Home U.S. Coin Forum

“ Limited American Eagle Enrollments Remaining”

I received this email today and I’m curious as to the continued interest is ASE’s. Enrollment for the 2022 American Eagle Silver One Ounce Proof Coin (S) and the 2022 American Eagle Silver One Ounce Uncirculated Coin (W) have reached their limits and new enrollments have been suspended.

Last year it was due to the move to T2 reverses - what’s driving the enrollment frenzy in 2022? Am I missing something? (It wouldn’t be the first time for me). Is it just people not updating their requests from last year?

Comments

• smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2022 5:26PM

Didn't see your post when I checked - thanks for not going off on me lol. I think you're right. I know I haven't updated from last year and will be reducing. Maybe others also.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will say that the one ase I had on enrollment was really a great experience. First in line and first shipped. I’m moving away from these but can speak to enrollments👍🏼

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

There was a small flip of these last year

Perhaps the green fills their eyes.

I’m still at my usual

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

hurry up and git'em while they're rare and at 2x the price. No thanks.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    [hurry up and git'em while they're rare and at 2x the price. No thanks.]

This about the enrollment plan which costs nothing to join not the coin itself - a bit too hasty to criticize I'd say.........

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

@blitzdude said:
    [hurry up and git'em while they're rare and at 2x the price. No thanks.]

This about the enrollment plan which costs nothing to join not the coin itself - a bit too hasty to criticize I'd say.........

I understand the "enrollment" is free. So, join and pay 2x, 3x spot for the ASE or wait and buy it for less than half the asking price 6 months down the road. Maybe a bit too hasty for a collector but not so much for a fellow hoping to recoup the expense someday down the road. Good luck!!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

@blitzdude said
    [I understand the "enrollment" is free. So, join and pay 2x, 3x spot ]

Can you please tell me where you buy Proof ASE's at spot without any premium? I have a boatload of cash I'd like to spend..........

• rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2022 7:55PM

Enrollments may be the only way to get the ASEs next this year.

I interpreted the memo to mean that they had enough coins committed to enrollments to fill their planned mintage limit. The San Fran proofs and the burnished were already maxed out.
    Why else would they stop further enrollments this far in advance?

• Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

West Point is available. Just did it. Missed out on the S.

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The enrollment program is good to avoid the phone crush hassle... I have used it. I think it opted out after last year...Just because I did not think anything special was coming. I will have to check. Cheers, RickO

• The enrollments are absolutely a stress free way of getting the items from the mint....just wish more items were available with an enrollment!

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rip_f said:

I interpreted the memo to mean that they had enough coins committed to enrollments to fill their planned mintage limit. The San Fran proofs and the burnished were already maxed out.

As I understand it, the Mint limits the number of units available via "enrollment" to a set 'number/%'. This way, some coins are allocated to "enrollments", while the majority of the mintage is still available for purchase at release.

I tend to think of it like the ABPP. With this program, select bulk purchasers get an allocation. In the case of "enrollments", other customers get an allocation.

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got that email as well. PASS!

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • JWPJWP Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've gotten the same messages from the mint lately too. This may be an indication that the u.s. mint is going to reduce the household limit for these upcoming issues. They may be giving us a chance to order more than what they're going to restrict the household limit to, much like they did last year. Just saying. :/

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 631 ✭✭✭✭✭

I signed up for 10 W Eagles. Thank you for the heads up!

@JWP said:
    I've gotten the same messages from the mint lately too. This may be an indication that the u.s. mint is going to reduce the household limit for these upcoming issues. They may be giving us a chance to order more than what they're going to restrict the household limit to, much like they did last year. Just saying. :/

On the ase’s there’s a notification that you can not increase your current amount. They also sometimes change your amount to meet any new changes to the HHL.

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@JWP said:

On the ase’s there’s a notification that you can not increase your current amount. They also sometimes change your amount to meet any new changes to the HHL.

They did not adjust the HHL in 2021 for enrollments and may not in 2022 too.

• smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2022 3:09PM

After a certain point last year they didn't let you increase your enrollment. The enrollments as @MetroD said are only a set percentage of the mintage. It allows you to get them without having to be online at the set est time on a certain day. As @jzykowski1 said stress free. If you're not interested you're not interested, but you likely don't pick up proof eagles later down the line at half the asking price. Last year's asking price was $73 you may get bullion ASE for half that but I doubt you're getting the unc collector coin or any of the proofs for that.

I've used the enrollment program gor years. It is and no need to play the U S MINT's lottery just knowing that you will loose. o:)

@JWP said:

I do not recall which releases were impacted, but I thought that the Mint limited the enrollments to 25 on at least one of the 2021 ASE coins ....

edited January 14, 2022 4:51PM

The type 1 W proof ase . Didn’t it have99 for awhile, then adjusted down. Or was that the CC and O Morgan’s. Some one of them started at 99
    Last year was a long “decade “😉

@MetroD said:

@JWP said:

I do not recall which releases were impacted, but I thought that the Mint limited the enrollments to 25 on at least one of the 2021 ASE coins ....

The mint had their household limits at 25 per r enrollment, but later changed it to 10. However, if you had multiple enrollments like I did, they filled each one of them that you had before they suspended enrollments, As long as each one of your enrollments were less than 10. Last year and this year I have multiple enrollments of which each one is less than 10 and one of the totals comes up to 14 total coins. On the other hand the mint can do whatever they want and whenever they want. Worst case scenario we all go to the u.s. mint Lotto where we will lose and waste a lot of time like we did in 2021.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15, 2022 12:02AM

i’m sure one of you guys will sell me one ( or more) on the BST, or ebay.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

currently able to increase QTY up to 25 on all three 2022 "enrollment" ASEs.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2022 12:33PM

@derryb said:
    currently able to increase QTY up to 25 on all three 2022 "enrollment" ASEs.

Is that only if you had already enrolled in at least 1 coin for the Uncirculated and San Fran versions?
    I'm only seeing the 2022 ASE Proof (W) coin avail for current enrollment in.

BST references available on request

@MetroD said:

@rip_f said:

As I understand it, the Mint limits the number of units available via "enrollment" to a set 'number/%'. This way, some coins are allocated to "enrollments", while the majority of the mintage is still available for purchase at release.

I tend to think of it like the ABPP. With this program, select bulk purchasers get an allocation. In the case of "enrollments", other customers get an allocation.

From an e-mail today:

As a result, 100% of available units of the 2022 American Eagle Silver One Ounce Proof Coin (S) and the 2022 American Eagle Silver One Ounce Uncirculated Coin (W) have been reserved through enrollments.

@HoneyMarket said:
    From an e-mail today:

As a result, 100% of available units of the 2022 American Eagle Silver One Ounce Proof Coin (S) and the 2022 American Eagle Silver One Ounce Uncirculated Coin (W) have been reserved through enrollments.

I saw your post in the other thread. Thanks for sharing the e-mail from the Mint. :)

I think that "available units" = the number they have allocated to enrollments.

As far as I know, the Mint does not reserve the entire mintage of an item for enrollments.

edited February 4, 2022 6:23PM

How does the mint determine the mintage numbers of a coin before actual production begins?

EDITED from: How does the mint determine set mintages of a coin before the known demand?

But either way, interested to know.

@MetroD said:

@HoneyMarket said:
    From an e-mail today:

I saw your post in the other thread. Thanks for sharing the e-mail from the Mint. :)

I think that "available units" = the number they have allocated to enrollments.

As far as I know, the Mint does not reserve the entire mintage of an item for enrollments.

I hope so...
    I'm Looking forward to 12:00pm on release day for the ASE (S) and uncirculated/burnished (W) fun clicking!

@Steven59 said:
    How does the mint determine set mintages of a coin before the known demand?

That's a great question.

I am sure, that here in these threads, we'll get all sorts of speculative answers but your question makes me wish that we really knew what goes on behind the scenes where those decisions are made by Gov't bureaucrats.

Flip a coin 😸

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

Question for the Chorus...are the 2022 Morgan and Peace dollars going to be available via enrollment...and, if so, when?

edited February 4, 2022 6:37PM

Another Question is WHEN do "they" decide the mintage numbers.

@RichR said:
    Question for the Chorus...are the 2022 Morgan and Peace dollars going to be available via enrollment...and, if so, when?

It sounds like the Mint is considering it. Link

The Proof-W enrollment, MN, is now unavailable.

Link

I’ve read somewhere they are going to use enrollment for Morgan’s and Peace Dollar.

• rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@MetroD said:

@rip_f said:

From an e-mail today:

Mintage limits have been restricted to some degree in recent years by the number of blanks they can acquire. So I read both of their memos to mean that they have indeed maxed out what they can mint - a quantity that they have already reserved for enrollments.

Once the word of this sinks in, I don't think many people will be reducing their enrollment number. There may not be a noon eastern release day for ASEs at all this year.

Sorry but they are done 🤨

• johntjohnt Posts: 43 ✭✭✭

The wording of the last email from the mint does indicate that mintages have been reserved through enrollments. I assume as well that this is just a portion of the total mintage, but it would be helpful of the mint to clarify whether these will also be available on release day.

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

[The wording of the last email from the mint does indicate that mintages have been reserved through enrollments. I assume as well that this is just a portion of the total mintage, but it would be helpful of the mint to clarify whether these will also be available on release day.]

Good question...has the Mint ever not offered any issue on release day due to a pre-enrollment sellout???

• cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Uncirculated 2022-W American Eagle silver dollar has an enrollment limit totaling 160,000 coins, with an additional 121,840 coins from 3,046 40-coin trays available to bulk buyers.

The production limit under enrollment for the Proof 2022-S coin is 200,000 coins, with an additional 59,640 coins allotted for 40-coin bulk purchase trays.

The production limit for the Proof 2022-W coin is 500,000 coins, with an additional 162,760 coins in 40-coin trays reserved for bulk buyers.

• HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

Glad I saw this post. I need to deactivate my enrollments. This will not be a winner, IMO.

edited February 5, 2022 9:56AM

No need to rush the deactivation. You can change 48 hours before release. What if one or the other turns into a potential winner 😉

The United States Mint made $92.6 Million in FY2021 on the Numismatic side.

In FY2022 the United States Mint is in dire need of profits. The United States Mint will have to profit off of the American Silver Eagles, the American Gold Eagles and the Proof Morgans and the Proof Peace Silver dollars.

The Mint has had problems securing Silver planchets in the past, in CY2022 the Mint will sell EVERY American Silver Eagle they can produce because they need the money.

FY2022 is starting off as the Worst year in over a decade from a revenue/profit point of view.

The Negro Leagues Baseball coins sales have been Dismal...

edited February 5, 2022 10:34AM

@cagcrisp said:

The Uncirculated 2022-W American Eagle silver dollar has an enrollment limit totaling 160,000 coins, with an additional 121,840 coins from 3,046 40-coin trays available to bulk buyers.

The production limit under enrollment for the Proof 2022-S coin is 200,000 coins, with an additional 59,640 coins allotted for 40-coin bulk purchase trays.

The production limit for the Proof 2022-W coin is 500,000 coins, with an additional 162,760 coins in 40-coin trays reserved for bulk buyers.

I saw what I is assume is the same article. Link

The wording changes for each ASE (i.e., "enrollment limit", "production limit under enrollment", and "production limit"). I am guessing that the non-bulk figures are Mint "product limits".

Have sent an e-mail to the author, Paul Gilkes, for clarification. If he responds, I will post the information here.

Edited for a typo

• fathomfathom Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2022 10:45AM

Just too much "stuff".

Scale it back and concentrate on the perceived value winners.

The Mint needs to form a study group with Congress and some marketing experts. This has gotten put of hand. They are ruining perceived value of total Mint releases.

edited February 5, 2022 11:06AM

For the Proof 2021 W Type 1 Sales as of 01/30/2022:
    21EA 2021 AM EAGLE SILVER PROOF 1 OZ (W) 299,509
    21EA040 2021 AM EAGLE SILVER PROOF 1 OZ (W) - 40 COIN 686

For the Proof 2021 W Type 2 Sales as of 01/30/2022:
    21EAN 2021 AM EAGLE SILVER PROOF 1 OZ NEW (W) 298,624
    21EAN040 2021 AM EAGLE SILVER PROOF 1 OZ NEW (W) - 40 COIN 2,142

• SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 831 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    I’ve read somewhere they are going to use enrollment for Morgan’s and Peace Dollar.

I've written elsewhere that if they are planning on making the the Morgan and Peace dollars into a series, they should consider adding them to enrollments. As you and others mentioned, the enrollment program certainly is a much user-friendly way of procuring items from the mint.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor

@MetroD said:
    The Proof-W enrollment, MN, is now unavailable.
    Link

I guess that the e-mail, that the Mint sent out yesterday, did the trick and has now led to the unavailability of the 2022 ASE W Proof.

Now that all three ASE's are sold out, via enrollments...I'll have to take a look on eBay every now and then to see if any show up there on pre-sale!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file