Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2022 American Women Quarters Three-Roll Set - Enrollment reduction from 3 to 1

2022 American Women Quarters Three-Roll Set™ – Anna May Wong Subscription Update
Dear Valued Mint Customer,
We are writing concerning your subscription for the 2022 American Women Quarters Three-Roll Set™ – Anna May Wong. Due to overwhelming demand and limited availability, your current subscription order for 3 has been updated and is now set at 1. In addition, all duplicate subscription orders have been updated and are now set at 0.

In cases where we have limited mintage products (e.g., legislatively mandated or Mint established production or mintage limits), the United States Mint may impose subscription order limits or household order limits. Please refer to our FAQ page for more information on limited-mintage product orders and household limits.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, however we feel that this course of action is fair and equitable for all customers who expressed a desire for this product. Thank you for your subscription, continued support and understanding.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

:)

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2022 11:35AM

Just got same email, checked my sub at Mint still shows 3. For now.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disappointing, but a Mint effort to please a wide customer base. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Project NumismaticsProject Numismatics Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

Received the same email.

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm guessing the wider distribution of "S" rolls will cause prices to be higher. Speculators will have fewer rolls to flip, and collectors who planned to sell their extra rolls will be more likely to keep their one roll. I also think that more collectors will keep their rolls intact, restricting the supply of single coins available for sale. Less supply on the secondary market = higher prices for the limited supply.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

@Overdate said:
    I'm guessing the wider distribution of "S" rolls will cause prices to be higher. Speculators will have fewer rolls to flip, and collectors who planned to sell their extra rolls will be more likely to keep their one roll. I also think that more collectors will keep their rolls intact, restricting the supply of single coins available for sale. Less supply on the secondary market = higher prices for the limited supply.

Was thinking the same thing around pricing.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

My email says 2 sets. Enrollment page still at 3 sets....... :#

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    OrlenaOrlena Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

I’ll be curious to see how this all shakes out. I called the mint and the girl said the email was sent in error to everyone, but should have gone to only those who ordered more than three. She claimed my order for 1 was still good. The 25th should solve the mystery…..

• Options

The US Mint shouldn't do this kind of stuff.... it's just wong.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2022 4:43PM

My enrollment still sez 2 sets. But nothing has processed yet and none of my other enrollments have changed quantity. Although none are more than 3. 😁

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

Everyone will be reduced to 1.

• Options

@coiner said:
    Everyone will be reduced to 1.

How do you know this? Just curious because Here’s what the product listing sez😁

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

What a f#!$&@% joke. I was in on these when they first came out had enrollments for 5 sets, cut back bc I didn't need/want 5 but had gotten 5 of the Sally Ride sets. The USM cut my enrollments so for Wilma Mankiller I only got a total of 1 set from 3 different enrollments (I needed 2 as I had committed a set to a friend). For the ina Otero Warren release they sent me 3 now for this new release the email says my enrollment for 1 has been changed to 0 and according to the same email all my other enrollments my case an enrollment for 2 has been changed to 0 also. The USM can go _ themselves!

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

This is how. Could be wrong. Note the "one set per subscription per year" statement

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Many of the E-bay presales will be cancelled. Will be very interesting to see where these will be available after release.

• Options

@smuglr said:
    What a f#!$&@% joke. I was in on these when they first came out had enrollments for 5 sets, cut back bc I didn't need/want 5 but had gotten 5 of the Sally Ride sets. The USM cut my enrollments so for Wilma Mankiller I only got a total of 1 set from 3 different enrollments (I needed 2 as I had committed a set to a friend). For the ina Otero Warren release they sent me 3 now for this new release the email says my enrollment for 1 has been changed to 0 and according to the same email all my other enrollments my case an enrollment for 2 has been changed to 0 also. The USM can go _ themselves!

The USM is cracking down at this point on individuals with multiple accts and multiple enrollments. If the enrollments are for the same product then essentially you were evading the enrollment limits with multiple enrollments for the same product. They are correct by cancelling those enrollments.
    I may not agree with the Amt you can buy—especially with dealers getting advance preference on some products—but there were many hogs that had orders of 99 on the first qtr release—-this should have never been allowed on a 7620 available roll set product count.
    Additionally, the USM should never make available
    More than 50% of an issue to subscriptions, giving those a fair shot on launch day.

• Options

Triple the mintage on the 2023 quarters.

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Triple the mintage on the 2023 quarters.

The United States Mint loses money on these sets. Even if the Mint doubled the price on these offerings, the Mint would still lose money. Since the Mint is mandated to be profitable on the numismatic side (bullion side also) then the Mint chose to cut back on mintages of these offerings that lose money so as they do Not have to continue to raise prices on the items that are profitable...

• Options

Cut the mintage in half on the 2023 quarters.

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Cut the mintage in half on the 2023 quarters.

That is going in the right direction.
    FY2020 the Mint sold 409,000 units and Lost $9.2 Million
    FY2021 the Mint cut back Mintages and sold 169,000 units and Only Lost $2.9 Million...

• Options
    Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭

It doesn't seem like the mint even knows what is going on. you talk with one person, get one story. Someone else talks to another person, gets a different version. Wait until your CC is charged. I think that happens once the product is released for sale and before it s shipped. That will tell you how many you will get.

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2022 10:34AM

@coiner said:
    The USM is cracking down at this point on individuals with multiple accts and multiple enrollments. If the enrollments are for the same product then essentially you were evading the enrollment limits with multiple enrollments for the same product. They are correct by cancelling those enrollments.

Not true. I originally had 3 enrollments for a total of 5 sets when there was no limit at all (99). I didn't need/want 5 any longer and cut back to 3 sets on 3 separate enrollments (I forward 1 to a family member and 1 to a friend - at cost). When the USM without any notice deleted 1 of my enrollments I had 2 enrollments remaining 1 for 2 sets and the other for 1 set. To send notice and say my enrollment for 1 has been changed to 0 and any duplicate enrollments set to 0 leaves me with a total of 0 sets you can't spin that as fair.

• Options

First of all, why would you have 3 enrollments for 5 sets when you could handle that with one enrollment.
    Sounds fishy to me.

• Options

Set one enrollment up and you wouldn’t have an issue. Of course you would only get one 3 roll set.

• Options

@coiner said:
    First of all, why would you have 3 enrollments for 5 sets when you could handle that with one enrollment.
    Sounds fishy to me.

resale of sealed boxes of 5 sets ea. vs. a sealed box with 15 sets. smart move.

• Options

my order summary still shows three sets and I have not received an email saying otherwise.

• Options

@derryb said:
    my order summary still shows three sets and I have not received an email saying otherwise.

My order showed 3, until I checked this morning. Down to 1.

• Options

Mine was 3 yesterday, showing 2 this morning..... :#

• Options

Yesterday it said October 25. Now TBA. 🙃. Still 2.

• Options
    CoffeeTimeCoffeeTime Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

It’s nice when the mint director is also a collector.

• Options

Mint changed my enrollment from 3 to 1 overnight. Tried to bump it back to 3 but could not do so. Guess I will only get 1. Don't know how this will impact future releases.

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 23, 2022 7:51AM

So far, no changes, I have two orders, 1 for Qty-2 and 1 for a Qty-1. Both labeled as shipped (which we know hasn't). Not sure what will played out....

• Options

2023-S Bessie Coleman quarters at 300,160

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

They Reduced my 3 sets to 2 and I was giving my 3rd one to my local dealer for cost and still believe I will be able to get one or 1 more when the window opens up. So Next year there reducing the 3 roll sets to 7,504 which is 116 less than this year. Crazy. Reading there new wording I can only guess we will all get just 1 FREE subscription to each release next year.

But yet it also says order limit of three on the 2023 so will see. I also Noticed this morning the Mankiller Bags D and P are available as is the 2 roll set. The op has had his 20 sets and 15 sets on the bst for months with no buyers so that kinda tells me the dealers are not just buying these all up. I do think its crazy they can just change some orders and not others and will be interested to see how many sets the OP gets this next week? Good luck.......

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2022 8:54AM

• Options
    edited October 23, 2022 9:33AM

Requested 2 and 2 are processing. CC dinged. So, I guess I got lucky. Hopefully everything will straighten out for everyone else I wondered if the problems are with new enrollments? Had mine for a while and have received the amount requested each time 😁

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

Mine shows the same.

I tried to bump up my subscription quantity to 3 and it told me nice try but nope.

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    2023-S Bessie Coleman quarters at 300,160

Why not round that to 7,500 rolls and 300,000 quarters? What is the purpose of that extra 4 rolls?
    I see they also included a HHL this time.

• Options
    WALLEWALLE Posts: 234 ✭✭✭✭

Once enrolled do you need to subscribe everytime a NEW quarter is released ?

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

My enrollment was dropped from 3 to 1 and I was charged for just 1 today.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

@WALLE said:

No 😁

• Options
    WALLEWALLE Posts: 234 ✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@WALLE said:

No 😁

Thanks

• Options

@cheezhed said:
    My enrollment was dropped from 3 to 1 and I was charged for just 1 today.

What the heck? You’ve been enrolled for the others, correct. I’m really wondering how and why they are doing this 🧐

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2022 4:34AM

@Joe_360 said:
    So far, no changes, I have two orders, 1 for Qty-2 and 1 for a Qty-1. Both labeled as shipped (which we know hasn't). Not sure what will played out....

Well, it appears that two orders were completed, they cancelled one of the Qty-2 and also kept the order for the single order. If everything stays as is, I should get 2 sets...

• Options

3 Cut to 1, charged CC today for 1 order.

• Options

Again. I was wondering if those of you who are getting reduced are recent sign ups for the program.
    Is this the first enrollment you are receiving after signing up? It’s strange that some are getting zero changes to their quantity and some are being cut.
    Anyone? 😁

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Again. I was wondering if those of you who are getting reduced are recent sign ups for the program.
    Is this the first enrollment you are receiving after signing up? It’s strange that some are getting zero changes to their quantity and some are being cut.
    Anyone? 😁

I have been signed up since before the first set this year. My number has been reduced like everyone else.

• Options

I was a late enrollee. This would be my first shipment which was reduced to 1 from 3.

• Options

Thanks
    Now I am confused because we have no rhyme or reason as one formite is new and one signed up from the start. 🙃

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file