Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Graded Coin Help- Any Is much Appreciated

Hi All!

I just bought a large lot and these were included for Melt Value. Anybody know anything about these holders/Gradings?
-No Pictures of the back at the moment, Like a dummy I complete forgot to take them!

Thanks Everyone

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just one of many self slabbing operations, most collectors treat coins in holders like this to be raw and if a desirable date likely to have issues.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options

I Figured haha,

My plan was to rip them out of the slab and just add them to my 90% silver piles, but figured the community.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11, 2022 7:56AM

Howdy. Good to see you. When I first started collecting again I bought several different slabbed coins and found the same thing ! It’s strange, almost as if there’s a magnetic attraction odd slabs and newer collectors😂. I feel ya. I did keep a few to remind me, although in your case these came in a “lot “purchase. I bought mine thinking what a deal 😂

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you didn't pay over melt for those.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,423 ✭✭✭✭

Those are homemade slabs. You can buy them from various websites. The labels are just stickers printed from the someone's printer. If you bought them for melt, they are probably worth melt. The likelihood of there being an MS70 Franklin half dollar or any of those other coins existing in MS70 is probably nil.

• Options

I agree Rampage, Yeah I have my usual seller I go-to and I had a large lot last month and he threw in these two slab sets for an extra $15 and a bag of pokemon cards just because I guess haha.

Now I have to figure out what to do with the cards, I think I am just going to gift them to some of my students as rewards for hard work honestly

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep... melt is about right.... Definitely not a PCGS product, and not '70's'... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    1Bufffan1Bufffan Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

coin world holders put together by a private person, If you can add to your Melt collection do so no other market value.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file