Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1878-CC Morgan Dollar question

I have a GSA 1878-CC Morgan dollar. On the reverse the right "C" on the "CC" is touching the feathers. Does anyone know what type this is?

Todd
Todd Abbey

Comments

• Options
    Todd,
    I assume you mean touching the bow, Vam 3 or 16 both R-3 (common)

Tim

My proof Jeffs
  • Options
    Cameo CCCameo CC Posts: 663
    Thanks.

Todd
    Todd Abbey
  • Options
    C2CC2C Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

This is a very useful website. http://ec2-13-58-222-16.us-east-2.compute.amazonaws.com/wiki/1878-CC_VAMs

It's got nice descriptions and photos to help sort Vams. Seems that all old Morgans are one VAM or another. Some are worth more because of it, some not.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

An 18 year old thread that the OP hasn't checked in since February 3, 2009 :D

@C2C A little late to the party don't ya think?

• Options
    d9lowed9lowe Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭

Its accually kinda cool to see what people were asking almost 20 years ago

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting. Lately there have been a number of 15-20 year old threads that I’m liking or lol or agree😂. Takes me a second cup of coffee to catch on. Or a friend will let me know that I’m talking to a bot or an ancient thread.
    I’m good because knowledge is good. 👍🏼

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have also noticed a lot of resurrected threads lately... Seems to go in cycles. We have also had a lot of new members lately... that might contribute to it due to site searches. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Golly, this is a thread from 2013? Well, to keep it alive a little while, here's my "78 CC:

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, it's a thread from 2003! Nice Morgan.

• Options
    Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

This just proves that what you write on these message boards never goes away!!
    Just like that picture of me from 1989 with the mullet drinking bud light - dammit

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the early 1960's my Dad bought me an 1878-CC Dollar in UNC. for $4.50! Those were the days. I sold it long ago. I wish that I had it now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file