Home Precious Metals
Options

Assay results ! It's silver !!!

Comments

• Options
    OwlxOwlx Posts: 261 ✭✭

I only checked for gold n silver I'm going to send it in for pgms. I can't help it I gotta know if it is rodium palladium Platinum ore .

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2023 5:52PM

@Owlx said:

Where is the assay result??
    That's an interesting specimen sample.
    Is that big enough to cut into slabs???
    Would make nice jewlery.
    Can't tell the size, maybe photography with a US coin for size.
    Next is calculating ounces per ton.
    Good luck.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2023 7:07PM

Pyrite, marcasite, pyrrhotite, and other minerals found in your quartz rock sample can contain trace amounts of silver, but what matters is the parts per million of each element. What are your actual test results?

If you are gathering these rocks in the Beartooth Mountains of Montana, you might find similar samples with some serpentine, chalcopyrite, or granular chromite, which could contain PGMs as that is near the Stillwater mine geologic complex.

Of course, you would need to actually own mineral rights, to do anything other than have fun. Good luck.

• Options

It said 1.60 per ton but they didn't check for pgms I'm sure it something more becouse I have solid mineral chunks that are like metal wen I polish them there's a pound of granular
    Po

• Options

Can I put it up for sale ?

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Owlx said:

You probably could in the buy/sell section.
    If you're saying 1.60 ounce per ton.
    I don't think Those numbers are cost effective to refine to turn a profit.
    A buyer would likely want a copy of the assay report.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29, 2023 9:32PM

@Owlx said:

Some of your rock specimens do look nice and maybe some could be sold on eBay or possibly on the buy/sell section as interesting mineral samples for collectors, but don't expect to get rich on them.

The more solid pieces you have are a bit different and interesting. Are they heavy for their size? Galena, and sphalerite are silver, lead, and zinc ores and can be quite solid. You are finding some nice rock samples.

Here is a photo of some high-grade lead, zinc, and silver ore samples from the underground Lucky Friday mine in Idaho, and the Black Cloud Mine in Leadville, Colorado, or the Ontario Mine in Park City, Utah. We worked there in college a long time ago. Happy hunting.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would really like to see a comprehensive assay result.... especially of the granular element(s). Cheers, RickO