Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

[CLOSED] Thanksgiving giveaway

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 24, 2022 12:49PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Update: This contest is now CLOSED.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Here’s a fun little drawing which will be done on or shortly after Thursday, November 24, 2022. That is Thanksgiving Day here in the US, and also my 46th anniversary as a numismatist.

To enter, merely type the words “entry post” in your reply to this thread. Only one entry post per contestant. (The drawing will be done on CoinTalk, but if you want in, you can just reply here and I'll tally your entry over there.)

You may also tell us what you’re thankful for, or what you like about this time of year, etc.

The prize is the second coin shown in this video. (If you also feel like commenting and/or subscribing on my brand-new YouTube coin collection channel, thanks in advance!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWcnxhhLoTM

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭

Entry post

• JDsCoinsJDsCoins Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

Entry Post

• Entry post. I'm thankful to be in an era where diabetes isint a death sentence.

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Drazzil said:
    Entry post. I'm thankful to be in an era where diabetes isint a death sentence.

Ditto

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • WilliamFWilliamF Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post, neat token!

Grateful to live in America, despite it's problems we still enjoy so many freedoms here, we take it all for granted way too much...

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817

• sylsyl Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Entry post.

Yes Don, I think that I've seen that back yard before

• milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

Entry post.

I am thankful can e described in one word................family.

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry Post.
    Thanks for the chance.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• atomatom Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭

Entry post

• jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post. Thankful for my wife, and three boys ages 3, 1.5, and 2 months :)

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post
    Thankful for friends

• 1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭✭

Entry Post

BTW: the token is Charlton # NS-22A. Originally issued for British Guiana but commonly circulated in Nova Scotia.

I'm thankful that lake effect snow from Buffalo won't reach Hartford. B)

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • UpGrayeddUpGrayedd Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry Post

Philippians 4:4-7

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1960NYGiants said:
    Entry Post

BTW: the token is Charlton # NS-22A. Originally issued for British Guiana but commonly circulated in Nova Scotia.

I'm thankful that lake effect snow from Buffalo won't reach Hartford. B)

C'mon Gene. The snow is wonderful. We can ship you a bunch of it.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • SimonWSimonW Posts: 607 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post

I'm BACK!!! Used to be Billet7 on the old forum.

• liefgoldliefgold Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post

liefgold
  • CoinHunter4CoinHunter4 Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭

Entry post.

Young Numismatist. Over 20 successful transactions including happy BST transactions with @CoinHoarder, @Namvet69, @Bruce7789, @TeacherCollector, @JWP, @CuKevin, @CoinsExplorer, @greencopper, @PapiNE and @privatecoin

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing" -Benjamin Franklin

• rec78rec78 Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

entry post
    Thanks!

• charlesf20charlesf20 Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

Entry Post

• Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post, and I want to give thanks for the chance 🌞

Mr_Spud

• YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post

I am grateful for my life today. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

Entry post

Thankful for my family

Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.

Everyone who's entered so far has now had their entries tallied over on the CoinTalk thread, so they'll be in the random drawing (which is done with a random number generator, based on the post numbers on CT.)

• DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

Entry Post

I am thankful that I got a high grade Napoleon I coin some years ago before it skyrocketed to its current value.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • CoinJockey73CoinJockey73 Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November 24, 2022 4:27AM

If it's not too late, I'd like to get in on the drawing so, ENTRY POST! But I'd like the prize to go to a budding YN, should i win. That abramthegreat over on CT is getting a lot of support, so I'm in! My post count here is low, but my reputation on CT may still be in good standing. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. I'd post an image of an "indigenous person's" head nickel i found in honor of the celebrations but a lass, i can't figure out how. Hope everyone is well. @lordmarcovan nice to see you're up to you're amazing old self, as usual! All my best to you and yours, as always.
    I'm extremely thankful for my exposure to the amazing people over on CoinTalk, without whom, i wouldn't be here. Miss you guys.

*edit, i figured out how to post images!

Found yesterday! That's a 9!

@CoinJockey73 - great to see you over here. I was just missing you over on CT, as it happens. Glad to still be in touch!

@DeutscherGeist said:
    Entry Post

I am thankful that I got a high grade Napoleon I coin some years ago before it skyrocketed to its current value.

Boy, they really did skyrocket, didn’t they? I was looking at Napoleonic gold but settled for a gilt medal instead. It’s huge.

• @lordmarcovan said:
    @CoinJockey73 - great to see you over here. I was just missing you over on CT, as it happens. Glad to still be in touch!

I'm a little embarrassed it's taken me so long to see this place is quite like CT! I was trying to find my ground over on the NGC boards, but as my buddy @NeophyteNumismatist can attest, they ain't so friendly over there, and you know me, I'm all about making friends. And yes, my entry is 100% for @Abramthegreat over on CT. Wish him luck for me please.
    I've missed you guys on CT! But I'm always stopping by. Just can't contribute, which is so counterproductive! I've asked so many times to come back, to no avail, i just stopped asking (kind of).
    My thoughts are with you and your family this holiday season after the rough year you've had. Peace and love, peace and love.

These are good forums. I’ve been here 21 years. The 2016 software change here made me move over to CT as my primary haunt (I dislike the markdown format this platform uses), but there are fine folks in both places, and, as you’ll discover, a lot of overlap as well.

Lots of folks are active on both sites. Some will have names you recognize, but others use different usernames on each site.

The big-boy numismatic elite can be found on this site.

“Norantyki” on CoinTalk won the drawing. Happy Thanksgiving, y’all!

• NeophyteNumismatistNeophyteNumismatist Posts: 856 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinJockey73 said:

@lordmarcovan said:

...but as my buddy @NeophyteNumismatist can attest, they ain't so friendly over there, and you know me, I'm all about making friends...

There are some ATS that I truly enjoy (real salt of the earth folks). There are others that ruin that forum for everyone. I want more numismatic and less dramatic. This forum has that, and I really appreciate that a lot.

I hope everyone had a great holiday, and I am thankful that I have found this forum, and have already "met" some wonderful people here. Thank you all very much.

I am a newer collector (started April 2020), and I primarily focus on U.S. Half Cents and Type Coins. Early copper is my favorite.