Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Pickups from the last week or two. I have a soft spot for the old soap box holders.

Appreciate everyone's feedback on my paranoia post. Here's all the goodies I've scooped up recently. I had to sell off a portion of my collection to fund a home renovation and now that that's over and I had some extra cash I began readding here and there.

Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics

Comments

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    justmenutty72justmenutty72 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

And this..is my BOOM STICK!! 🤣😂👍👍👍love that background and the movie 👍👍😎 nice coins too. I like the holders also, but the coins have to be properly graded.

• Options
    BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

@justmenutty72 said:
    And this..is my BOOM STICK!! 🤣😂👍👍👍love that background and the movie 👍👍😎 nice coins too. I like the holders also, but the coins have to be properly graded.

LMAO! I was hoping someone would point it out! That's actually a custom mouse pad I had made. I love me some Bruce Campbell! Thank you and Aspie for the kind words!

Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • Options
    justmenutty72justmenutty72 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWZMVmjHhf8

>
    >
    >
    I love those chills at the end. So satisfying 😂🤣😂😝

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool.
    That 13P quarter is tough coin in AU in ANY holder.

I like these as well, and a number of my large cents are in holders like yours.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you mean soap bar not box but we get your point. Very nice selection! 👍🏻 I have several key dates in those old ANACS slabs as well.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

I do love that Quarter Walkerguy and Oakstar I've seen them used interchangeably. I'll start calling them soap-yourpreferredsecondnounhere holders :lol: I actually never knew which one was the "right" one.

Justin From Jersey

• Options
    edited July 26, 2022 12:24PM

What does soap box refer to?......the slab itself?

I always thought the term soap bar referred to the small white hotel soap bars.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

Yeah that was how I thought of it.

Justin From Jersey

• Options

I guess it means something like this.

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah, I think of them as hotel soap bars. nice pickups!

• Options
    bob48bob48 Posts: 453 ✭✭✭

Always like the ANACS soap bar holders as they do tone the coins nicely.
    Been collecting them for about 20 years now.
    Have all of the different ANACS photo certs along with around two hundred soap bar holders.

Bob

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent use of your extra cash. Nice coins... That 1910 gold Indian looks better than a 62. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Thank you yeah I love that one. I just picked up this one too. I swear to god I'm done now for awhile. I just couldn't say no.

Justin From Jersey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file