Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

coin star machines

someone posted a photo of all these old silver coins a coin star machine kicked out. is that really possible or a bit of embellishing.

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 15,005 ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll need to post a photo.

But, generally Coinstar machines reject silver. I found about $14 fave value in a reject slot once.

• Options
    DeplorableDanDeplorableDan Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12, 2023 11:41AM

Here is an active thread with 35 pages of coinstar finds by other forum members, have at it 🙂

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/979842/the-official-coinstar-finds-thread/p1

Founder- Peak Rarities
    Website
    Instagram
    Facebook

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

While it could be embellished, it is also 100% possible.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DeplorableDan said:
    Here is an active thread with 35 pages of coinstar funds by other forum members, have at it 🙂

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/979842/the-official-coinstar-finds-thread/p1

That will go on pretty much forever, just saying

• Options

there is one at my local supermarket. guess i'm going to add it to my daily routine. bank teller told me silver certificates are starting to show up in circulation.

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

My daughter and I love checking the coinstar machine at the grocery store every time we're there. Tons of cool foreign coins and some silver now and then too. Fun stuff.

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,495 ✭✭✭✭✭

I once fo$10 face in silver quarters in my credit union's coin machine. Also have found silver halves and silver dollars.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's very possible!

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

Believe it or not I filled two and half pockets of change in the reject hole, once. It was well over $50 in change. No silver, just a malfunctioning Coinstar, and whoever put it in just left it.
    It was right next to where I worked and I checked it three times a day, two breaks and lunch. Found a bit of silver but not really too much. Lot's of foreign and bent and damaged stuff but all spendable.
    bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I check the Coinstar reject slot every time I pass one.... have found big amounts, and - most frequently - nothing at all. And yes, have found silver quarters and dimes... most frequently, Roosevelt silver dimes. Lots of foreign coins too. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file