Home Precious Metals

Platinum. Interesting find , big deposit of several metals

Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 16, 2022 6:46PM in Precious Metals

Looky at are little guy. Over a thousand $ 😉 I posted further down towards the bottom of the list & no I really don’t know why😂

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks as if we may be in for bit of a ride - UP!! Maybe... Cheers, RickO

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes sir and just a short while back it was interesting to watch gold and palladium invert their prices. To see palladium at $3000, with gold at $2000 and with in 6 months gold at $1800 and palladium at $1750 Learning all the time.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still blows my mind that platinum is half the price of gold.

It's a good illustration of how important the auto industry demand is for the price of platinum. I think that the auto companies came to the conclusion that they could tolerate a higher price for palladium than being dependent on a questionable supply of platinum coming from South Africa and Russia.

Will things ever change? Of course, but we just don't know when. :o

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Not sure how I made it thru the early 80's. In 1982 I was out of college and there were no jobs especially out in the country where I lived. I finally got a crappy job in NYC for the grand salary of $250 a week. Future wife and I both had student loans that were around 7-9% interest. Had a car loan that was 16.75%! It cost $25 a week to go across the bridge to get to work and I bet gas was higher then figuring for inflation. Add in car insurance and not much left for food! Before the future wife came down I lived in a flophouse that was $80 a week for a medium size closet with a bed. I used to walk around the hood at night cause there was nothing else to do but I noticed the cops were always in pairs. So one time I asked a cop if it was safe for me to be walking around alone and he hesitated to answer so I told him say no more.
    Aaaah, those were the days!

Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Icollecteverything said:
    Not sure how I made it thru the early 80's. In 1982 I was out of college and there were no jobs especially out in the country where I lived. I finally got a crappy job in NYC for the grand salary of $250 a week. Future wife and I both had student loans that were around 7-9% interest. Had a car loan that was 16.75%! It cost $25 a week to go across the bridge to get to work and I bet gas was higher then figuring for inflation. Add in car insurance and not much left for food! Before the future wife came down I lived in a flophouse that was $80 a week for a medium size closet with a bed. I used to walk around the hood at night cause there was nothing else to do but I noticed the cops were always in pairs. So one time I asked a cop if it was safe for me to be walking around alone and he hesitated to answer so I told him say no more.
    Aaaah, those were the days!

So, what exactly were you doing at night in the hood? Stealing catalytic converters for Pt? RGDS

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• RobMRobM Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

I'm guessing @Icollecteverything was meaning to post in the "inflation is highest since 1981" thread. But I like any attention these unpopular PGM topics get.

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RobM said:
    I'm guessing @Icollecteverything was meaning to post in the "inflation is highest since 1981" thread. But I like any attention these unpopular PGM topics get.

Crazy times. The whole worlds gone off it's rocker. LOL

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• TPGSTPGS Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

I'm bag holding 5 ounces of platinum American eagles. :(

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2022 7:07AM

@TPGS said:
    I'm bag holding 5 ounces of platinum American eagles. :(

I can free you of that burden.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only have a few Pt ouncer's. Mainly as a curiosity. Main holding is in NILSY. World's largest Pt, PD and Ni producer.
    GLTA

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • @RobM said:

That would be correct, I would like to plead temporary insanity due to a bad case of early cabin fever.

I can't add any wisdom to the platinum discussion, I think the only platinum I have is a sewing needle. I probably should have bought platinum in the 80's If I had any money. I also remember that palladium was like the unwanted stepchild of PM's I think it was around $40 back in those days.

Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.

edited January 16, 2022 6:43PM

Figured I’d mug my own thread. This is something I saw today and thought it was cool . Our county has maybe the biggest molybdenum mine in the country. The dang thing goes from one end of the county 20 some odd miles (underground) to the other. It’s really amazing .🙀

Platinum $1048. That’s fun to see

• RobMRobM Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Speaking of platinum, anyone celebrating the jubbly?