Home Precious Metals
Options

Gold price to drop 16% to $1,500 in 2022, 2023 doesn't look any better - ABN AMRO

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually i did send you a PM but i think i hit the "new message" button and it didnt send. And i do have a genuine interest n your reference.

Regarding the closed minded comment....it is true that my mind is not open to misinformation. So what ya got?

Once again, for the record, you have not found yourself willing to PM me for the references I would provide. I'm really not interested in playing your games.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

Is some bankster in London raising rates or sumptin'? Gotta get up early in the morning for a buying opportunity these days. :lol:

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 27, 2021 6:19AM

@jmski52 said:
    Actually i did send you a PM but i think i hit the "new message" button and it didnt send. And i do have a genuine interest n your reference.

Regarding the closed minded comment....it is true that my mind is not open to misinformation. So what ya got?

Once again, for the record, you have not found yourself willing to PM me for the references I would provide. I'm really not interested in playing your games.

Dude...you're the one wanting to play games by requesting my email when you could simply send the info via PM. So just send it. Im waiting.

So now youre on record. I cant wait to see what ya got. I am genuinely interested in reading what you read that shows the suspension of medial science.

Im not afraid to post a link.....maybe you could read this.

Biotech is riding a wave of growth in funding. What’s next? | McKinsey
    https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/life-sciences/our-insights/whats-ahead-for-biotech-another-wave-or-low-tide

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

Dude...you're the one wanting to play games by requesting my email when you could simply send the info via PM. So just send it. Im waiting.

blah, blah, blah - I told you I'm not playing with you.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

Aw man, my usual place is out of 1 oz hologram bars. Should of bought a couple more when I had the chance. Some of the other bars are sold out now too. And premiums seem to be going up. I suppose there could be a bar shortage despite a surplus of the actual metal. I mean, they got to ship it from South Africa to Switzerland and then to me here in the USA. That's a lot of shipping.

• Options
    TPGSTPGS Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

Bitcoin and crypto is stealing gold's thunder. After a while bitcoin will be stealing the US dollar's thunder.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TPGS said:
    Bitcoin and crypto is stealing gold's thunder. After a while bitcoin will be stealing the US dollar's thunder.

PM's may be out of favor by the speculators, however, it appears so is b.c. Although I'd avoid both as an investment, but If I had to choose, I'd pick gold over b.c.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sell the news, buy the rumor.

• Options
    edited December 28, 2021 10:28AM

no games here - email/pm sent - you can thank me later :o

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 28, 2021 11:05AM

Cryptos ARE stealing gold's thunder. They are becoming the new perceived safehaven.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

Cryptos ARE stealing gold's thunder. They are becoming the new perceived safehaven.

Cryptos still do cause me some concern over volatility, govt intrusion, internet reliability, crypto security............but there seems to be no doubt as to more widespread acceptance & use.

Quite the conundrum.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@derryb said:

And perception is reality, right? Haha

I find it ironic that many of those who find mistrust in virutally everything, find trust in cryptos.

• Options

@jmski52 said:
    no games here - email/pm sent - you can thank me later :o

Thanks. I read all the links you provided but didnt read anything about the suspension of medical science. I did read and interpret the links as a suspension of logic, reason and rational thought, but i did not read anything pertaining to or discussing a suspension of medical science.

I would encourage you to explore the differences between science and pseudoscience. For reference here is a link to begin....

Science versus Pseudoscience
    https://web2.ph.utexas.edu/~coker2/index.files/distinguish.htm

I believe you will find many examples of pseudoscience in your links. Unfortunately, the extensive use social media has led to a massive flood of "psuedo-everything". As derryb might say, educate yourself.

• Options

I wish bitcoin would just crash to zero. Be good for the American dollar, gold and stonks. America are the good guys in a world of 007 bond super villan world leaders. The US dollar needs to be the world's currency not the Yuan, Ruble or shitcoin.

• Options

i did not read anything pertaining to or discussing a suspension of medical science.

pm sent

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

Ask Superman what he thinks of crypto nite.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

20 years ago I was buying $20’s below $400 slabbed type 2’s under $500. Who thinks they know 20 years from now ?

• Options

@JimTyler said:
    20 years ago I was buying $20’s below $400 slabbed type 2’s under $500. Who thinks they know 20 years from now ?

they haven't gained value. The dollars that bought them have lost value. Perception is in the eye of the beholder.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@JimTyler said:

they haven't gained value. The dollars that bought them have lost value. Perception is in the eye of the beholder.

Interesting. the dollars that bought gutter don't seem to have lost any value. It's a crap shoot.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@derryb said:

@JimTyler said:

Kinda like one didnt get smarter or fatter, everyone else got dumber or thinner. Lol

• Options

I believe gold will bury $2400 this year. Too much world disorder. 007 bond villan world leaders are in control now. They smell weakness in the USA and damn well will take advantage of it. China has said they are going to make the Yuan the world's currency. And they have the military to back it up.
    Peace through strength, thats what the bad players respect.
    Also inflation and all the money printing.
    Disorder within America.

• Options

@TPGS said:
    I believe gold will bury $2400 this year.

In another thread you said gold was too high for you to buy but here you say it would go up 30%. Is 30% not enticing enough for you to invest in? If so, what do you think would give you a greater return?

• Options

@cohodk said:

@TPGS said:

In another thread you said gold was too high for you to buy but here you say it would go up 30%. Is 30% not enticing enough for you to invest in? If so, what do you think would give you a greater return?

Dudes all over the map just like derby. I started the new year right....by adding gold....assuming they actually deliver. Amro, lol. RGDS!

• Options
    edited January 2, 2022 7:44PM

@cohodk said:

@TPGS said:

I said I believe gold will go up, never said it would absolutely go up. Also never keep all your eggs in 1 basket, deversify . I also said I believe AMZN will go up 300% . So you just need to do the math.
    To think, assume only gold or only AMZN is thinking in only 1 dimension or inside the box.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@cohodk said:

@TPGS said:

Dudes all over the map just like derby. I started the new year right....by adding gold....assuming they actually deliver. Amro, lol. RGDS!

Its called being diversified. A little here a little there. All over the map.

• Options

• Options

@cohodk said:

Woah. Cat got your tongue? Best comment you've made all week.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@cohodk said:

@TPGS said:

OOOF! You shoud have bought AMZN instead. Next time you buy PM me so I can sell. ;)

• Options

If the FED fails to follow thru with its QE and interest rate promises, gold will see $3500 and silver will see $85 by year end.

• Options

@TPGS said:

@cohodk said:

Thanks. My New years resolution was to contribute more insight. It warms my heart knowing ive added to your intellect

• Options

@derryb said:
    If the FED fails to follow thru with its QE and interest rate promises, gold will see $3500 and silver will see $85 by year end.

From your mouth to Gods ears. What a glorious year it would be for this forum. Make it so!!

• Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally I love it when the experts chime in with the yearly reports. If they say down; it goes up and vice versa.

• Options

@TPGS said:

@blitzdude said:

@cohodk said:

@TPGS said:

OOOF! You shoud have bought AMZN instead. Next time you buy PM me so I can sell. ;)

OOOOF! I do own AMZN and have for years. Don't forget to come back next month and tell us about all the brilliant trades you made 8 weeks ago. Another Bulgarian internet hero. LOL

• Options

China has said they are going to make the Yuan the world's currency. And they have the military to back it up.

I'm sure that China's intentions are purely in the interest of the CCP.

Dudes all over the map just like derby.

Who's derby? The derryb I know from this board has been consistent in his philosophy and remarks over time.

Sometimes a fear of commitment is justified, especially when the markets are clearly manipulated.OTOH sometimes it's better to be early than a minute too late.

I thought the Fed was supposedly ratcheting back on the humongous injections of free money to their cohorts. Was this mis-reported?

OOOOF! I do own AMZN and have for years. Another Bulgarian internet hero. LOL

Say what? :)

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@blitzdude said:

@TPGS said:

@blitzdude said:

@cohodk said:

@TPGS said:

OOOOF! I do own AMZN and have for years. Don't forget to come back next month and tell us about all the brilliant trades you made 8 weeks ago. Another Bulgarian internet hero. LOL

@blitzdude owns AMZN and gold??? This dude is all over the map just like TPGS.

• Options

@cohodk said:

@TPGS said:

@cohodk said:

Thanks. My New years resolution was to contribute more insight. It warms my heart knowing ive added to your intellect

You are one of the smarter guys on the forums.imo Too bad you waste in all on disagreeing with others and being snarky.

• Options

@TPGS said:

@cohodk said:

@TPGS said:

@cohodk said:

You are one of the smarter guys on the forums.imo Too bad you waste in all on disagreeing with others and being snarky.

Im just trying to fit in with the crowd. But, thanks. 🙂

• Options

@cohodk said:

@TPGS said:

@cohodk said:

@TPGS said:

@cohodk said:

I need to work on myself. So > @cohodk said:

@TPGS said:

@cohodk said:

@TPGS said:

@cohodk said:

I'm the last one who should be throwing judgement rocks. I need to work on myself more than you do. I will try not to "take the bait" of the passive aggresive forum members. The worlds a different place now. PCGS forums should be a numismatic family and not one with issues.

• Options
    edited January 9, 2022 9:29AM

Dysfunction is the norm here. Way more haters than lovers at this site.

Now back to the point. Back up the truck if you believe it's going down. My hunch is: if you wait for the drop to that level you probably don't own any now and likely never will.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree with the op’s call on low price gold. It’s going up and so is silver. My 2 cents.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    doubleeagle07doubleeagle07 Posts: 398 ✭✭✭

Successful transactions with: AnonMan, Commoncents05, JJM, PerryHall, Danielp, greenwr, Along, Herb_T, Downtown1974, masscrew, coinnerd, liefgold, JWP, Relaxn, Pnies20, Weiss, Type2, dm679864, pointfivezero, and more!

• Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭

Nice week for all the metals, especially Pd.

• Options

Nice week for all the metals, especially Pd.

I keep pinching myself to make sure that it's not just another fakeout.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok if gold and silver go up to the aforementioned price point....(what do you buy with the, dare I say profit?)
    Serious question.
    Pay monthly bills.
    Stock up on food.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

• Options

Ok if gold and silver go up to the aforementioned price point....(what do you buy with the, dare I say profit?)

The question is whether or not you need to liquidate your gold & silver in order to pay bills or to stock up on food, and the reasons that you hold physical metals in the first place.

If you bought metals in order to supplement your income with profits, then take some profits and re-deploy the proceeds.

If you bought metals in order hedge against inflation or government mismanagement of the economy, then use them as a savings vehicle and add to the stack or use them as a rainy day fund when needed for something important.

If you are concerned about food supply shortages or interruptions in the supply chain, then start hedging in that direction.

It's a long road, so don't feel like you simply must "do something". Play your own hand, based on your own needs.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rte592 said:
    Serious question.
    Pay monthly bills.
    Stock up on food.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Tough question. I buy and sell all the time to take small bits of profit and hold the stuff I think is cool. When it gets to a point where shiny trinkets are worth less to me than the cash I can use to buy other things I want, I sell. If I don’t have cash to buy food or pay bills then I shouldn’t be holding little round shiny objects anyway. JMO

• Options

profits from gold are not really profits. when sold they provide you with dollars that you protected from inflation's dollar devaluation.

• Options