Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New Orleans coin

GulfRastaGulfRasta Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
edited June 21, 2022 9:12AM in U.S. Coin Forum

How is this a New Orleans coin? Are these graded. I've got to go to work. I need a New Orleans mint coin for the mojo for the gris gris. It's a Caribbean religion charm. I can take coin and get a voodoo priestess to put a positive mojo on it. I can video tape the whole thing including making a certificate of authenticity.
Is that even legal? Hmm. What if I disclaimer. It's all for entertainment purposes and enhance the ownership expirience.
" 2021 Us Mint Morgan Dollar .999 Silver Coin-new Orleans Mint In Ogp "
Ok. Made in Philly in honor of New Orleans. That's what I'm talking about. New Orleans made Philadelphia. Philadelphia didn't make New Orleans.
I'm going all Juneteenth now. I'm stopping before I go off again.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/203918634629?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

But I will fight for the mint to go to New Orleans. Move the OAS to New Orleans. Do something besides election integrity.
Work on an Amerizone common currency. The dollar.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 18, 2022 1:53PM

@Cranium_Basher73 If it were only that simple my brother. Have you ever been to New Orleans? It's a one of a kind place.
    Tourists buy mojo's here by the case. Up to $500. You buy shiny bits of metal. They buy chicken bones and feathers with the power of the voodoo gods.
    I grew up Catholic. I have degree from Jesuit U.
    There's real illuminati type stuff out there. I swear to Rasta Jesus. You want to know the successful conspiracies? Follow the coins.
    Right? That's what you do isn't it?

• Options

And @Cranium_Basher73
    How many voodoo dollars shall I put you down for?
    I'm starting with a $200 premium. All proceeds to lobby for a mint to return to New Orleans.
    Run by the State of Louisiana under contract and charter from the US mint.
    Undercut the other mints.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GulfRasta said:
    How is this a New Orleans coin?

The did the same for Carson City, I won't have one. BS crap. I'm into history but not their kind of history.

bob :(

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

@ifthevamzarockin Have you seen national treasure 1 or 2. I'm at work. Hard to respond. I'll try. I'm a Creole Prophet but I'm classically educated. I hold multiple degrees. Just admit there's far more out there you don't know than what you know.

• Options

@AUandAG
    AU Auburn baseball plays at CWS today.
    War Silver Eagles

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin
    " Catholic Order Pledges $100 Million to Atone for Slave Labor and Sales
    The move by Jesuit priests is the largest such effort by the Roman Catholic Church and comes amid growing calls for reparations across the United States."
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/15/us/jesuits-georgetown-reparations-slavery.html
    One person's insanity is another person's clarity.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice a religious zealot, always good for the weekend.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Just admit there's far more out there you don't know than what you know."

Okay..... I'll admit it if you will admit you've been smokin' Tide Pods. ;)

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin I can prove my words. Neil DeGrasse Tyson's white ancestor got the money.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/François_Joseph_Paul_de_Grasse

• Options

I will say it again.

• Options

This is why there is a warning on Tod Pods "Do not eat or smoke" ;)

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin we'll have to do this again some other time I'm slammed at work.

• Options

That's what I'm doing. Training Latin college girls. I walk the walk too.

• Options

Well I guess I need to come and train you to train them. ;)

Those floors don't look like they have been swept in a couple of days.
    You have sauced pies on the rack and one of them appears to be growing green lumps unless they are avocados.
    There is cheese all over..... cheese is money!
    The topping cooler door is open.

• Options

Dude. Really. You don't know much then. I'm out.

• Options
    rokkyrokky Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭

Your ride is here. Say hi to Mork for me! Nanu nanu.

• Options
    edited June 18, 2022 8:53PM

I typed a whole answer but it disappeared. The mods prolly felt sorry for me. Just give me a chance and stayed tuned.
    That's probably the best I can do for you at the moment.

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, for a minute there I thought I was back in the 60s.................whew

• Options
    edited June 18, 2022 9:48PM

@alaura22 I'm mixed and I'm part black. People of color seem underrepresented in the coin collecting community. I'm used to being judged unfairly.
    I'm sorry my ancestors provided the bulk of the funding for the American Revolutionary War effort.
    I thought here people would understand. That since I tell the truth I wouldn't be called names yet again.
    My mother was North Korean.
    Do you want to use that now too?
    Go ahead. I've learned to be tough and take it.

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GulfRasta said:
    @alaura22 I'm mixed and I'm part black. People of color seem underrepresented in the coin collecting community. I'm used to being judged unfairly.
    I'm sorry my ancestors provided the bulk of the funding for the American Revolutionary War effort.
    I thought here people would understand. That since I tell the truth I wouldn't be called names yet again.
    My mother was North Korean.
    Do you want to use that now too?
    Go ahead. I've learned to be tough and take it.

Time to give yourself a timeout.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    rokkyrokky Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭

Oh brother, here we go with the race card. Bye now.

• Options
    Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

• Options
    Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

Couldn't get Jobu to come? Offer him a cigar and some rum next time.

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2022 11:02PM

@alaura22 said:
    Wow, for a minute there I thought I was back in the 60s.................whew

I was talking about peace, love, woodstock..................
    Mork & Mindy
    What the heck are you talking about?
    Excess me while I kiss the sky................
    Geezz

• Options
    edited June 18, 2022 11:10PM

I'm just telling the story that's true. I'm sorry it's like that. I can't change it. I wish I could and a big pile of space cash was there and it saved us all.
    It's a great story and it fits all the clues. The coin community should know this.
    And I want the coins to be worth even more and more used. I want the coin community to be my latest heroes.
    That was more my desired direction. Because I'm counting on facts.
    I gave the date. The amount. The coins. What they looked like. How they got there. Who took them.
    That's legit coin records.
    That's your wheelhouse .
    I ask for coin community parlay
    Later.

• Options

Oh and everyone. I also post on Newsweek.com as Gulf Rasta and say the same if not crazier stuff.. You can also ridicule me there as plenty of others do. They couldn't process the Creole Prophet stuff either. Gonna work on that.
    So if you think I'm cray cray, you've seen absolutely nothing yet, and you can't look away. It will get exponentially crazier including involving the governments of multiple countries in some sort of large celebration. That's my hope. And coins. Lots of coins.
    I just wanted a party and some recognition for underserved communities.
    I forgot that part. That's not that much to ask. And not for me. For others.

• Options
    edited June 19, 2022 12:37AM

Have you tried Sanka. How the coins came to be matter. Why are you so angry?
    It's time to tell the story. Like it or not. Get me banned. This place isn't much. Until then later. I'm not going away.
    America's and the world's coins are a race story too. It cannot be controlled or hidden by anyone.
    Juneteenth is true. And the coins are so too.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Voodoo shmoodoo.... all a bunch of rubbish. Been to New Orleans a few times... seen the shops, told them "Congratulations on making money off dummies!!" They laughed. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2022 6:48AM

@GulfRasta you are carrying a lot of baggage. Why not try to let some of that go.

You also seem obsessed with the darker sides of history. I'm all in favor of studying and learning about history - that's a big part of the draw of numismatics for me. But you can't live like you are personally experiencing it.

And a little word of advice. While you are so actively condemning people and institutions (and their modern descendents) for past transgressions, realize that one day it will be your turn to be blamed for benefitting off the injustices of your era. That's right - you are living in an era when there is slavery in the world and you are at least an indirect participant.

• Options

@JBK . You are correct and it has taken a toll. I've spent time with mental health professionals. I can't help it. My circumstances went far beyond my control and I'm lashing out the only way I know. But I have allies. Lawyers. Friends. People here. Captains of industry. I will also be contacting Lisa Jackson and Tim Cook with Apple. They are part of the story. Tim Cook grew up in Baldwin County Alabama too.

I often regret all this fell down upon me. But I have no choice. This is my DNA test results.

Korea 50%
    England & Northwestern Europe 10%
    Ireland 10%
    France 9%
    Senegal 5%
    Scotland 4%
    Benin & Togo 3%
    Northern Italy 3%
    Nigeria 2%
    Cameroon, Congo & Western Bantu Peoples 2%
    Mali 1%
    Norway 1%

So as you see. I have slave blood. How can you hide from that? Ignore that? You can't.

So I have one option as I see it. Go El Cid.
    Well ok. Mount the dead guy on a horse. I'm going El Cid. Reconquista Baby.
    Call Cervantes. Those windmills fall this week.

• Options
    edited June 19, 2022 7:25AM

@JBK Great advice. I paid that lawyer for this over a decade ago. I've been working this off and on since then. I don't know how else to convince you though it's overwhelming and impossible. Sisyphean. Quixotic. Promethean.
    I'm actually managing well. You can't live this everyday like this for a decade and survive. You are just seeing a flareup and it's Juneteenth.
    We'll all probably survive and one of my goals is to elevate the coin industry, not blame it. I love it in a good way. Can't you tell?
    They help me prove the truth. That's what I call heroic and honorable.
    That's my primary plan in that regard. To elevate this site with coinage or a medal. Show how this industry is a good thing if you just ask about the metal. I'm focusing now on it like a laser beam.
    Let's talk metal.

• Options

@GulfRasta "I've spent time with mental health professionals."

You need to go back and have them adjust your medications...... you're a train wreck!

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin Does insulting others make you feel better?

• Options

@GulfRasta I'm just telling the story that's true. I'm sorry it's like that. I can't change it.

Me too ;)

• Options
    edited June 19, 2022 9:58AM

@ifthevamzarockin By attacking me on a personal level! And you call yourself a Numismatists? How's that work? Don't you have standards? A mission statement? By laws?
    Just wait. And I'm not mad at you. I want to help everyone including you. You think this is my first rodeo? I had to pay 12 dollars just to tell my Colombian cousin part of the story. He doesn't know me. Our branches of the family separated in the 1740's.
    Getting back to the coins, there was a mint in Cartegena but not at the period in question. Interesting history there too.
    I've decided to ignore your insults.

• Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GulfRasta said:
    How is this a New Orleans coin?

it's not...it has a new orleans privy mark.

Are these graded.

this one isn't...its in the original mint packaging.

I've got to go to work.

ok

I need a New Orleans mint coin for the mojo for the gris gris. It's a Caribbean religion charm. I can take coin and get a voodoo priestess to put a positive mojo on it. I can video tape the whole thing including making a certificate of authenticity.

video tape? lawdy-mercy!

Is that even legal? Hmm.

you have freedom or religion.

New Orleans made Philadelphia. Philadelphia didn't make New Orleans.

philadelphia was founded several years before la nouvelle-orleans.

• Options
    edited June 19, 2022 9:52AM

"And you call yourself a Numismatists?"

I never said such a thing. ;)

"How's that work? Don't you have standards? A mission statement? By laws?"

Nope! :D:p

Edited to add:

"And I'm not mad at you."

I am not mad at you either. :)
    You are in serious need of a mental health professional and this coin forum is not where you will find the help you need. ;)

• Options
    JMoo100JMoo100 Posts: 112 ✭✭

@GulfRasta keep living your truth bro. The coin collector community is a great place to learn and grow. And it all starts with loving yourself because your beautiful bro

• Options
    edited June 19, 2022 10:19AM

@steveben "New Orleans made Philadelphia. Philadelphia didn't make New Orleans.

philadelphia was founded several years before la nouvelle-orleans."

In a financial and battlefield sense and not a chronological or cultural sense.

As for the legality of it, fortune telling for profit is often illegal. Profiting off of religious items is a questionable practice in many eyes.

• Options
    edited June 19, 2022 10:20AM

I can ignore certain posters. Thanks.
    I've got you blocked @ifthevamzarockin

• Options
    edwardjulioedwardjulio Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

End Systemic Elitism - It Takes All Of Us

This discussion has been closed.