Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Great ANS Long Table with John Kraljevich — U.S. countermarks on Foreign Coinage

JesseKraftJesseKraft Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 10, 2022 8:53AM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Hi All,

Here is a great Long Table that John ( @Pistareen ) gave for the ANS on April 29: "Like Stickers on a Steamer Trunk: A Century of American Merchant Countermarks on Foreign Coins, 1770-1870." I posted this in the U.S. forums as well, but since it spans both groups and I know some of you here don't venture over there, I decided to post in both.
Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEFmaNhP578&feature=youtu.be

Jesse C. Kraft, Ph.D.
Resolute Americana Curator of American Numismatics
American Numismatic Society
New York City

Member of the American Numismatic Association (ANA), British Numismatic Society (BNS), New York Numismatic Club (NYNC), Early American Copper (EAC), the Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), U.S. Mexican Numismatic Association (USMNA), Liberty Seated Collectors Club (LSCC), Token and Medal Society (TAMS), and life member of the Atlantic County Numismatic Society (ACNS).
Become a member of the American Numismatic Society!

Comments

• carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for hosting and posting this. Always enjoy hearing from John.

• JesseKraftJesseKraft Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭✭

@carabonnair said:
    Thanks for hosting and posting this. Always enjoy hearing from John.

Thanks for watching! Agreed, he's one of the greats for a reason.

Jesse C. Kraft, Ph.D.
    Resolute Americana Curator of American Numismatics
    American Numismatic Society
    New York City

Member of the American Numismatic Association (ANA), British Numismatic Society (BNS), New York Numismatic Club (NYNC), Early American Copper (EAC), the Colonial Coin Collectors Club (C4), U.S. Mexican Numismatic Association (USMNA), Liberty Seated Collectors Club (LSCC), Token and Medal Society (TAMS), and life member of the Atlantic County Numismatic Society (ACNS).
    Become a member of the American Numismatic Society!