Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The most popular thread by far

BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that people come to this forum just to get the latest "humor".

"The forum needs a little humor" has chalked up 729 posts since June 16th. WOW.

I guess we all have to laugh during these times we live in just to keep from crying...........

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon

Comments

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinbuf you’re missing out. There are a million posts, so it’s not all quality, but there’s a lot of good safe humor in there.

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

I visit that thread to pass along the bits of humor with my co-workers.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I enjoy that thread, and post when I see a good joke or cartoon. Some really good laughs in there. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    dogwooddogwood Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭

Early on favorite:
    “a squirrel walks into a bar….”
    Haven’t gone past page 20.

We're all born MS70. I'm about a Fine 15 right now.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it, but I'm a little biased to the Friday pictures thread. >:)

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2022 9:39AM

@marcmoish said:
    Lately one poster imho, just spams the thread and cheapens it with quantity over quality.

But agreed, this probably is the one of the best threads thanks to @ironmanl63 begun in beginning of Covid.

I used to visit and post on that thread but stopped a few months ago for the same reason.

It got boring wading through lots of; "not funny", "same one posted yesterday", and "borderline political", to find something that makes you laugh

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    I enjoy that thread, and post when I see a good joke or cartoon. Some really good laughs in there. Cheers, RickO

Don't be so modest Ricko.....you OWN that thread!......Thanks for the laughs!....Good stuff!

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL. That's a good one for the Humor thread.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a great source of dad jokes with which to torment my teens.

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options
    stawickstawick Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2022 12:56PM

I keep checking in that thread, some great stuff there for sure (even if repeated) ... a few I've passed on to friends / family (and I almost never do that).
    There has been some spammage via mircoscope-based humor. (The 1 person I now ignore.)
    Not that big a deal, but occasionally it appears someone is confused whether they're in the humor or random pix thread. ;) I wanna tell 'em -

Hey buddy. This is the humor thread. Random pix is down the hall. Now silly-walk yerself 2 doors past "Arguments" on the right, and you're there.

:D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file