Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2022 American Women Quarters Three-Roll Set - Enrollment reduction from 3 to 1

Comments

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Batman23 said:
    There are still 316 2-roll sets available for those that are interested in them...

3-roll? 😁

You wish! ;)

There are still 71 2-roll sets are available. Other than a select few pulling big money on eBay I don't think there is much demand for these rolls. The demand there is I speculate comes from carry over around the 3-roll set and not truly understanding the difference.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2022 2:14PM

From a potential appreciation point of view...I really think the 2022 "S" coins were a gift from the Mint that required very little outlay. For $54 you got $30 in face value...so even if you spent the "P" & "D" coins...that left you 40 "S" quarters with an abnormally low mintage of 300,000 at what 0.85 cents per coin???

How can you beat that?

And for all those Washington Quarter set collectors...you're going to have to eventually spring for these coins to fill those holes (old school thinking, I admit).

Plus, some fraction of those 300,000 cons also seem to be grading out as PL or as extraordinarily high MS...so who knows what the values of those will end up being?

For 2023...with mintages of even 500,000 (I'm thinking those will still be among the Top 5 low mintages for a very long coin series), you're still not exactly risking much downside. Therefore, I'm definitely in for at least a roll (or two) of each coin next year...AND I DON'T EVEN COLLECT ROLLS!

PS...Has Coin World run an article highlighting the low mintages of these yet...because I see these as real sleepers???

• Options
    WALLEWALLE Posts: 237 ✭✭✭✭

Mintage is 7566 at this time.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WALLE said:

Here’s the mint sheet on 2023. Over 12,000😁

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

Mine arrived 😁

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@WALLE said:

Here’s the mint sheet on 2023. Over 12,000😁

No this mintage amount is from the website in regards to what has been shipped for the Wong set as of 10-30-22

• Options

I should of put it that the latest shipping numbers for the Wong 3roll set is 7566 as of 10-30-22

• Options

@WALLE said:
    I should of put it that the latest shipping numbers for the Wong 3roll set is 7566 as of 10-30-22

Cool cool. I realized that might be the case after I thought about it. Sorry 😁

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2022 6:22PM

Sorry if I'm dense...but doesn't a product limit of 12,620 [40 coin] rolls translate into a mintage of 504,800 coins???

Is that for one of the 2023 coins?

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Sorry if I'm dense...but doesn't a product limit of 12,620 [40 coin] rolls translate into a mintage of 504,800 coins???

Is that for one of the 2023 coins?

If I understand correctly:

From the current subscription advertisement for the 3-Roll Set (next release is Coleman in FEB-2023):

Source: https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-women-quarters-3-roll-set-subscription-NE.html

"Product Limit" for the 3-Roll Set = 12,620

~ 12,620 Rolls of P x 40 per Roll = 504,800 P Quarters
    ~ 12,620 Rolls of D x 40 per Roll = 504,800 D Quarters
    ~ 12,620 Rolls of S x 40 per Roll = 504,800 S Quarters

These figures do not account for the Mint-direct release of P and D Quarters in the 2-Roll Set, or the 100-Coin Bags.

• Options
    edited November 1, 2022 7:14PM

12,600 is what I’m seeing. I guess that is a 2/3’s jump in mintage. I’m guessing the market will absorb these but it is looking like the 22’s will be the key, assuming the series is allowed or even if, it takes off.
    Most got a 3-roll if they wanted, kinda, but a HHL of 1 would be better than 200,000 more coins on the market.
    Ofcourse, I’m speaking of the same geniuses who destroyed the W nickel set by not releasing the third in a series of 3🤨, The uncirculated.

• Options

7566 sold is only 54 sets shy of the mintage limit. I would expect most of those 54 were sold this morning. Not going to be very many left for the morning show.

• Options

Nothing on the 3 roll sets. There are 4 two roll sets available.

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

Didn't see the 3 roll flip.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options

I didn’t notice this morning. I’m also fishing in a different area. Trying for another product that is kinda due to appear before going to sold out 😁🐋

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    I didn’t notice this morning. I’m also fishing in a different area. Trying for another product that is kinda due to appear before going to sold out 😁🐋

What product are you trying to grab?

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2, 2022 2:54PM

@jshaulis said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

I'm not sure why he felt the need to share at all, but why on earth would he advertise for competition on something he is trying to snag? If you are suffering from a very serious case of FOMO, just look at everything that was recently released, currently unavailable, but not sold out, and see if anything floats your boat. To be honest, there is only one thing that's jumping out to me.

• Options

@NJCoin said:

@jshaulis said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

I'm not sure why he felt the need to share at all, but why on earth would he advertise for competition on something he is trying to snag? If you are suffering from a very serious case of FOMO, just look at everything that was recently released, currently unavailable, but not sold out, and see if anything floats your boat. To be honest, there is only one thing that's jumping out to me.

I can post if I like. I don’t need your affirmation or permission. Thanks 😁

• Options
    edited November 2, 2022 4:32PM

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@NJCoin said:

@jshaulis said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

I can post if I like. I don’t need your affirmation or permission. Thanks 😁

You sure can! I was just trying to protect your privacy while you were fishing. Since you like posting, why not tell everyone what you are chasing so we can join you? B)

• Options
    edited November 2, 2022 4:46PM

Well I sure appreciate your concern for my privacy. I thought I was doing pretty good but gee, I guess I better be careful.
    Let’s see, I’ll start by not telling you what I’m looking for. Is that better? 🧐
    Perhaps my forum ID is next. I sure wouldn’t want to use my name. Oops, too late 😁

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Mint drained all my ponds until next year.... :#

• Options
    edited November 2, 2022 6:48PM

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Well I sure appreciate your concern for my privacy. I thought I was doing pretty good but gee, I guess I better be careful.
    Let’s see, I’ll start by not telling you what I’m looking for. Is that better? 🧐
    Perhaps my forum ID is next. I sure wouldn’t want to use my name. Oops, too late 😁

You were doing fine, until you felt the need to announce in the quarters thread that you were busy fishing for something other than the quarters, inviting someone to ask about it so maybe they could join you. I foolishly jumped in, stating that it was a mystery why you would make such an announcement at all, since surely you were not looking for company at 7:30 a.m.

My bad for not resisting the urge to get involved. I certainly do not care which currently unavailable product you are chasing. Good luck, and carry on.

• Options
    edited November 2, 2022 6:55PM

Thanks. I’m glad you are cool with this. I probably should have been a little more patient and explain that if you go back 10 pages and start scanning you would notice several of us tend to yes, in fact, join each other in the early hours every day and on multiple items, sometimes.
    We share comments like family at the breakfast table bantering about small talk, mostly, some times serious but generally coin related 😁🙏

Come join us once in awhile. Quality updates and latest guessing what the mint is thinking. 👍🏼

• Options
    edited November 2, 2022 6:56PM

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Thanks. I’m glad you are cool with this. I probably should have been a little more patient and explain that if you go back 10 pages and start scanning you would notice several of us tend to yes, in fact, join each other in the early hours every day and on multiple items, sometimes.
    We share comments like family at the breakfast table bantering about small talk, mostly, some times serious but generally coin related 😁🙏

It's all good! I just figured it's understood that everyone is chasing the same thing on the thread where it is being discussed, but you wouldn't be looking for competition on the other thing where you are hoping something will pop. I absolutely meant no offense, and am sure you have way more experience here than I do.

• Options

The 3 roll did flip this morning but not long enough for me to do anything about it.

• Options

That was quick.
    Quiet on the western front. Not much 😁

• Options

I saw the blip. I had order processing and then kicked out. Probably not helping that I have 5 in the cart and the number available is tiny. And you can't adjust quantity of an item that is no longer available.

There were only three of the 2-roll sets available when I looked.

• Options

@Batman23 said:
    I saw the blip. I had order processing and then kicked out. Probably not helping that I have 5 in the cart and the number available is tiny. And you can't adjust quantity of an item that is no longer available.

You are able to adjust the quantity during those blips, but they don't tell you how many are available and becomes a guessing game that you don't actually have time to play.

• Options

@jshaulis said:

@Batman23 said:

You are able to adjust the quantity during those blips, but they don't tell you how many are available and becomes a guessing game that you don't actually have time to play.

I'm too busy hitting a check box and the place order button than to check for quantity available and changing my bag number. Blink twice and the game is over. Actually I think the game is over on these for me. I'm about done with waking up at 3;15 for a chance at so few remaining sets.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw the bags available and the 2 roll, but did not even see a blip on the 3 roll set....that had to be just that: a blip.

• Options

No action this morning.

• Options

Nothing this morning.

• Options

Nada

• Options

Nothing biting in my secret fishing hole.
    Setting up a second computer for monitoring 2 items is kinda fun. Saw nada for these 3-rollers😁

• Options

Time change messed me up apparently....was there any action this morning?

• Options

@jshaulis said:

I was sleeping. Judging from the responses the last couple days it seems like everyone else has been too.

• Options

@jshaulis said:

@Batman23 said:

@jshaulis said:

I was sleeping. Judging from the responses the last couple days it seems like everyone else has been too.

The past few days there has been nothing.

• Options

Nada. 🤨

• Options
    edited November 8, 2022 5:49AM

Son of a 🤨
    The dang app wouldn’t open. I have know idea what happened. I’m sure that what I’ve been getting up early for probably was available. I’m really pi*^ed.
    That’s the problem with living rural. We have really bad internet.
    Edit.
    My hunt may be ok as the sold out sign is Not up. Still “remind me “. That’s on my secret quest coin 🧐

• Options

I woke up to see the eclipse last night to only be shown a cloudy sky. Decided to get some bonus sleep. Oh well, congrats all!

• Options

Congrats to those that scored. I was thinking this might be a good day. I woke up and saw 3:31 on the clock and thought it's already over if it ever started and went back to sleep for another hour.

• Options

They always appear when I don't check. :#

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the shipping notice already, so that was pretty quick. I am done with these for this year and good luck to the rest in trying to snag one last one....see you all next year.......oh and i have noticed the subscription window for next year has been open every time I have checked.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

Sales are posted at 7562 now which is less than the 7566 posted this time last week. Last week they made several sales after that 7566 posting so I thought we were down to just a few remaining. Something must have happened to dump some more inventory like that. Had I realized how many sets remained unsold I might have set an alarm and played the game this morning.

• Options

I was up this morning, no action.

• Options
    edited November 9, 2022 5:37AM

Beaver and I reporting this morning 🦫
    We are up fishing a different hole. 🎣Didn’t see anything here or there😁🦫

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

No sets for me but I did see the game warden this morning.
    He was checking fishing license..... :#

• Options

Thank goodness Colorado provides free fishing licenses for those folks over 65😁🦫🎣
    Beaver is good as kids get to fish free🦫

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file