Options

2022 W Congratulations Set Strike through

Struck through fiber?

Comments

• Options
    Robot1010Robot1010 Posts: 198 ✭✭✭

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like struck thru something. It happens.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks more like a planchette scratch that didn’t fully strike out. Planchette was polished, but scratch was too deep.

thefinn
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, does look like a very small struck thru fiber. Because of how small it is, there is basically little to no premium.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

There's something else above the T in States. Another fiber or planchette flaw

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a struck through fiber of some sort.. Too bad it was not retained. Minor, but interesting, especially on these special coins. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Yes it's very minor but cool on a new coin. Anything retained would be a home run on these

• Options

These pics are slightly better

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

don't believe you can get the Congratulations Set label since the sealed mint shipping box has been opened. No way to prove it's not a regular 2022 W proof.

"When the rule of law collapses, civilization can no longer survive." - Martin Armstrong

• Options

I was going to send it in but decided to keep it for myself. I'm ok with it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file