Home Metal Detecting
Options

Artifacts are cool too

Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm digging a 1790's one room schoolhouse. No noteworthy coins yet, but this escutcheon plate is interesting. It is early colonial and the crazy leaf keyhole cover is very cool. Why that much detail? Me no know. The other appears to be an early vehicle fluid gauge but I'm kinda stumped. If you recognize it, let us know. Enjoy. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cannot help with any information Roy, but certainly interesting. What is that little token by the fork handle? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

i like it

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko just a gold colored token with horoscope symbols and the word TARO. When I saw the first glint of gold, I thought could it be? And it wasn't. The hunt continues. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Namvet69 ... Thanks for the reply Roy.... I figured it was not a high value item, just could not make out the detail. Keep looking.... Gold is out there. Like the old Prospectors used to say.... "Gold is where you find it.".... That was derived from the fact that one could never predict where gold might show up... so they looked everywhere. Cheers, RickO