Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Sale price of GSA CC Morgans

ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 17, 2022 9:49PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I have a client that showed me their inherited coin collection today and they may want me to help them dispose of it. Most of it was low-to-mid grade 20th century silver that would go for a multiple of spot, but he also had 2 GSA dollars. 1882 CC and 1884 CC, both in original packaging. I was in the office with not great lighting but I would say minimum MS63s, likely 64s.
I’ve checked coinfacts, but don’t know if there’s a big difference in “raw” and graded if he wanted cash from a shop or at a show.
Thanks for the help!

*exit to add: BST might be an option later, but now I’m trying to give him a concept of what to expect and know if he tries on his own what’s reasonable

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wholesale bid on common date GSA's is down to $285.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,844 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:

Whose bid is that? Greysheet is still $315

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys.
    I’ll let him know. Am I right to assume that these are a little more liquid than regular raw dollars?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 18, 2022 6:47AM

@ShaunBC5... Some collectors prefer them 'as issued'... So there is a niche market for them. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭✭✭

They had been on fire, bring mid 300, but have since cooled down to 280-310 range

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@DelawareDoons said:

Whose bid is that? Greysheet is still $315

Upstate. Imperial was at 290 last I looked too, but that was last Friday I think. Not sure what the boys at Northern Nevada are paying but they're usually no more than $10 ahead of everybody else, if they're buying.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options

@ShaunBC5 said:
    Thanks guys.
    I’ll let him know. Am I right to assume that these are a little more liquid than regular raw dollars?

They're all pretty liquid, but yeah GSA's are very liquid.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file