Home U.S. Coin Forum

Suggestions on a future "W" Quarter selling notion?

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 5, 2022 10:00AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guys,
Most of you know about my W Quarter CRHunting accumulation. Up to this point, I have 127!
However, my actual W's in my inventory, not counting my graded ones and all the ones I gave away, has a quantity of 100.
My question to you guys. I'm contemplating of selling all 100. All different from the 10 2019's/2020's. Most at Mint State and/or AU.
I'm thinking of a value of $1000? That's an average of only $10 a piece! Pretty fair price for sure. Esp by the most popular ones, 2019 Memorials, and 2020 Rockefellers, Weir Farms and Tallgrass Prairies.
I only want to sell as a whole, all 100 only.
Fair asking price or no?
Thanks guys.
:)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say it is very fair. Especially if you have multiple complete sets.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 5, 2022 11:14AM

@OAKSTAR said:
    I would say it is very fair. Especially if you have multiple complete sets.

Thanks.
    Yeah, about the possible sets? I really haven't checked precisely if I do in fact have a set or two. I should, most definitely.
    I'll have to examine much further. I will separate all the individual W's to see what I really have. I do know, I have many Memorials, Tallgrass Prairie and Rockefellers.
    Thanks

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

New Pick up

Hunting to add to my "W"
    inventory!
    :D

128?

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Put the lot on the BST and see if there is any interest at that price level. If the market for them is hot then this is the time to sell.

All glory is fleeting.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck with the w Joe

• Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Joey,
    $10 per coin is very fair especially in MS/AU condition.

Good Luck!

@291fifth said:
    Put the lot on the BST...

Thanks, I did what you suggested.
    Placed it on the BST Forum.
    ;)

B)

• vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe the suggestion was for you to try to SELL your coins on BST, not to post your question there.

Vplite99
  • KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look up rolls of W's people put together and sold on ebay.
    Quite the premium!
    Food for thought... https://www.ebay.com/itm/394123775300?hash=item5bc39b8d44:g:xXUAAOSwS5VguSmt

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 5, 2022 5:22PM

Speaking of these types of rolls...apparently this same seller had 41 rolls of beautiful Weir Farm W's amongst his other bajillions of W's... How the heck did he/she get all those W's!?!?!

Their last available roll of their original 41 Weir Farm W's for $579.95!
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/154478988012?hash=item23f7aa4aec:g:xXUAAOSwS5VguSmt

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu said:
    How the heck did he/she get all those W's!?!?!

The same way Joey did.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

@joeykoins said:

New Pick up

Hunting to add to my "W"
    inventory!
    :D

128?

No additional W's in this box.
    :/
    Back to the drawing board.

@joeykoins
    Ouch! A whole box and nothing! Getting harder and harder to find for sure. Well at least you can still get boxes!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeyCoins .... I would guess that the sets (if you have complete sets by date) would sell the best with a significant premium - rather than the entire lot. JMO..... High quality specimens will always find a market. Cheers, RickO

• matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be surprised if anyone wanted to buy the whole thing but I hope you find a buyer.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 6, 2022 4:56PM

@Kurisu said:
    Speaking of these types of rolls...apparently this same seller had 41 rolls of beautiful Weir Farm W's amongst his other bajillions of W's... How the heck did he/she get all those W's!?!?!

I sold him hundreds of Unc. Ws back when I was buying and searching new coin boxes for the Ws. He was buying all I had for a couple of months. For a while he was getting the best one's graded and selling them on ebay. In all I found and sold a couple of thousand of the W uncircs, mainly on ebay. That's how I got hooked up with him. I still get 12 boxes of quarters a week to search for rolls of the new quarter releases. I don't bother to search the circulated rolls (like Joey pictured) for Ws. Have not seen a box of 2020-2021's (the W's) since early 2022. I imagine there are still some mint bags of them laying around the federal reserve branch banks that have not been turned over the armored carriers for rolling.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

edited July 6, 2022 4:40PM

@derryb said:

@Kurisu said:

I sold him hundreds of Unc. Ws back when I was buying and searching new coin boxes. He was buying all I had for a couple of months. For a while he was getting the best one's graded and selling them on ebay. In all I found and sold a couple of thousand of the W uncircs, mainly on ebay. That's how I got hooked up with him. I still get 12 boxes of quarters a week to search for rolls of the new quarter releases. I don't bother to search the circulated rolls (like Joey pictured) for Ws. Have not seen a box of 2020-2021's (the W's) since early 2022. I imagine there are still some mint bags of them laying around the federal reserve branch banks that have not been turned over the armored carriers for rolling.

Hi, where are you able to get 12 boxes of quarters a week? What are you looking for if not W's?

All my banks state that they only receive a limited number of quarters (~1box a week), and I have to make multiple visits and swap rolls from what I have searched...

Thanks

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 6, 2022 4:55PM

I have three credit unions that sell me a total of six boxes a week. I use the boxes I buy (once I verify with a quick look that they are not shiny new coins) to turn right around and trade with local banks for sealed quarter boxes. I actually end up with too many boxes each week and have to sell some to the banks. Because I sell/supply these banks with boxes of carrier rolled quarters (again, my quick look tells me no need to open the rolls) in their time of need, they return the favor by trading my open (still in the Loomis wrappers) boxes for sealed boxes. I'm focusing on rolls of the new women's quarters, lots of collectors like to buy them and search them. I don't bother to search them myself.

As was with the W searching, normally new coins fill the whole box. This whole 12 box routine is conducted in one day, going from CU to bank, I have a routine and they all expect me on that day. With the banks most of the swapping takes place at the commercial lane drive thru. Many of the tellers are kind enough to hold on to a sealed box or two for me. I also have them hold rolled and loose half dollars for me which go into the CU coin machine if they have no silver.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

@derryb,
    How much are you getting for your women rolls if you don't mind me asking. you can PM me if you want to keep it private, thankls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file