Martin

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Martin said:
    Interesting. Were there any 40%era in with them? If not that’s what I find courteous.

Martin

All 1964's wow!

• Options
    arby96arby96 Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

No 40's in this batch, Its rare to find all 90's without finding 40's. I have been searching half dollar boxes since 2013 and have pulled 8388 pieces of silver out of Circulation. 2064 90's and 6324 40's. The silver finds have slowed down a lot since I started. I was doing 12-16 boxes a week and now I do 6 boxes a week. I am more focused now on W Quarters. I have a goal to reach 500. I'm close I have found 380 so far. Still can only make 17 complete sets. Oakstrar, Specially when silver looks this nice when finding it in rolls, definitely exciting. I hope there are more boxes this week that will continue the silver vein. It has happened before. We will just have to wait and see.

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2023 2:11PM

@arby96 said:
    No 40's in this batch, Its rare to find all 90's without finding 40's. I have been searching half dollar boxes since 2013 and have pulled 8388 pieces of silver out of Circulation. 2064 90's and 6324 40's. The silver finds have slowed down a lot since I started. I was doing 12-16 boxes a week and now I do 6 boxes a week. I am more focused now on W Quarters. I have a goal to reach 500. I'm close I have found 380 so far. Still can only make 17 complete sets. Oakstrar, Specially when silver looks this nice when finding it in rolls, definitely exciting. I hope there are more boxes this week that will continue the silver vein. It has happened before. We will just have to wait and see.

I also hope you're grabbing individual customer wrapped rolls when you can. I've been more lucky lately with those individual rolls then boxes.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats, that's fantastic :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW! Great finds.........

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file