Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

CAC,,,

Where have the CAC Morgan’s gone? Only a few in the HA, GC offerings. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TomB said:
    Hasn't ebay already burned down under a smoldering pile of 1099s?

Not yet, but buying coins there carries the stigma of shopping at Walmart if some of the posts here are to be believed. So there's that...

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like Walmart just need to have your phone ready to take the pic. The People of Walmart look it up some good ones on there.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TomB said:

Maybe it's just me but I don't remember this big of a fuss when stock brokerage houses stater issuing 1099's. Before the brokerage houses issued 1999's people would hold their stocks in street name to not have transactions or dividends reported to the IRS.

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fishpro said:
    Where have the CAC Morgan’s gone? Only a few in the HA, GC offerings. Any ideas?

CAC is shut down again, maybe GC/HA were inundating them so they pulled the plug on them a bit earlier than everybody else.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2022 5:32AM

The $30 price tag is a high bar of entry for many submissions of common dates. As one of the top auction pros told me once when I asked if they would be interested in an MS67 Morgan cac in a somewhat better date which was listed on GS at $2700 or so, "we only deal in rare coins!" So I guess the weenies like some of us need to live with dealing with "dreck".

• Options
    JMoo100JMoo100 Posts: 112 ✭✭

Totally agree with the above posts. EBay is an absolute dumpster fire these days. ‘Demise’ is generous.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JMoo100 said:
    Totally agree with the above posts. EBay is an absolute dumpster fire these days. ‘Demise’ is generous.

WE were being sarcastic.

Ebay is the greatest coin marketplace that has ever existed!

• Options
    JMoo100JMoo100 Posts: 112 ✭✭

@jmlanzaf ya, I was teasing you ❤️

• Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭✭✭

@logger7 said:
    The $30 price tag is a high bar of entry for many submissions of common dates.

It's $35 for coins valued over $$10,000. Under, it's $16.

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DisneyFan said:

@logger7 said:
    The $30 price tag is a high bar of entry for many submissions of common dates.

It's $35 for coins valued over $$10,000. Under, it's $16.

No more regular service.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2022 5:57AM

@Fishpro.... Place a notice in the BST forum here for CAC Morgans.... I am sure you will get offers... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like time for a new beaner. If you market they will come.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    Looks like time for a new beaner. If you market they will come.

It takes a whole lot more than marketing.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,024 ✭✭✭

@MasonG said:

@TomB said:

Not yet, but buying coins there carries the stigma of shopping at Walmart if some of the posts here are to be believed. So there's that...

I have been buying off of Ebay for 15+ years and NO PROBLEMS.....you just have to do your homework.

TC71

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file