Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who sent in their Morgan’s and peace dollars for grading?

I sent 15 in yesterday for grading, and they were already delivered today! Yay!

Comments

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,967 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent my 32 via Modern Value.
    Logged into PCGS system Nov. 12.
    "Scheduled for Grading" status earlier this week.
    Not expecting results until the end of January.

When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭✭

I sent in 13 back on August 23. I have had them back for a while now.

• Options
    PapiNEPapiNE Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

Sent 12 Morgans on 11/15. Economy service. Received and in process as of yesterday.
    https://www.pcgs.com/shared-orders/order-details/22471185

USAF veteran 1984-2005

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought 15 total of the new morgans / peace. I reviewed all of them, only had two that even had a shot of 70, submitted those two. Sold two complete sets on ebay , and donated one of the cc's to my sons school charity auction.

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,967 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rampage said:

How did you send coins in August, when the Mint didn't ship them to buyers until October?

When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent my Mint sealed Morgan’s to an excellent forum member via the BST!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a couple S, P, and one D now in QA and should get the grades very soon. The O and CC privy's will be a couple weeks longer. This first batch better come back with some 70's, as I only sent in the handful that looked pretty good.

• Options
    Mindy9773Mindy9773 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

Good luck to everyone I hope we all get a bunch of ms70’s

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭

I sent in about 40% of what I received.

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent a 1921 PCGS MS 65 and a 2021 P Morgan in and requested the Double Coin Holder. Not feeling good about this because I received and answer to my EMail about it and they said if the 1921 was encapsulated it had to go on a separate submission form. Well, I guess I'll know soon.

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AlexinPA said:
    I sent a 1921 PCGS MS 65 and a 2021 P Morgan in and requested the Double Coin Holder. Not feeling good about this because I received and answer to my EMail about it and they said if the 1921 was encapsulated it had to go on a separate submission form. Well, I guess I'll know soon.

Nice idea, double holder for the '21 and '21 Peace

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    jabbajabba Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve got one 2021 D Morgan and one 2021 peace plus a designer’s set and one MS Type 2 ASE at PCGS they are already in the grading process which is amazing considering I just sent them last week

• Options

I hope everyone posts their grades, it will be interesting!

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent in three last week, they were just delivered this morning. One Morgan and two Peace. I'm expecting a 69 for the Morgan and one Peace. I'm hoping the other Peace will make 70. Someone said January? That is likely when I will know.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent a single peace dollar in, normal gold shield slab.

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent all of mine in, since none of them were obviously flawed. I expect to get them back in January...an expectation that I had anticipated before the sales for these went live.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options
    jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been years since I sent any morgan or peace dollars in for grading...why do you ask?

• Options

I had many flaws includ
    ing this one still sent them all in

• Options

@jayPem said:
    Been years since I sent any morgan or peace dollars in for grading...why do you ask?

And why do you answer? 🤔

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭✭

@DennisH said:

@Rampage said:

How did you send coins in August, when the Mint didn't ship them to buyers until October?

All mine pre-date 2021. :o The question posed was who sent in their Morgan and Peace dollars. The OP did not specify a date, so I responded with what I did. :#

• Options
    RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2021 12:17AM

@MilesWaits said:
    I sent my Mint sealed Morgan’s to an excellent forum member via the BST!

I sold to that same member. Fantastic person to deal with!

• Options
    alefzeroalefzero Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dropped my 10 CC, 10 O, 3 D, 3 S, 3 P Morgans at the San Diego Invitational in two orders. The CC and O order has been in Quality Check for a couple weeks. The other 9 are still grading.

Mailed the 3 Peace dollars the Monday after the Invitational (arrived too late to drop it off). Actually flipped the sealed box with a submission form into a box at the post office when it arrive. It is in grading.

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mindy9773 said:
    I had many flaws includ
    ing this one still sent them all in

I'd call that the firebird variety. :D

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not submitted my CC or Peace... and will not. Though both, in my opinion, would garner 70 grades. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited November 20, 2021 8:50AM

Seeing all those pretty peace dollars is so neat it brings a tear to ones eye!

• Options

Was I supposed to take them out of the box first? I sent them in the little black boxes.

• Options

@Mindy9773 said:
    Seeing all those pretty peace dollars is so neat it brings a tear to ones eye!

Seeing all these being submitted for grading brings a tear of joy to our host's eyes...

• Options
    stockdude_stockdude_ Posts: 462 ✭✭✭

if a lot of them grade 70 doesnt that defeat the purpose and lower the value? ;)

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent in 14 total, one submitted separately using the Error service level.

The same day the error level coin was logged in the submission was red flagged due to some submission problem. When I called Customer service I was told by the nice lady it wasn’t eligible for error designation.

After a few minutes of back and forth I agreed to have it graded using the Modern Value service level, knowing that the strike through error would probably result in a details grade.

After a day of stewing I contacted a friend to see if they knew of anyone in Customer service I could talk to and get this coin back to the error level.

The person was contacted and another hold was put on the coin awaiting inspection after going through the grading process, but before being shipped back.

Meanwhile as of yesterday the 2021-D Morgan was given the grade of MS69. Hopefully the error designation will be applied within the next few days after inspection.

The other 13 are at Quality Check. Grades maybe early next week. Both submissions were logged in 11/4.

Sorry for the long winded report.

• Options
    Golden1Golden1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

So far on PCGS there are 4,023-70's 309-69's and 1-67

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Golden1 said:
    So far on PCGS there are 4,023-70's 309-69's and 1-67

If I read the pop report correctly, those figures are for the the 2021 Peace. :)

If anyone is interested in the rest of the recent issues, you can find the numbers here, at the bottom of the page.

• Options

I imagine that our host has been inundated with the 2021 Morgan and Peace dollars....a product of the mint's pre-order system this year, with a delay in delivery of all of these products over a more condensed period. In turn, I expect that the time to get these back from grading, encapsulation, QA, etc will be prolonged.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2021 3:41PM

Through 11/20/2021, the % of 70 grades at PCGS:
    94.3% - CC privy
    92.9% - O privy
    83.2% - D
    94.1% - S
    95.1% - Morgan minted @ Philly
    92.8% - Peace minted @ Philly

Interpretations should consider:
    1) early - only about 4K to 5.6K graded for each
    2) likely minimum grade request by early / bulk submitters, skewing the distribution of reported grade vs actual
    3) non-submission by those holding specimens demonstrating poor US Mint quality control / no chance of 70

To point 3, consider total submitted for each:
    5,629 - CC privy
    4,648 - O privy
    3,997 - D
    4,542 - S
    4,089 - Morgan minted @ Philly
    4,333 - Peace minted @ Philly

And the percent of all 70s received by each:
    22.4% - CC privy
    18.5% - O privy
    15.9% - D
    18.1% - S
    16.3% - Morgan minted @ Philly
    17.2% - - Peace minted @ Philly

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options

@stockdude_ said:
    if a lot of them grade 70 doesnt that defeat the purpose and lower the value? ;)

But what is "the value"?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file