Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

August, 2004

LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭

How are things in the coin world? Your very own Longacre has not been on for a while, but I was waxing nostalgic and logged in. I went into my private messages, and scrolled through the old times. My first private message was from August, 2004, which, incredibly, was 18 years ago. I almost began to weep, seeing all of the screen names and the back and forth. Messages from Dentuck and the Coinosaurus brought back fond memories. Interactions and banter with RYK provided a special smile on Longacre's face. I hope everyone is doing well. I need to check out some threads and see what I missed. I need to do a search and find my first thread. I am sure it was memorable. ;)

Always took candy from strangers
Didn't wanna get me no trade
Never want to be like papa
Working for the boss every night and day
--"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

Comments

• Options
    CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back.

• Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭✭

Are you back for good? Or just doing a momentary come back?

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back, Longacre!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2022 6:49PM

Time to put on your non-smoking smoking jacket, kick back in your overstuffed armchair with a snifter of cognac and refresh this page in anticipation of all the "welcome back" messages. Is Consuela still on staff or has she moved up to managing your staff?

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

welcome back :)

Sometimes the dragon wins

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back.... I hope you stick around. I am sure you will find a quite a few of the old timers still posting. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back, Longacre.

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 21, 2022 6:49AM

Welcome back. Time marches on. I just rec'd my 'Ancient Membership' badge, which means that I've been here for 11 years. I had to LOL, when it said, 'Nobody can remember a time when this person wasn't a member'. :D Hope you stick around. Consuela can assist you with your posting. :D

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

The smoking jacket is lit!
    Er,
    Welcome back.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,835 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope all is well... please start where you left off as I always enjoyed your posts

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭

Omg! That picture. How did I forget? And Consuela did get promoted. She brings Longacre his smoking jacket and snifter of brandy each evening

Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet!

peacockcoins

• Options
    ms71ms71 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

Successful BST transactions: EagleEye, Christos, Proofmorgan,
    Coinlearner, Ahrensdad, Nolawyer, RG, coinlieutenant, Yorkshireman, lordmarcovan, Soldi, masscrew, JimTyler, Relaxn, jclovescoins

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you sumthin' . . . . that ain't an optical illusion, it only looks like an optical illusion.

My mind reader refuses to charge me....
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well hopefully you’ll stick around a little longer than the short pit stops you’ve made over the last several years :p
    Nice to have you back.

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to have you back.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome back! 🥳

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2022 2:30PM

@Longacre said:
    I need to check out some threads and see what I missed. I need to do a search and find my first thread. I am sure it was memorable. ;)

you will probably see it but if you don't there is an archived "radio button" to check to get into the really old stuff.

last time i did this i remember a lot of the first threads were blank or the pages were blank so it may take some doing.

happy hunting!

edited to add:

once you search by your name, archvie, forum etc and press enter to where you are on the 1st page of the list, you can see the url above, the page number, you can just change that number to jump around significantly easier/quicker but you won't see that page=X until you go to another page other than 1.

my page 507 is blank as-is many before it, so i started putting in like page 300, 350 etc to get to the "real" last page/post.

you can bookmark some/one thread that is old and perhaps not have to search it again?

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file