Home Precious Metals

Platinum Eagles

Zach98Zach98 Posts: 59 ✭✭✭
edited January 21, 2023 7:01PM in Precious Metals

Just picked up this piece from a local coin shop. I have recently started getting into Platinum coins. Most likely going to resell this one though.

Comments

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

On a relative basis, platinum is undervalued right now. Good luck in your endeavors.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do like the designs on the platinum coins.... However, I will stick with gold and silver for my stacking/collecting. Cheers, RickO

• CrustyCrusty Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:
    On a relative basis, platinum is undervalued right now. Good luck in your endeavors.

I have thought about buying a few of the platinum proofs that appeal to me. But premiums are way too damn high. I may still add them but I’ll go in knowing they are not a wise investment and the pleasure I get from them will have to make the purchase worth it.

Does anyone here collect them? If so, how do you like them. If I go after them they will be in the OGP. I can’t justify an even higher premium for some fancy slab. Thoughts?

• Zach98Zach98 Posts: 59 ✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2023 5:10PM

This one is in my collection, I got it at a small premium 6-7 years ago. I like having it for the novelty if nothing else. I plan on getting the four coin set from 2001(year I was born) at some point. The new Palladium ones they make are cool too.

I've been into platinum since 1996 and I'm convinced that it's a valuable component in any precious metal portfolio.

I knew it would happen.
  • RobMRobM Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

I am more of a bullion stacker than collector. Though definitely not for everyone, the platinum group metals can give one compact exposure to critical (as defined by USGS) minerals. You can't do that with gold and silver! Here's my only certified Pt coin. Bought her from a forum member.

RobM, that's a nice, clean, well-struck Plat! Very nice!

I knew it would happen.