topstuf
    BillDugan1959
    3keepSecretif2rDEAD
    Keets
    Coinstartled

All are banned

Don't forget @Outhaul, :)

That one made me sad. :(

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2022 2:29AM

@PerryHall said:
    I believe in reincarnation. Nuff said. ;)

Good belief as a few have actually been reincarnated!

• Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭✭

I have seen loads of 60's proof Jeffersons with that toning, but never a 70s. I like it.

imageimage

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

DIMEMAN is high on my list.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most....too much time on the internet.

• Options
    breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another knowledgeable poster that departed is Bushmaster. I have seen him pop up on other forums.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2022 6:44PM

@ricko said:
    @Paradisefound ... Keets is still around, but he took a break. I have not heard from him in a while, I will check on him. Cheers, RickO

Ricko, Keets was banned because of some nonsense over on the sports forum. He and I were sending PMs back and forth the night before it happened. Cleveland Browns issues. ....he got a little over heated.......he loves that team.... I miss that guy. Yea, he could get on your nerves, but boys will be boys.......No big deal.....

P.S. I know you two are friends. If you make contact with him......tell him that I send my best!....Thanks, Ricko.

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    You can include Conder101 who literally wrote the book on the history of slabs and documented over two hundred different slabbing companies. I also miss RWB who was a numismatic author and coin expert.

Yeah, I was wondering what happened to Conder101... he was quite prolific when I posted here early on, but then I took a bit of a hiatus and didnt see him when I returned...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe the Colonel was banned from the CAC forum. I had no idea what he was talking about most of the time but when he was lucid his pearls were invaluable.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ColonelJessup?

@skier07 said:
    I believe the Colonel was banned from the CAC forum. I had no idea what he was talking about most of the time but when he was lucid his pearls were invaluable.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skier07 said:

ColonelJessup was banned here also but somehow was granted membership again, but hasn't posted since.

• Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paradise must like the bad boys

She does. I speak from personal experience but somehow I have managed to survive here. I doubt that my surviving being banned has anything to do with my chick magnet personality, however. >:)

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    edited August 9, 2022 11:07PM

🥰 been FUN since my return though ☺️ thanks for chiming in 😘

• Options

Would be dreadful for me if I were to be banned from posting here. Thank you, Paradisefound, for being a friend. :) It's always good hearing from you.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options

@amwldcoin
    R U in jail ?

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bars on one's avatar mean that you are on probation and now have two strikes.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

I wondered what that was all about.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan said:

@PerryHall said:

Eventually the bars come off after a period of time. I've seen others here put in forum jail so it's not really something new. It beats being banned.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    lermishlermish Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@lordmarcovan said:

@PerryHall said:

Eventually the bars come off after a period of time. I've seen others here put in forum jail so it's not really something new. It beats being banned.

Unfortunately it looks like the ban hammer came down. I always look at somebody's last few days of posts before getting banned. I didn't see anything objectionable. I guess PMs or something? Too bad...he could certainly be divisive but was an interesting viewpoint.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lermish said:

@PerryHall said:

@lordmarcovan said:

@PerryHall said:

Unfortunately it looks like the ban hammer came down. I always look at somebody's last few days of posts before getting banned. I didn't see anything objectionable. I guess PMs or something? Too bad...he could certainly be divisive but was an interesting viewpoint.

Sometimes the offending posts are edited or deleted and you won't find them. I missed it but I'm guessing that happened here??

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,888 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a shame. I looked at his last several posts and didn't see anything disturbing.

As others suggested, maybe some posts were edited or there were PMs.

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will certainly miss his SLD thread.

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2022 4:12AM

@Paradisefound said:
    @amwldcoin
    R U in jail ?

Effective August 11, 2022 2:33PM, @amwldcoin is now BANNED:

• Options
    FrankHFrankH Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some may have been slabbed. Literally. :o

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinHoarder said:

@Paradisefound said:
    @amwldcoin
    R U in jail ?

Effective August 11, 2022 2:33PM, @amwldcoin is now BANNED:

He was a little snarky but I liked him, overall. I really enjoyed watching him put together that Seated dollar set. He was progressing, so quickly, with coins of really nice quality. I feel sad that I won't be able to congratulate him and watch him finish.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

i don't post often, but i'm back

• Options
    TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

KEETS got BANHAMMERED?!?!?! wow...... hard to believe..... He [to me] is one of the most knowledgable nickel collectors......

• Options
    JMoo100JMoo100 Posts: 112 ✭✭

What are some of the more typical reasons that will less to someone getting banned? How can it be that people who (at least anecdotally) bring value to the community are not permitted to participate in it any longer?

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JMoo100 said:
    What are some of the more typical reasons that will less to someone getting banned? How can it be that people who (at least anecdotally) bring value to the community are not permitted to participate in it any longer?

Well, there are rules posted. Repeated violations must have consequences.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Catbert said:

Of course provoking and troll baiting isn't so much of a crime as reacting.

I take it out on my keyboard for the main part. ;)

Tempus fugit.
  • Options

@cladking said:

@Catbert said:

Of course provoking and troll baiting isn't so much of a crime as reacting.

I take it out on my keyboard for the main part. ;)

• Options

Here’s a toast to civility, staying on topic, and making less work for our moderators!

Staying on topic is an ideal. I think a little drifting off topic is okay as long as reasonable people can agree it's not totally goofy drifting off topic. It's when civility and decorum go majorly south that should concern us. That's where the moderators step in.

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

I miss BongoBongo.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anybody know the whereabouts of @mercurydimeguy ?
    Gone for over a year now

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    @amwldcoin
    R U in jail ?

He's now banned also.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JMoo100 said:

Several of those members were banned for political postings or offensive posts, or both. Jessup had a public breakdown and demanded, using vulgar language, to be banned. Some of them repeatedly trashed corporate entities despite repeated warnings. None of them were ever banned for discussing coins.

• Options

They might also commented in Sport Forum where discussion could get very heated …….. without any odd to win….. so it’s not limited to this board but within the CU family 🤔

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2022 10:15PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@Paradisefound said:
    @amwldcoin
    R U in jail ?

He's now banned also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    edited August 15, 2022 9:53PM

and indeed ….. the Truth needs to wisely be told

@jmlanzaf said:

@JMoo100 said:

Several of those members were banned for political postings or offensive posts, or both. Jessup had a public breakdown and demanded, using vulgar language, to be banned. Some of them repeatedly trashed corporate entities despite repeated warnings. None of them were ever banned for discussing coins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file